This thread is privately moderated by phil alvirez, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 23, 2011, 01:06 PM
Grumpa Tom
Wow! He is a superb modeler!
Dec 23, 2011, 03:19 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
They are fantastic! I have to ask, are any of them RC or are they all static? I would love for him to detail my warbird
Dec 23, 2011, 05:15 PM
Thread OP

and you should see the others

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmot
Wow! He is a superb modeler!
he also has a gallery of models of airplanes and military vehicles in his studio. most plastic and some resin, too. i may be able to talk him into opening a forum to show them.
Dec 23, 2011, 05:19 PM
Thread OP

static

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbauman
They are fantastic! I have to ask, are any of them RC or are they all static? I would love for him to detail my warbird
static. i wish i could talk him into flying models, but has a handful with his collection-and many more to build-so i doubt it. i just borrow his paints for my planes.
Dec 23, 2011, 05:22 PM
Bellanca Kruesair

Mustang kid.

Incredible.What attention to detail! every once in a while a craftsman appears ,and just blows me away.attaboy! Thanks for sharing.
Latest blog entry: Ban Birds.
Dec 24, 2011, 12:14 AM
Grumpa Tom
No offense intended, but he should use better lighting for his pictures to show off these excellent models.

As an example I treated one photo in my Photoshop editor.
Dec 24, 2011, 12:39 AM
Thread OP

no offense

no offense taken; on the contrary. thanks a lot for the advice. i can see the great improvement. now, if it's not too much, please feel free to enhance all of them your way. he is using a new camera and may not know how to do it.
thanks again.
Last edited by phil alvirez; Dec 24, 2011 at 12:46 AM.
Dec 24, 2011, 05:57 AM
Bellanca Kruesair

Mustang photos and such.

In an effort to get more realism in my model shots,I learned to hold the camera lens centerline at the height of a same-scale person:for a two inch scale model,c/l would be 12"....puts the observer "in" the photo.just sayin'.Now-if I could just learn to POST 'em.Later.
Latest blog entry: Ban Birds.
Dec 24, 2011, 08:23 AM
Thread OP

about realism...

ep: i understand your idea. here we were trying to show the plane at its best, that's why the perspective. but sure we'll try to learn how to get the light better, as suggested by kmot.
thanks for all your great comments, guys.
and we have so many pics of real mustangs... we may post some here too.
went to my son's and on his pc the yellow shade is very subtle. still, he is going to try kmot advice. let's see when/how it comes out.
Last edited by phil alvirez; Dec 24, 2011 at 03:51 PM.

Quick Reply