Jun 04, 2012, 02:12 PM

bonded sealing washers

I'm building the same model and noticed you used bonded sealing washers for the cowl. I would like to use something similar to this. Can you please tell me where i can get some of those and the size, thanks.

by the way great review.

DC
to remove ads between posts
Jun 04, 2012, 02:30 PM
Team Futaba
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcast01 View Post
I'm building the same model and noticed you used bonded sealing washers for the cowl. I would like to use something similar to this. Can you please tell me where i can get some of those and the size, thanks.

by the way great review.

DC
I believe I got them from http://www.mcmaster.com/ . I don't recall the exact size off the top of my head, but you can pick which size you want.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#bonded-sealing-washers/=hu1grt
Jun 05, 2012, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSpaced View Post
I believe I got them from http://www.mcmaster.com/ . I don't recall the exact size off the top of my head, but you can pick which size you want.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#bonded-sealing-washers/=hu1grt
Thanks

dc
Aug 23, 2012, 12:57 AM
Great review! I just wish I would have found it a couple days ago before I ordered the retracts. Now that I have looked at it a bit closer I see how I could have used the E-Flites that I already had. Oh well, I guess I'll use this one to work out my demons with air retracts.
Has anyone mounted a 20cc gasser on this one yet? I was going to go with a Zenoah G20, and went ahead and bought it with the ARF. Problem with it is I would end up cutting away a good bit of the cowl for the carb and muffler. After looking at the DLE 20 again, it looks like it will fit better. The only cutting will be for the stinger from the muffler and maybe a slot for the plug boot.
Jan 16, 2013, 05:33 PM
Has only one installed the DLE 20 on this plane yet?
Last edited by Spridal; Jan 16, 2013 at 05:38 PM.
Jan 16, 2013, 11:15 PM
I have the airplane all finished except the install of the dle20, been waiting for it to come in on backorder. I am traveling alot for work lately but hope to get her going soon.
Jan 19, 2013, 10:16 AM
I'm a little confused as to why you couldn't use oleo struts? I just built mine with robart retracts and struts and they dropped right with no mods.
Jan 19, 2013, 10:19 AM
Team Futaba
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgetorker View Post
I'm a little confused as to why you couldn't use oleo struts? I just built mine with robart retracts and struts and they dropped right with no mods.
The ones I had at the time looked like this, and wouldn't fit in the stock wheel wells and cut outs.

Jan 19, 2013, 10:28 AM
[QUOTE=CSpaced;23861190]The ones I had at the time looked like this, and wouldn't fit in the stock wheel wells and cut outs.

Maybe you should STRAIGHT RoboStruts then. Full scale Corsairs have straight struts/ no offset.
Jan 19, 2013, 10:41 AM
Team Futaba
Thread OP
[QUOTE=CorsairJock;23861256]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSpaced View Post
The ones I had at the time looked like this, and wouldn't fit in the stock wheel wells and cut outs.

Maybe you should STRAIGHT RoboStruts then. Full scale Corsairs have straight struts/ no offset.
Let me clarify.

The photo was to illustrate the scissor link location, which is the part that wouldn't fit in the corsair wing. I don't have a photo of the exact retracts that I already had at the time, but they were indeed straight.
Jan 20, 2013, 01:22 AM
Gotcha, the straight robostruts have the scissor link right down by the wheel.
Jan 29, 2013, 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgetorker View Post
I think it may depend on who was doing the wheel well insert and sheeting on the wing when it comes to them fitting. The pinch point between the retract and wheel well was just a bit small on my first one I had. I would have had to trim the sheeting at least, and maybe even remove some of the plastic well piece for the strut to fit. I haven't looked that close at the second arf I have yet, but hope there is a bit more wiggle room on this one.
Jan 29, 2013, 07:17 PM
So how have the eflites worked out in this plane? Do you have enough flights on it to have wrung those retracts out yet?
Edwin
Jan 30, 2013, 12:45 AM
"Fly Low, Fly Fast, Turn Left"
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwin1 View Post
So how have the eflites worked out in this plane? Do you have enough flights on it to have wrung those retracts out yet?
Edwin
I am curious to hear how the E-Flite's are working out on this bird also...
Latest blog entry: Miss Foxy Lady eBuild
Jan 30, 2013, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwin1 View Post
Edwin
If that was for me, I didn't use the E-Flites in mine. The mounting screws line up with the edge of the stock rails so I couldn't see any way I trusted to beef them up and not just have the retracts pull out on a hard landing.
I went with the Robarts the first time and unless E-Flite comes out with some 60-120 100 degree rotators soon I'll use them in the second as well.

Quick Reply