Dec 28, 2012, 11:49 AM
3DHOG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxthrottle
Ya. The worst case is if the nose jams on a door during transition even momentarily. The door servo is then over loaded along with the sequencer and the retract spike current can jump to 3+ amps on its own while the free retracts still cycle.

That's where its important to remember the sequencers are really just timers. They don't wait with logic to confirm a step is actually done. So don't flick the gear and then change your mind reversing the sequence because the gear will retract against the door and potentially brown you out your RX.

Pete as for fill: try getting a chunk of foam grind it up, blender, sander what ever, and mix it with light polyfill and WBPU. Its lighter but the WBPU hardens the polyfill structure. If you need structurally harder change the WBPU to epoxy wash.
Max
fill me in on epoxy wash?...........is that a product?.....technique?......what is it
to remove ads between posts
Dec 28, 2012, 12:29 PM
Where did that tree come from?
I used the guts of my Su-35, fans, motors, esc's, in a 1500mm wingspan A320 jet liner which is supposed to be for a 4S 70mm system. It's pretty fast, like a 6S jumbo jet on steroids.
A320 jetliner fast flyby (1 min 8 sec)

I plan on getting another SU-35 though.
Dec 28, 2012, 12:35 PM
You are a "go" for reentry
Quote:
Originally Posted by urrl
I used the guts of my Su-35, fans, motors, esc's, in a 1500mm wingspan A320 jet liner which is supposed to be for a 4S 70mm system. It's pretty fast, like a 6S jumbo jet on steroids.
http://youtu.be/YHndDuwGuoU
Love the musical choice
Dec 28, 2012, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by urrl
http://youtu.be/YHndDuwGuoU
LOL...nice. Was that a habu streaking by...hahaha
Dec 28, 2012, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdfrd
Max
fill me in on epoxy wash?...........is that a product?.....technique?......what is it
Isopropyl Alcohol mixed into epoxy. I believe we've had this conversation that its not as strong. Its not intended to be. The foam on its own maintains the structural integrity, as does balsa skin etc. So a thin coat or wash of epoxy to help bind the composite of foam bits, micro balloons, milled glass fiber, polyfilla what ever combination he chooses....

I find you want it more flexible for foam parts like the wing where it flexes that can start to separate the patch from its surroundings like the repair he's doing, which happens to be in the middle of the flex. I'd even add less hardener to allow the epoxy to be more flexible but still thinned to add minimal weight.
Dec 28, 2012, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonH
LOL...nice. Was that a habu streaking by...hahaha
He needs to recertify that A320 for supersonic flight status But hey don't stop there; have you tried getting a Camel to go near supersonic
Dec 28, 2012, 01:21 PM
3DHOG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxthrottle
Isopropyl Alcohol mixed into epoxy. I believe we've had this conversation that its not as strong. Its not intended to be. The foam on its own maintains the structural integrity, as does balsa skin etc. So a thin coat or wash of epoxy to help bind the composite of foam bits, micro balloons, milled glass fiber, polyfilla what ever combination he chooses....

I find you want it more flexible for foam parts like the wing where it flexes that can start to separate the patch from its surroundings like the repair he's doing, which happens to be in the middle of the flex. I'd even add less hardener to allow the epoxy to be more flexible but still thinned to add minimal weight.
ok thanks....that is what I was thinking it was......so are you covering the entire model before painting or just the repair job?
Dec 28, 2012, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdfrd
ok thanks....that is what I was thinking it was......so are you covering the entire model before painting or just the repair job?
I don't crash It's not me Pete's do a repair that's becoming a bit of a lead slead and he debated polyfilla. I like many use polyfil but with foam, and for large chunky bulky patches I start doing as I described. Its both light and strong.

I did do the Euro's belly with 1mm glass cloth and epoxy wash and that still came out heavier than I'd like.
Dec 28, 2012, 04:27 PM
Hi all, starting on my new SU35 kit, fun fun fun!! i bought my own motors and they are reversed, what one goes where? does it matter? I would think blades turning to the center of the body???
Dec 28, 2012, 04:40 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
Have blades turn to center of body. Which ever motor is turning opposite just flip flop 2 of the motor wires on it and it will spin in the other direction.
Latest blog entry: Freewing Me262
Dec 28, 2012, 06:22 PM
Well V8..... doesn't the motor turn to center either way! Its top turns to center or the bottom turns to center but either way it turns to center.

Because the cheats sit low on the duct rather than centered, the starboard fan should turn ccw facing the fan. The port should turn cw?

I never used the counter rotating fans and I know turn to center can be mis-interpreted, so is the way I stated it above correct? The cheat could start a slight CW swirl on the starboard side, CCW on the port, being slightly offset and you'd want the advancing fan to slice into that on coming air rather than follow it?
Or did it matter? I actually don't recall?
Dec 28, 2012, 06:46 PM
Lol! Ya i guess they both do. You are correct the starboard side should spin ccw and port side spin cw. Like i said before, you wouldn't think it would make a difference however my static thrust test showed otherwise. If someone is running it opposite let us know what your thrust #s are. I believe back in the early days of the thread i posted the difference in thrust wanna say it was like 400g+.
Latest blog entry: Freewing Me262
Dec 28, 2012, 07:18 PM
Now for you non swabbies, port is left (when facing the front of the ship).
Dec 28, 2012, 07:57 PM
Yup you got it JT

As if you are sitting in the vessel driver seat (Aircraft or boat)

Starboard - Right

Port - Left

Bow - Front

Aft/Stern- Behind/Rear

I've got a boat so most dont know the terms.
Last edited by v8truckin; Dec 29, 2012 at 04:05 PM.
Dec 29, 2012, 12:12 PM
Ok made some progress last night. now for the lights, what is the best way to put the nav lights in the wings? I assume i want to run them to the wing tips but i have to extend the wire and i guess cut a groove like the servo wires?

I got some HS82MG for the elevators, and i had some HS65MG i think i will use for the ailerons (they seem to fit nice), sound OK

Quick Reply