Jan 10, 2019, 09:38 PM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
Lol good for you Yar !
Chad just got home will post some pics in the AM .

Back on the thread is it only me or does it amaze everyone that such a great ARF ( this corsair ) was discontinued ? Just like the 1/6 P40 ??
I guess its our fault as RC modelers for not support the models and I feel bad about it .
I remember when they came out I kept thinking oh I will get one soon and never did , shame on me !
to remove ads between posts
Jan 11, 2019, 10:22 AM
Lee / RC Enthusiast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Veich
Have you considered stashing the DLE for some other project and going with a good old fashioned glow engine?
I want this to be a gas flying aircraft. I've never used a gas engine before (glow, yes) so I wanted to give it a try. I'm not intimidated to use one, just frustrated that this installation is going to require WAY more mods to get it to fit right. The prop sitting 2" in front of the cowl is not an option.

The wing, and tail surfaces are completed. Need to sit in front of the plane for a while and find a way to mount the DLE20 without feeling like I've compromised the structural integrity of the beast. I also want it to look like I didn't slap it together at the last minute.
Latest blog entry: For your viewing pleasure
Jan 11, 2019, 03:18 PM
Yar

It may be worth considering a different engine. The rear induction is nice but their are several 15cc options with carbs up front. They will fit in about the same space as a glow .6 or 90 2 cycle. Even with the smaller displacement power should not be an issue for this plane. To me it would make sense to at least look at the Horizon or similar 15cc gas engines before cutting.

Keep us posted,

Carl
Jan 11, 2019, 03:48 PM
I run the evo 15gx in mine. I'm satisfied. Unless you want Reno air race kinda speed. I know of a guy that put a dle30 in his. But he likes screemin strafing runs over the runway and keep up with the big dogs in a gaggle.
Edwin
Jan 18, 2019, 02:50 AM
Slow progress here, got the wings mostly done, just the lens covers and servos install left to do.
White landing gear LED will be on a switch to engage only when gear is down.
Jan 18, 2019, 11:04 AM
Custom User Name Title
Wow, that looks nice!

Mine's sitting in the box in raw stick form, and I'm excited for when I'll get the time to start it!
Mar 02, 2019, 03:09 PM
Finally finished my corsair also did the maiden flight today, everything went well did three flights.
CG was at the recommended 105mm a stable flyer, just need to find the sweet spot for landing speed as all landings were full flaps and pretty hot, noticed i did not need any elevator mixing when flaps were deployed. P.H. FS91AR pulls it araund pretty well, happy about it, since i was not sure if it will have enough power. Got the decals from Callie as the ones supplied with the kit sucks and were peeling of than i clear coated it with mat lacquer.

Top Flite F4U Corsair 60 maiden + second flight (7 min 2 sec)
Mar 02, 2019, 06:23 PM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
Nice , looks great !
Nice field as well and good flying !
Mar 03, 2019, 05:28 AM
Thanks LDM, yeah the field is nice now that its winter time and grass is low, so if you overshoot it`s not a problem, we do share the field with ultralight aircraft.
Mar 04, 2019, 11:45 AM
Custom User Name Title
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark-357
Finally finished my corsair also did the maiden flight today, everything went well did three flights.
CG was at the recommended 105mm a stable flyer, just need to find the sweet spot for landing speed as all landings were full flaps and pretty hot, noticed i did not need any elevator mixing when flaps were deployed. P.H. FS91AR pulls it araund pretty well, happy about it, since i was not sure if it will have enough power. Got the decals from Callie as the ones supplied with the kit sucks and were peeling of than i clear coated it with mat lacquer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2d71...ature=youtu.be
That's a really nice, clean install. I'm guessing the 1 & 2 MPX connectors are for the wings - they carry flap, ail, and lights?
Mar 05, 2019, 02:20 AM
Thanks , yes the MPX connectors are for the wings, 1 is for ailerons/ flaps, no2 for landing gear and LED switch.

Quick Reply