Apr 12, 2012, 02:59 PM
Well, I have both the mcpx and Genius CP and the Genius is really a good heli. But I find the Lady Bird just a bit too small. But probably fun to fly..

Still waiting for my MQX to get in stock
to remove ads between posts
Apr 12, 2012, 03:26 PM
Yep I got another one.
The MQX is the easiest thing to fly other than an MCX. If you can fly an SR120 nose in then you more than ready for the MQX.
Apr 12, 2012, 04:40 PM
Sopwith Camel's Cousin
Quote:
Originally Posted by docinfrance
Finally there is a solution to the Mqx motors burning out.

http://www.ehirobo.com/shop/product_...ducts_id=11720
There is a thread in this forum on this Walkera Lady Bird.
One shortcoming from my standpoint is that the thread mentions that at least one person (who can easily flip an mQx) could not get this Walkera quad to flip/loop etc.

LATER (possible correction):
Here is the thread:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&page=1&pp=100
Post #61 mentions being unable to flip it.
Later posts (perhaps on a later version of the quad) mention being able to flip it.
Last edited by flying-llama; Apr 12, 2012 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Later posts mention being able to flip (a newer version?)
Apr 12, 2012, 04:46 PM
Sopwith Camel's Cousin
Quote:
Originally Posted by a67ems
turboparker - you mentioned an "undocumented" method of activating preprogammed expo on the RTF tx. Would you elaborate further on this?
The manual for the Blade UM Hyper Taxi (and may be also UM BeeGee) contains directions on activating expo on a Dx4e and Dx5e:
http://www.horizonhobby.com/pdf/EFLU4780-Manual-EN.pdf

The manual does not mention expo activation for the small DSM2 Tx (like with the RTF Vapor) and I do not know of any that exists.
Apr 12, 2012, 05:16 PM
Pastor of Muppets \m/
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohillbilly
The MQX is the easiest thing to fly other than an MCX. If you can fly an SR120 nose in then you more than ready for the MQX.
I think that depends on how you fly it. Hovering tail in it is the easiest other than a coax. Actually flying it around I found the mSR easier for me to fly. Not more fun mind you but easier, IMO.
Apr 12, 2012, 05:42 PM
The quad is only $79, but the transmitter is another $50. It is smaller than the MQX. The revamped UFO 5 is a ton of money because it has the Devo AND a camera all in the $269 price. However, maybe the UFO motors would work.
Apr 12, 2012, 06:56 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by matefrio
We have no idea how much the replacements are on that copter or how often the burn out. Also how much do the Tx cost?

Nice little bird but too many unknowns.
That thing most definitely uses Ufo 8 motors which are good for 80-100 flights.

I have a few Ufo 8 and everything from the dimensions of the motor to the colour of the motor entry wires and shaft length/diameter matches these.

Walkera lied to me when I asked if it used the Ufo 8 motors but that's typical of the lying scrotes.
Apr 12, 2012, 07:21 PM
STOP DUMBING DOWN MY SKY
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgoelz
Shirley, you jest!

I wouldn't pay a nickle for ANYTHING Walkera produced. I know some like their products, but I've been bitten before, won't do it again. It does, however, show that the quad market is heating up.

Paul
Don't call me Shirley (only my wife is allowedto do that on our special "swap nights").

No I've had nothing but good experiences with my 9 Walkera birds, and would probably consider the ladybird as a fun addition if it didn't mean that damned devo system.
Walkera expecting me to buy another TX (the BNF ladybird is devo only) when I've already got 3x4ch 1x6ch and 1x8ch walkera TX's, and a bunch of 2.4g RX's in other models already makes me want to spit feathers.

Minimum requirement for my level would be a Devo-8 to allow use with models that may possibly come up in the future, and that's a hell of an investment to make just for the ladybird (for now.

I'd probably go for the RTF with the 4ch devo if I didn't already have 3x4ch TX's I don't use and have any forward plans that involve 1 good TX (and my WK-28 pro is good for me).

I already decided to sell most of my walkera gear in favour of DSM2 for greater choice and flexibility.
Apr 12, 2012, 08:36 PM
The Crash King
Wow, the MQX is finally in stock at Hobby-Lobby!
Apr 12, 2012, 11:16 PM
The mQX BNF is out of stock at most of the online suppliers. However I DID find two suppliers that have the BNF in stock. Newegg has it for $139.99, no tax and free shipping. Amazon, that has the mQX BNF in stock for $193.16. WOW!

With the current demand much higher than available stock, is there some price gouging going on here? When our favorite suppliers DO get stock will they be raising their price also?

I don't really want to buy the mQX from Newegg even though they have a great price because I would be concerned about support. They are a general purpose store just handling the sale. The mQX is actually shipped from another company. Is this really something I should be concerned about?

I'd prefer to wait until my favorite online supplier gets stock because I know they have excellent service. But should I spring for Newegg and get one right now and not worry about the service? Or should I wait until my favorite supplier has them in stock and take the risk that they might raise the price? (I'm not really in any hurry to get one)

Sorry about the wordy post, guess I'm getting tired.
Gus
Apr 12, 2012, 11:21 PM
The Crash King
I would just go on Newegg and get one. Lol
Apr 13, 2012, 12:26 AM
The seller on newegg.com is listed as PowerHobby.
I bought my mSR X on eBay from a seller named power_hobby.
Could be the same one. I had NO problems. Shipped to my house in 3 days.

power_hobby on ebay has a the mQX in BNF and RTF form now. No price fixing.

I bought mine from gonitrohobbies on eBay because he also had the DX6i and he gave me a slight discount for buying both and batteries at the same time.

The BNF version.

No price fixing.
Apr 13, 2012, 01:19 AM
Hi, Victor
I come here to learn something,haha
Apr 13, 2012, 11:55 AM
Always, against the wind
Quote:
Originally Posted by fotoflyer
The mQX BNF is out of stock at most of the online suppliers. However I DID find two suppliers that have the BNF in stock. Newegg has it for $139.99, no tax and free shipping. Amazon, that has the mQX BNF in stock for $193.16. WOW!

With the current demand much higher than available stock, is there some price gouging going on here? When our favorite suppliers DO get stock will they be raising their price also?

I don't really want to buy the mQX from Newegg even though they have a great price because I would be concerned about support. They are a general purpose store just handling the sale. The mQX is actually shipped from another company. Is this really something I should be concerned about?

I'd prefer to wait until my favorite online supplier gets stock because I know they have excellent service. But should I spring for Newegg and get one right now and not worry about the service? Or should I wait until my favorite supplier has them in stock and take the risk that they might raise the price? (I'm not really in any hurry to get one)

Sorry about the wordy post, guess I'm getting tired.
Gus
I would wait to buy from a trusted supplier!!
Apr 13, 2012, 12:08 PM
Pastor of Muppets \m/
Buy from newegg and get support from HH. Newegg is awesome, btw.

Quick Reply