Feb 15, 2012, 02:26 PM
Crazy Canuck
We're trying the new camera that's FPV capable and wireless. We need to figure out power system 2s for the camera and 1s for the mQX mmmmm any ideas
to remove ads between posts
Feb 15, 2012, 02:30 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Mine did it right after first charge

stock lipo doesn't do this at all on mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetis
I have noticed that too after 15 charges for a 10 minute flight. Does not happen when flying with the stock battery after 17 charges on a 10 minute flight! I fly with both daily (20 minutes). I want to see what others will say.
Feb 15, 2012, 02:34 PM
What about that little thingy that HK has that will boost the power up from 4.2 to 5 to operate servos etc. I'll see if I can find it if you like.

Gord.
Last edited by flypaper 2; Feb 15, 2012 at 03:39 PM.
Feb 15, 2012, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29
So I just tried my new hyperion 550's, they seem to have a lot more power

BUT

has anyone else noticed that if you quickly punch the throttle, the esc shuts down?

or at least mine does

too high a C rating?
Probably. Horizon is not recommending high C rated cells in their GeeBee for this reason.

Rob
Last edited by Rob_G; Feb 15, 2012 at 02:59 PM.
Feb 15, 2012, 03:03 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
didn't know that

hmm

interesting indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_G
Probably. Horizon is not recommending high C rated cells in their GeeBee for this reason.

Rob
Feb 15, 2012, 03:18 PM
ferndale air force
Thetis, that sounds like the esc is timed too low for the batteries output. I have done that to any number of planes, I now just reprogram all my ESCs to hard timing.

I have have a question for you guys. I fly an mSR occasionally, an mCPX often and am working with a Exi 450, as well as profile planes. How does this bird fly outside in the wind? The mCPX handles wind easily, does the mQX? I have been fascinated by multi-rotors and this seems like an easy yes.
Feb 15, 2012, 03:20 PM
The king of mediocre flyin'!

Stop me!

Everything I look at is a potential "lid" for me MQX!

b
Feb 15, 2012, 03:21 PM
Yep I got another one.
I'm sure its has been answered before in this thread but after pages of looking I have to ask. I have flown my MQX in both X and + and X just seems a little bit more stable but I did't see any improvement in flips or rolls so whats the point of + VS X?

Mo.
Feb 15, 2012, 03:22 PM
Yep I got another one.
I like the "Puck" Look Riky!

I have also looked into using various R/C car lids.
Feb 15, 2012, 03:26 PM
The king of mediocre flyin'!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohillbilly
I like the "Puck" Look Riky!

I have also looked into using various R/C car lids.
+1

Da' Puck!

b
Feb 15, 2012, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohillbilly
I'm sure its has been answered before in this thread but after pages of looking I have to ask. I have flown my MQX in both X and + and X just seems a little bit more stable but I did't see any improvement in flips or rolls so whats the point of + VS X?

Mo.
I am of the understanding that those who wish to carry a camera appreciate the unobstructed forward view with the X configuration.

John
Feb 15, 2012, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapteinkuk
Yes, I did that as a kid, and have never done it again

Getting a bit on-topic: Does the MQX fly better than the Walkera UFO#5?
I have both and the MQX flies much better than the #5 in all respects.
Feb 15, 2012, 03:35 PM
Yo Fern !

There is no timing to adjust on the mQX, and these are brushed fixed commutator motors.
Feb 15, 2012, 03:46 PM
ferndale air force
There is a group of mosFETs that act as an electronic speed control. If you hit them with too much power all at once they may be dropping out. I bet this is what is happening I do not know why they refer to this as timing, but they do. Usually marked out as soft, medium(normal), and hard(high). Since this is an AS3X brick style RX set up the timing is not adjustable.

About the flying in the wind, how does it handle?

Thanks
Feb 15, 2012, 03:46 PM
Ferndale: I have both the MCPX and the MQX, and I believe the MQX is a bit more stable in the wind plus will handle higher wind speed. Was doing loops and snaprolls with it the other day in probably a 15 MPH wind with no problems.

Gord.

Quick Reply