Freewing Su-35 (Vendor-independent; please read 1st post and stay on-topic) - Page 1585 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Jul 27, 2016, 10:21 AM
Flying Hazard
SU-4ever's Avatar
Disclaimer: OT

EUROFIGHTER, Low Level Speed Flight! - HD 50fps (18 min 20 sec)
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jul 27, 2016, 03:44 PM
Flying Hazard
SU-4ever's Avatar
Question:

Do I need to upgrade my ESCs if I am getting HV LiPos?

Say, for instance, I want to use Revolectrix Blend 435 on the SU-35S with YEP 80 ESCs.

Will that be okay, or will the ESCs mishandle the extra tension?
Jul 27, 2016, 06:16 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by SU-4ever
Question:

Do I need to upgrade my ESCs if I am getting HV LiPos?

Say, for instance, I want to use Revolectrix Blend 435 on the SU-35S with YEP 80 ESCs.

Will that be okay, or will the ESCs mishandle the extra tension?
You will be fine with the yep or any other ESC, the higher voltage lipos are only a little bit higher. The real advantage is that under power the nominal voltage is higher, so yes it will pull a little more amps but nothing to go changing your esc's. the difference is like going from a 30c pack to a 60c pack, under power voltage is held higher thats all.

on a side note, love your videos, but man that music is really bad, I always have to watch your videos on mute...
Jul 27, 2016, 07:36 PM
Registered User

Nose leg lateral support


After investigating the nose leg I decided there is no way to give it better lateral support....
Because the steering arm is quite thick, and the bay doors are quite thick, there is just no room left to add anything substantial to support the leg laterally.
It could probably be done with a 2mm/2.5mm alloy plate, just below the steering arm, if the bay doors were made thinner. But then it would need to be done so that the brace does not hit that either (when the leg stores). So all in all it is not really viable to do anything of good use.

Just Longitudinal support via the brace will have to do.....
Jul 27, 2016, 09:21 PM
You are a "go" for reentry
Maxthrottle's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SU-4ever
Question:

Do I need to upgrade my ESCs if I am getting HV LiPos?

Say, for instance, I want to use Revolectrix Blend 435 on the SU-35S with YEP 80 ESCs.

Will that be okay, or will the ESCs mishandle the extra tension?
some of the Freewing 6S ESCs have given some problems saying they won't work with fully charged 435s. When they are charged at lower voltages 4.2 etc that has worked for them.

Yep is supposed to be a little more overspecd so you should be fine with them. I would go HV ESC if you can though.
Jul 28, 2016, 12:06 AM
'off topic'
SukhoiDan's Avatar
Hey Tube guess what i just pulled the trigger on the tundra im stoked!!! Cant wait it was on backorder but they apparently have fresh stock every 30 days, rc groups plane of the year here i come... thanks for the advice bud
Jul 28, 2016, 12:07 AM
'off topic'
SukhoiDan's Avatar
guess i better start on the tundra thread
Jul 28, 2016, 12:54 AM
Registered User
Plane of the Year???
Jul 28, 2016, 03:49 AM
'off topic'
SukhoiDan's Avatar
Terry Awards 2016 - RCGroups com (3 min 49 sec)
Jul 28, 2016, 05:27 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by SU-4ever
Question:

Do I need to upgrade my ESCs if I am getting HV LiPos?

Say, for instance, I want to use Revolectrix Blend 435 on the SU-35S with YEP 80 ESCs.

Will that be okay, or will the ESCs mishandle the extra tension?
You are still talking 6S right? If so, no ESC replacement should be needed.
Jul 28, 2016, 05:56 AM
Flying Hazard
SU-4ever's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by janmb
You are still talking 6S right? If so, no ESC replacement should be needed.
Yeah, that's correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxthrottle
some of the Freewing 6S ESCs have given some problems saying they won't work with fully charged 435s. When they are charged at lower voltages 4.2 etc that has worked for them.

Yep is supposed to be a little more overspecd so you should be fine with them. I would go HV ESC if you can though.
Thanks for the info Max/Jan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPE
You will be fine with the yep or any other ESC, the higher voltage lipos are only a little bit higher. The real advantage is that under power the nominal voltage is higher, so yes it will pull a little more amps but nothing to go changing your esc's. the difference is like going from a 30c pack to a 60c pack, under power voltage is held higher thats all.

on a side note, love your videos, but man that music is really bad, I always have to watch your videos on mute...
Thanks a lot for the answer.

As for the music...

You can like or dislike the music, that's perfectly fine.
But telling that the music is bad... well, that kind of marks you...

It's impossible to please everyone, I am well aware of that, I know that especially well as a 'youtuber'. That said, I receive tons of compliments for my musical choice, as well as tons of criticism.

Just to let this sink... I NEVER use bad music.
You are free to dislike it. I feel pity for your musical taste though

PS: My arguing above does not apply for things like reggaeton and s### like that. That cannot even be called music for f**** sake.

Cheers!
Jul 28, 2016, 02:36 PM
ITTD you're Clear for Takeoff!
IntheTubeDeep's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SukhoiDan
Hey Tube guess what i just pulled the trigger on the tundra im stoked!!! Cant wait it was on backorder but they apparently have fresh stock every 30 days, rc groups plane of the year here i come... thanks for the advice bud
Cool man!! You will be beyond stoked Dan- its such a great plane, seriously, I could fly it everyday and not lose interest! YOu gotta do my wheel float mod, just insane- check out the last 3 flights Also check out my Tundra on OpenTx/Taranis thread

Tundra Chased by Seagull! (7 min 56 sec)


Durafly Tundra Returns to ITTD Flying Rotation on the Beach (10 min 47 sec)


Durafly Tundra Returns to Flying Rotation on the Beach #2 (11 min 48 sec)
Jul 28, 2016, 02:41 PM
ITTD you're Clear for Takeoff!
IntheTubeDeep's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterVRC
Plane of the Year???
Yeah it was Plane of the Year on RCG
Jul 28, 2016, 07:09 PM
Flying Hazard
SU-4ever's Avatar
Today I flew my EF at a new flying place with Asphalt runway. There I plan to fly my new SU-35 when I finish building it

You'll see the vid, it was a total BLAST!
Jul 28, 2016, 10:00 PM
'off topic'
SukhoiDan's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SU-4ever
Today I flew my EF at a new flying place with Asphalt runway. There I plan to fly my new SU-35 when I finish building it

You'll see the vid, it was a total BLAST!
Thats awesome Jandro iv always wanted to do some bitumen sorties especially in the su35, the last time i tried though in a street i put my f35 into a tree and killed it lol


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion LX F-35 Vs Freewing F-35 Mmarshall Foamy EDFs 17 Jul 09, 2014 06:49 AM
Found SU-34 Freewing lw777pilot Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 1 Dec 15, 2013 01:25 PM
New Product Brand New SU-35! 70x2,TV and made by Freewing!Update:Worldwide Availability OneHundretMoons Foamy EDFs 593 Jan 09, 2012 09:02 PM
For Sale Freewing SU-34 stock battery - Brand New JGuilty13 Aircraft - Electric - Batteries & Chargers (FS/W) 0 Nov 29, 2011 02:01 PM
For Sale Freewing SU-34 stock battery JGuilty13 Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 0 Nov 29, 2011 10:29 AM