Thread Tools
Feb 23, 2013, 01:26 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebstress View Post
I don't think it's that strange, as far as they are concerned the Rabbit does everything they wanted it to so they have achieved there goal.
Maybe they are working on something new, a 'fox' to chase the Rabbit away.
Interesting point, but the sales policy Openpilot for example I find most effective, they show you, what you can not have now, and that makes it most wanted.
To my rabbit flies excellent (I do not experience with other fc), but I would like to know who supports me and continuity, the apparitions as ghosts, only create distrust and speculation ....
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Feb 23, 2013, 02:13 PM
Advanced Monkey
nebstress's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapBlack View Post
Interesting point, but the sales policy Openpilot for example I find most effective, they show you, what you can not have now, and that makes it most wanted.
To my rabbit flies excellent (I do not experience with other fc), but I would like to know who supports me and continuity, the apparitions as ghosts, only create distrust and speculation ....
I don't think that is OP's intention & anyway you can have any OP kit you want you just have to join the community & contribute.

LF have given a good 12 months support & got the Rabbit to a place where it now does everything it was designed to & well, that is allot more support than some FC's get & anyway what more support do you want on an FC that already "flies excellent"?
If you are that paranoid that its causes you "distrust and speculation" then my advice would be sell your Rabbit & get another FC.
Feb 23, 2013, 02:39 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebstress View Post
I don't think that is OP's intention & anyway you can have any OP kit you want you just have to join the community & contribute.

LF have given a good 12 months support & got the Rabbit to a place where it now does everything it was designed to & well, that is allot more support than some FC's get & anyway what more support do you want on an FC that already "flies excellent"?
If you are that paranoid that its causes you "distrust and speculation" then my advice would be sell your Rabbit & get another FC.
well I hope to be wrong and a little paranoid sell the rabbit, never! i wont to buy one more, flies beautifully, and all the problems I've had have been mine or construction errors but a more stable PH , more reliable RTH, would not be bad a and ch8 fix
Feb 23, 2013, 02:55 PM
Advanced Monkey
nebstress's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapBlack View Post
a more stable PH , more reliable RTH, would not be bad a and ch8 fix
Position Hold has always been very stable with all my Rabbits, its really down to setup of both FC & copter that determines how well PH will work.

It would be great to have a more reliable RTH, we can always hope that LF still check in occasionally & are/will take a look at it
Mar 01, 2013, 11:27 AM
Registered User
Rabbit @ home living room


Rabbit @ home living room (0 min 0 sec)



I check news prop
Mar 02, 2013, 08:44 AM
Registered User
Hi to All,
having read all posts (yes 558 ! ) and building my first quad ask for clarification on the following points
1. Ultrsonic sensor - conection to FC .. Tx/Tx & Rx/RX or Tx/Rx & Rx/Tx

2. GPS Unit - conection to FC .. Tx/Tx & Rx/RX or Tx/Rx & Rx/Tx

Any Advice Appreciated
Mar 02, 2013, 08:47 AM
Advanced Monkey
nebstress's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jebrightman View Post
Hi to All,
having read all posts (yes 558 ! ) and building my first quad ask for clarification on the following points
1. Ultrsonic sensor - conection to FC .. Tx/Tx & Rx/RX or Tx/Rx & Rx/Tx

2. GPS Unit - conection to FC .. Tx/Tx & Rx/RX or Tx/Rx & Rx/Tx

Any Advice Appreciated
Its always TX to RX & RX to TX!

TX=Transmit data
RX=Receive data

Sonar uses; ECHO, TRIG, VCC(5V) & GND

ECHO to ECHO
TRIG to TRIG
VCC to 5V
GND to GND
Mar 02, 2013, 12:17 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebstress View Post
Its always TX to RX & RX to TX!

TX=Transmit data
RX=Receive data

Sonar uses; ECHO, TRIG, VCC(5V) & GND

ECHO to ECHO
TRIG to TRIG
VCC to 5V
GND to GND
many thanks for the clarification, will now carry on with the build .... it has been very interesting reading and hope further development will continue
Mar 02, 2013, 12:59 PM
Registered User
Soupbones's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebstress View Post
Its always TX to RX & RX to TX!
Now nebstress, you know that some earlier Rabbits that were released had this the wrong way around. Mine is still this way. It won't work if you hook it up the correct way!
I think but if you bought a new Rabbit board in the last year or so, then it is the right way, TX-RX, RX-TX
Mar 02, 2013, 03:29 PM
Advanced Monkey
nebstress's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupbones View Post
Now nebstress, you know that some earlier Rabbits that were released had this the wrong way around. Mine is still this way. It won't work if you hook it up the correct way!
I think but if you bought a new Rabbit board in the last year or so, then it is the right way, TX-RX, RX-TX
I think you will find its still 'hooked up' the correct way otherwise it wouldn't work
Its just the silk screening that's incorrect
Mar 04, 2013, 03:37 PM
Registered User

GUI display cannot fit on my PC screen


Just installed Rabbit pctools. But the GUI is bigger then pc screen, I cannot see some rows at the bottom. Please help.
Mar 04, 2013, 03:44 PM
Advanced Monkey
nebstress's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by efren.yamar View Post
Just installed Rabbit pctools. But the GUI is bigger then pc screen, I cannot see some rows at the bottom. Please help.
Buy a new computer
Mar 04, 2013, 04:01 PM
Registered User
Jerry Campbell's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by efren.yamar View Post
Just installed Rabbit pctools. But the GUI is bigger then pc screen, I cannot see some rows at the bottom. Please help.
Change the screen resolution if you can.
Jerry
Mar 04, 2013, 11:30 PM
Registered User
Fugbucker's Avatar
Scroll down...
Mar 05, 2013, 12:52 PM
Registered User
Soupbones's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebstress View Post
I think you will find its still 'hooked up' the correct way otherwise it wouldn't work
Its just the silk screening that's incorrect
Electrically yes. I had a friend who had a Rabbit, and his was correct in that the RX went to TX and the TX went to RX. This was the pin were marked exactly the same as mine, yet mine would only work when you hooked them the wrong way around according to the markings.
I suspect more then just bad silk screen print on the board.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Multicopter Flight Controller Comparison Chart mbsteed Multirotor Drone Talk 27 Jun 13, 2015 09:41 AM
Discussion Free Flight FF Auto Balance Controller with 3D Acceleration Sensor For QuadCopter C team MOD Multirotor Drone Electronics 5803 Jun 26, 2014 05:40 PM
Discussion New quadcopter frame only (compatible with KK/MK MultiCopter Controller ) udoor Multirotor Drone Talk 23 Aug 07, 2011 12:05 PM
Sold FY90Q Flight Controller for Quadcopter - $70 shipped jpsabo Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 1 Jul 29, 2011 10:21 AM
For Sale Complete MultiWii Quadcopter Flight Controller Kit madushan2008 Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 7 Jul 26, 2011 08:58 AM