Oct 08, 2012, 04:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formosa
Hi

I also experience the same, the gimble servos are notchy, replaced with some better servos improved a bit but not all, but I didn't pursue to locate "the best" servo to test out whether it is the problem of the servo or it is the problem of the FC.

In my case, i added two fluid dampers and pushing the cam cradle with a spring damped push rod eliminated the jittersFormosa
That is a good idea!

infact , every gimbal need dampers with it. servos can't run smoothly as we think.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 08, 2012, 04:15 AM
Always learning..
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePara
Stop asking for bizarre functions. If you are so lazy that you'd have someone write you software code instead of just pulling each motor ESC lead in turn and connect it directly to throttle channel on RX, please cease from flying multirotors altogether.

Main development points, besides streamlining current code, should be CPPM and radio/BT wireless config and telemetry.
Agree + 2
Oct 08, 2012, 04:21 AM
ThePara:
this is not a bizzare function. If yes, why mikrokopter support it? ...
It is a help for us, who have problem with jello effect.

No, i'm not lazy as you think, you just don't know my setup.
I cannot plug in and out easily those little wires, and try to
make it as safe as possible. (ie not touch the connections)

I think this is not a very big work for the team and not a totally
new function. That's why i presume to do asking. Forgive me.

But ICAN, thanks for the positive answer!
Oct 08, 2012, 06:24 AM
making crashing a lifestyle!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rizalbautista
Hello there ICAN can you please enlighten me about the IRRET SHAPE setting?

What does the "Arrow" in each motor represents/mean? from m1 to m4 and so on?

i am using an irregular shape configuration with my quad (its like a TBS) my own version made of aluminum as seen in some of my video here.

I tried to use the IRRET shape and i did configure the distance of each motor as instructed but i cannot fly my quad in this setting "IRRET SHAPE" because of the "ARROW" in the GUI setting which i dont understand, so i just went back to x-config.

Thanks in advance

Rizal
the arrows point in the way of prop direction (CW/CCW)
if you made an irret_shape quad you will have the front two arrows pointing outwards or inwards and on the rear the other way around.
here's an irret_shape from my hexa:

if you look at the check boxes you can see that the checked ones have the prop in another direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vili
ThePara:
this is not a bizzare function. If yes, why mikrokopter support it? ...
It is a help for us, who have problem with jello effect.

No, i'm not lazy as you think, you just don't know my setup.
I cannot plug in and out easily those little wires, and try to
make it as safe as possible. (ie not touch the connections)

I think this is not a very big work for the team and not a totally
new function. That's why i presume to do asking. Forgive me.

But ICAN, thanks for the positive answer!

i don't think it's a needed thing, but my FreeFlight has it to (sliders for motors) it is usefull for esc calibration, but it can get unsafe quick..
Oct 08, 2012, 09:05 AM

position hold and height lock, acitaved. hopping quad

hi guys. yesterday i was test the position hold and height lock, this 2 functions are in the same switch.i have FW 1.220
when i activated the switch, the quad starts to hopping back and does not stay at the point.
somebody knows what i have to do?? my FC its bad?,
my parameters are

channel 5 low switch mode
autostability,ptz,

channel 5 high switch mode
autostability, ptz, height lock, position hold.

whe i fly at low switch mode its ok to fly. but high mode its verey verey very scary..
please help me!!!!!!!!

very soon my videos ....from bogota - colombia....
Oct 08, 2012, 09:26 AM
Can someone please share their GPS parameters for successful PH and RTH. Not the best luck here so far. Have a 650 and 450 quad. Gps both work . Main problem is circles that get bigger over time and eventually have to take back manual control. Also which parameters to adjust first ect. All setup and calibration according to manual.
Thanks
Oct 08, 2012, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by haroldriverac
hi guys. yesterday i was test the position hold and height lock, this 2 functions are in the same switch.i have FW 1.220
when i activated the switch, the quad starts to hopping back and does not stay at the point.
my parameters are

autostability,ptz,

whe i fly at low switch mode its ok to fly. but high mode its verey verey very scary..
please help me!!!!!!!!

screen shoot of GUI settings will help. Did you done horizontal calibration and compass calibration ? In GUI when rotate copter you have 360 (1) for N, 90, 180,270 for next 90 rotation ? GPS has 5 or more satellites locked ?
Oct 08, 2012, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formosa
Hi

I also experience the same, the gimble servos are notchy, replaced with some better servos improved a bit but not all, but I didn't pursue to locate "the best" servo to test out whether it is the problem of the servo or it is the problem of the FC.

In my case, i added two fluid dampers and pushing the cam cradle with a spring damped push rod eliminated the jitters

Formosa
I think its the problem of the FC because when that servo is plugged directly into a RX and a TX pot moves it.. it is silky smooth. But hooked up to the FC it is notchy and takes big steps. The refresh rates on the GUI have no affect on the servo steps.
Oct 08, 2012, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamradioflyer
Can someone please share their GPS parameters for successful PH and RTH. Not the best luck here so far. Have a 650 and 450 quad. Gps both work . Main problem is circles that get bigger over time and eventually have to take back manual control. Also which parameters to adjust first ect. All setup and calibration according to manual.
Thanks
This are my settings for 650 quad:

Forgot to mention that this settings are OK for wind less than 6-8 mph....I'm still working to settings for windy days ( >10 mph) !!!
Last edited by dboanca; Oct 08, 2012 at 10:51 AM.
Oct 08, 2012, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dboanca
This are my settings for 650 quad:
Thanks, will give it a try
Oct 08, 2012, 10:32 AM
Advanced Monkey
Quote:
Originally Posted by haroldriverac
my parameters are

autostability,ptz,

please help me!!!!!!!!

Have you protected Baro with foam, cover or lid from prop wash, wind, ect?
Oct 08, 2012, 10:51 AM
OS RC developer
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebstress
Have you protected Baro with foam, cover or lid from prop wash, wind, ect?
And sun. Don't forget to shield it from direct sunlight. I once thought I was all good because I have a clear enclosure covering the FC, but as soon as light hit the baro, the 'copter started jumping up and down (good for a real rabbit, not so much for the Rabbit ).

-Max
Oct 08, 2012, 11:15 AM

back jumps whe activate PH and HL

ican could you help me with this problem, please????

when i activate the PH an HL , the quad start jump and th quad comes to me by jumps.....
i have calibrated the compass, and the horizontal calibration, i just checked the compass with my casio pathfinder, and the N with 0 ,90,180, its ok, in the right direction.
the baro it protects with foam and i have a cover shield. cd display case hahahaha
but works!!

somebody can advice me , how i can fly with the FVP googles or screen, yestreday i tried , but i think the speed of the quad its too low, and the distance of the quad its too large, but when i saw the quad with out screen, the speed its too fast and the distance its very short......i want to install nova OSD to have some data of the height and the speed, thats help??

here are the pics, of the GUI and The Captain!!!
please help me....

Last edited by haroldriverac; Oct 09, 2012 at 09:29 AM. Reason: need answer
Oct 08, 2012, 11:47 AM
I'm not sure why people are putting position hold and height lock on at the same time. PH locks the position and height. For my setup, both on together this was a no no. If your having trouble guys, try turning off the HL or move it so it's not on when your using PH. This worked nicely for me.
Oct 08, 2012, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamron
I'm not sure why people are putting position hold and height lock on at the same time. PH locks the position and height.
Really? Where you get this information from?

Quick Reply