Old Dec 29, 2011, 08:09 PM
Find More Posts by angrymeat
Discussion

another newbie question about quadcopters :)

So I am going to take the plunge into the wonderful world of quadcopters
I have been reading a ton over the last few days and have noticed several people suggested the turnigy 9 ch tx/rx combo however those seem to be nearly impossible to find at this time. so my real question is what tx/rx would you guys suggest for a quad?

Before you ask what im going to use if for mostly just flying around possibly add in a camera for fun.

KEep in mind with 3 kids and this being new to me im on a budget and really would like to keep the tx/rx price under $100 im just not sure how many channels I really need.
I had been looking at
http://www.hobbypartz.com/79p-ct6b-r6b-radiosystem.html
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 29, 2011, 08:13 PM
Find More Posts by Killab
Youtube Johnbrum26
I belive that you will need something with expo on it.. But not real sure to be honest.
this is the same as the turnigy just different branding.
http://www.hobbypartz.com/79p-th9x-r...nel-radio.html

there is also an imax and eugene model as well. they are all the same.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 08:17 PM
Find More Posts by timecop
Suspended Account
If you want to get 9X for $39.99 HK price, just order it. By itself. Or maybe with LCD backlight kit. And just wait. They usually fill backorders in a week or so. You will never be able to get one when its "in stock" as they always send out backorders.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 08:19 PM
Find More Posts by Killab
Youtube Johnbrum26
very true
Old Dec 29, 2011, 08:23 PM
with it always being on back order I assumed it would be an endless wait
Old Dec 29, 2011, 09:01 PM
Find More Posts by Dave8888
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymeat View Post
So I am going to take the plunge into the wonderful world of quadcopters
I have been reading a ton over the last few days and have noticed several people suggested the turnigy 9 ch tx/rx combo however those seem to be nearly impossible to find at this time. so my real question is what tx/rx would you guys suggest for a quad?

Before you ask what im going to use if for mostly just flying around possibly add in a camera for fun.

KEep in mind with 3 kids and this being new to me im on a budget and really would like to keep the tx/rx price under $100 im just not sure how many channels I really need.
I had been looking at
http://www.hobbypartz.com/79p-ct6b-r6b-radiosystem.html
Keep in mind the radio you have linked here you have to hook up to your computer with a cable (included). So you can't change settings out in the field when you are flying.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 09:07 PM
Suspended Account
lol wut? what computer? what settings? I've never hooked up my 9X to a computer.
Oh crap, way to read.
I thought that url was for 9X
Old Dec 29, 2011, 09:22 PM
Understood there is rarely a time when I don't have a computer on or around me one of the side effects of working in IT Would the above linked tx work for a quad?
Old Dec 29, 2011, 09:48 PM
Find More Posts by Dave8888
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymeat View Post
Understood there is rarely a time when I don't have a computer on or around me one of the side effects of working in IT Would the above linked tx work for a quad?
I don't know I just knew about the computer part of it.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 10:15 PM
Suspended Account
You don't need anything special in a transmitter to use it for a quad. No mixing/weirdness required. If you can adjust endpoints for channels thats a bonus. otherwise, probably fine too.

Basically anything 4channel should work, the more the better (you can assign to other stuff)
Old Dec 29, 2011, 10:19 PM
Thank you I am picking up a bundle off of ebay that has everything except the tx/rx and lipo/charger of course its going to need misc wires and such.
same as this
http://www.goodluckbuy.com/x525-v3-q...lticopter.html
then down the road will will probably move up to an arduni with multiwii or something on it.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 10:51 PM
Find More Posts by Zombee
Suspended Account
Check out my build log, ill also be using a TGY9x but i have a Hitec Optic 6 sitting around. you should try have a look that one, programming seems easy if you cn undrstnd wrds wtht vwls bt t wll st yr nds fr fpv

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1564073