Sep 17, 2012, 02:06 PM
DX6i settings that i'm using:

Set my Ail/Ele/Rud max range to 125%

Ail/Ele combo'd for dual rates as
40% / 125% each (40% is around 50% really but i've got max range to 125%)
Rudder I have max all the time as I don't find it overly fast.

I use 40% for all of my flying except for flips where I switch to the full rates.

I tried using a heli setting to allow me to change the throttle curve, but I feel this is overkill. Though useful to set your minimum throttle to 25-30% for flips to ensure you don't bring the throttle off too much when upside down.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 17, 2012, 03:00 PM
Got the new endless evolution canopy with lights in today. It looks like it's going to be awesome! I will document it and get pics up soon.
Sep 17, 2012, 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColSonders
I'd you're looking at a landing gear mod you may want to consider the zip tie mod.
I've used zip ties before on foamies. Hadn't thought about it for the mQX.

I had a look at the gearbox again today. I just don't see a simple solution to encasing the gearbox in vac formed plastic. It would take a 2 piece system (clamshell) with some intricate cuts to make it fit. That's way too complex!

Simpler is better after all. I'll try the zip ties for some extra prop clearance and keep it right side up and out of the snow.
Sep 17, 2012, 09:17 PM

mQx model now available on Phoenix

All.. just saw that the mQX is now available for download on Phoenix Flight sim
Sep 17, 2012, 11:44 PM
Jake From Planet Mascoutah, IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_Marconnet
Thanks, jlcamp7. Someone later told me that I needed to crank up all the throws to 125%. That it would not flip at only 100%.
When I first got mine RTF model, stock radio I accidentally flipped and rolled her with out even thinking.
Sep 18, 2012, 02:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdwire
All.. just saw that the mQX is now available for download on Phoenix Flight sim
I've already had a play with this and would be interested in what other people think of it.

I thought the graphics are spot on but the throttle/power seems to be through the roof compared to my MQX.

It also seems to break very easily on the sim.
Sep 18, 2012, 06:19 AM

Hi from Italy!

Blade mQX - The first fly outdoor...more Blade 130X (8 min 30 sec)
Sep 18, 2012, 09:56 AM
Great video. Nice flying! As I always say as long as you don't crash it's a great flight. I have to admit though I was having a little trouble focusing on the mqx and 130x because the scenery is so beautiful there! Also I noticed it looks like you were flying the mqx in + configuration. Nice to see it set up different than the usual.
Sep 18, 2012, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcamp7
Great video. Nice flying! As I always say as long as you don't crash it's a great flight. I have to admit though I was having a little trouble focusing on the mqx and 130x because the scenery is so beautiful there! .
+1 Looks amazing!
Sep 18, 2012, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Great video. Nice flying! As I always say as long as you don't crash it's a great flight. I have to admit though I was having a little trouble focusing on the mqx and 130x because the scenery is so beautiful there! Also I noticed it looks like you were flying the mqx in + configuration. Nice to see it set up different than the usual.
Yeah it looks a great place to get into FPV!
Sep 18, 2012, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Thanks a lot!
Sep 18, 2012, 08:15 PM
Jake From Planet Mascoutah, IL
Short flight in my living room, this time with the A/C off.....

MQX CC (1 min 28 sec)
Sep 18, 2012, 10:21 PM
Nice canopy :-)
Sep 19, 2012, 02:07 AM
We should have a little competition as to who can find or mold the nicest cheepest canopy..or even the best decor for the soda bottle type...

show us your canopies....

as usuall its been done Ive been searching and there are loads of good ones... search google images or paper canopies..
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1589171
Last edited by davereap; Sep 20, 2012 at 01:07 AM.
Sep 19, 2012, 05:02 AM
I ended up just buying a cheapy V929 canopy, my son likes it and it's cheap and lightweight.

Quick Reply