Feb 05, 2012, 10:53 AM
Newb Rotary Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony823
I got my mqx last weekend and have flown it several times without incident. It handles very nicely for such a small craft. I wanted to do something different with the canopy and I decided to make a miniature clone of one of my big quads. The canopy for the mqx is a lid from a frozen Coke from Burger King painted on the inside with translucent sparkle paint. Looks like his big brother don't you think? The big guy is 660mm motor to motor with a 30 size heli landing gear, flies with a KK 5.5 blackboard and 2200mah 3 cell batteries, plenty of power for the lights and camera. I have been building quads and tricopters for about 2 years and I'm really impressed with the mqx. Now to find a micro camera for the little guy.

Tony
Looks good!
to remove ads between posts
Feb 05, 2012, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spudandretti
Finally found some time and a plastic jar that fits pretty good, so I installed the fpv gear, weighs 101 grams total. I can use it with my small lcd screen I have but still waiting for my usb/video cable to come so I can use my laptop and record.
Please post video when you can!
Feb 05, 2012, 11:07 AM
VTPR & Slope Aerobatics
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGuyJT
+1

I'm very interested in getting an FPV setup going for this as well, it seems that one tiny 5.8ghz vtx is the best call. It would be great to read about setups in detail, I'm a newb to both quads and FPV but have a rapidly developing passionate interest in both

Steve
Feb 05, 2012, 11:20 AM
What? Not a T-Rex!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytflyer
Was trying some low flips today. At the end of the video I was having fun on the kids slide on the playground lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWUcr...c1AUAAAAAAABAA
That settles it... I gotta buy this now that I've seen this video.
Feb 05, 2012, 11:43 AM
Newb Rotary Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by dolbydarma
That settles it... I gotta buy this now that I've seen this video.
lol you won't regret it. I didn't even think I liked quads until I got this thing. After about a day of flying it I started to get kinda bored but then I started to figure out more creative ways to have fun.

The slide trick is so much fun gonna take me awhile to get bored of that one!
Feb 05, 2012, 12:16 PM
Honey,just one more thing
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGuyJT
Bought the usb/video adapter from a place in china, seems to be a very slow boat. Did fly it around the house, I do 6 minutes of run time so I have enough batt left. First time I have ever did fpv in the house . Have to get use to close quarters and how far things are away, was in the hobby room flew it out through the hallway and into the dining area to see what wifey was up to, backed it up into a cabinet when I was landing. Need a rear view mirror.
Feb 05, 2012, 12:18 PM
UMX 3S OG
Wow these litte buggers look tough!
Feb 05, 2012, 12:19 PM
mine went up in flames and gave my second degree burns, thanks horizon
Feb 05, 2012, 12:21 PM
Chad
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommeke12354
any pics of the damage?
Feb 05, 2012, 12:25 PM
FAA is Sofa King We Todd Did
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOne420
any pics of the damage?
tommk
Lipo get punctured? Sorry to hear you sustained injuries.
Feb 05, 2012, 12:34 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
wowsers

what happened?

Quote:
Feb 05, 2012, 12:43 PM
Rocket Programmer
Quote:
Wow, sorry to hear that... what happened to it? Was there any damage or was it defective?
Feb 05, 2012, 12:48 PM
FLY IY, BREAK IT, FIX IT,
pimped for some night flying

I now appear to have just over 1Km of 36 swg enameled copper wire spare............
Feb 05, 2012, 01:02 PM
Hi, thanks for the replies, I was loving it until one of the motors started to malfunction. So I wasn't able to fly anymore, as there aren't any spares yet(and horizon didn't want to send me one) I borowed a motor from a friend, but still malfunctioning (here I found it was a problem with the board. I took the canopy off and did some on ground test, and then out of nowhere WOOSH something on the board shorted out and then boom goes my lipo about an insh away from my hand. And now in for the worst, horizon doesn't want to send me a new one... And I think they (must) give me something to compensate the burns
Last edited by tommeke12354; Feb 05, 2012 at 01:24 PM.
Feb 05, 2012, 01:15 PM
Registered Addict
Quote:
Hi, thanks for the replies, I was loving it until one of the motors started to malfunction. So I wasn't able to fly anymore, as there aren't any spares yet(and horizon didn't want to send me one) I borowed a motor from a friend, but still malfunctioning (here I found it was a problem with the board. I took the canopy off and did some on ground test, and then out of nowhere WOOSH something on the board shorted out and then boom goes l my lipo about an inshallah away from my hand. And now in for the worst, horizon doesn't want to send me a new one... And I think they (must) give me something to compensate the burns
Sorry to hear this tommeke could you post a photo of the board and your injury ?

Quick Reply