Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor
Thread Tools
Old Jan 14, 2013, 03:21 AM
Stuart A is offline
Find More Posts by Stuart A
You know nothing....
Stuart A's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hastf1b View Post
With the permission of Kurt I link to his post on hippocketaeronautics.
http://www.hippocketaeronautics.com/....html#msg98427

Heinz
Wow,talk about mixed emotions!All that work,flying just right.....
Something similar when I was a kid,the local club president first flight with a beautiful 12' glider.It was making graceful circuits;higher and higher.I guess the d/t malfunctioned.Never saw it again.
Stuart
How do you d/t a wing?
Last edited by Stuart A; Jan 14, 2013 at 03:35 AM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 17, 2013, 02:00 PM
dayhead is offline
Find More Posts by dayhead
SlingWinger
Many years ago I had a 1/2A (049) Orbiteer FF model that after it DT'd continued to go OOS.

After that I used a DT that instead of popping the stab up it dropped a weight on about 50 feet of thread. The thread was attached to the tail, so the plane came down tail first, but when the weight hit the ground the plane would whip stall and then try to start gliding, when the string drew tight it would just settle down flat.

On a Nurflugel the thread could be attached at some point along the wing, perhaps at the leading edge and CG junction.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 02:18 PM
Stuart A is offline
Find More Posts by Stuart A
You know nothing....
Stuart A's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dayhead View Post
Many years ago I had a 1/2A (049) Orbiteer FF model that after it DT'd continued to go OOS.

After that I used a DT that instead of popping the stab up it dropped a weight on about 50 feet of thread. The thread was attached to the tail, so the plane came down tail first, but when the weight hit the ground the plane would whip stall and then try to start gliding, when the string drew tight it would just settle down flat.

On a Nurflugel the thread could be attached at some point along the wing, perhaps at the leading edge and CG junction.
Nice idea!
Old Jan 17, 2013, 02:35 PM
Stuart A is offline
Find More Posts by Stuart A
You know nothing....
Stuart A's Avatar
http://www.ctie.monash.edu/hargrave/wings_home.html
This is a link that kcaldwell posted on mod.sci.,some good stuff in there.
Old Mar 09, 2013, 07:49 PM
rusty case is offline
Find More Posts by rusty case
KlonWarz
What a great thread!
Excellent older plans.
Thank you to all.
rc
Old Mar 10, 2013, 04:37 AM
Stuart A is offline
Find More Posts by Stuart A
You know nothing....
Stuart A's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty case View Post
What a great thread!
Excellent older plans.
Thank you to all.
rc
Putting the build threads aside,this is the best thread on here.Full of "wow I gotta build one of those"stuff.Good way to waste a few hours
Old Mar 10, 2013, 09:46 AM
rusty case is offline
Find More Posts by rusty case
KlonWarz
:-)
Yes, Stu... I spend hours upon hours!
Yet I could not do that if I felt it was a waste... lol
Actually, IMO, a properly structured pursuit would be the equivalent to a college education.
Perhaps better to make a comparison to doing graduate work...

I prefer the entertainment of the informal threads, anyway...
Many pearls within them!
:-)
Old Apr 21, 2013, 09:14 AM
nmasters is offline
Find More Posts by nmasters
internet gadfly
nmasters's Avatar
Koen Van de Kerckhove was given a collection of pictures of the Horten H-xa that he's put up on the Nest of Dragons sight. Not a model but looks just like Andrés work, not quite as neat as his actually.

--Norm
Old Apr 21, 2013, 12:50 PM
Stuart A is offline
Find More Posts by Stuart A
You know nothing....
Stuart A's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmasters View Post
Koen Van de Kerckhove was given a collection of pictures of the Horten H-xa that he's put up on the Nest of Dragons sight. Not a model but looks just like Andrés work, not quite as neat as his actually.

--Norm
Similarities definitely there!Nice sophisticated workplace,precision jigs......
I like the trailer,who needs two piece wings when you got one of those
Old Apr 22, 2013, 10:02 AM
nmasters is offline
Find More Posts by nmasters
internet gadfly
nmasters's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupot46 View Post
I like the trailer,who needs two piece wings when you got one of those
Must have been a thermal ship Obliviously there's not enough wind for ridge lift
Old May 19, 2013, 10:17 AM
RyanNX211 is offline
Find More Posts by RyanNX211
Thermals, Tom
RyanNX211's Avatar
Zaic Sailwing by Dick Thompson. He gave me yesterday the kit for a 100in version sold by Klarich Kits.

Interesting but simple wing construction.
Old May 19, 2013, 11:16 AM
birdofplay is offline
Find More Posts by birdofplay
Retired CAD guy
birdofplay's Avatar
Could not find that model on web or in Price list at Klarich but I did find
free plans at http://www.outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=1580

Searching for keyword flying wing found 34 plans: at the Outerzone
Old May 20, 2013, 11:24 PM
Robbie d is offline
Find More Posts by Robbie d
Crazy Cessna Owner
Robbie d's Avatar
I think it's just called the sailwing in their catalogue. It's 50, 70 and 100 inch versions.
or here
http://www.gliderworkshop.com/kit-sa...o-sailwing-50/



Quote:
Originally Posted by birdofplay View Post
Could not find that model on web or in Price list at Klarich but I did find
free plans at http://www.outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=1580

Searching for keyword flying wing found 34 plans: at the Outerzone
Last edited by Robbie d; May 20, 2013 at 11:45 PM. Reason: more info!
Old Jun 08, 2013, 09:27 PM
jonquinn is offline
Find More Posts by jonquinn
Registered User
This seller on ebay lists many plans from german magazines for model plans, including many nurflugël. I've purchased from him on several occasions (plans and model railroad magazines), and had no problems receiving the stuff from Germany.

http://stores.ebay.com/online-eisenb...=p4634.c0.m322


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Comparing Flying Wings for FPV Tracks FPV Talk 160 Nov 13, 2011 08:09 AM
Discussion Flying wings rpstar Atlanta Area RC 10 Nov 03, 2011 02:30 PM
Question Who has the best deal on Flying Wings? Doubledog Hot Online Deals 12 Oct 17, 2011 01:42 PM
Discussion new to flying wings.... keithy351 Flying Wings 18 Sep 30, 2011 08:30 PM
Flying wings, And twin flying wings-$25-35 ARF Gonflyin01 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 57 Oct 17, 2002 04:07 PM