Damn, those things are huge!
Look like 30C Eddie.

J
to remove ads between posts
Mar 03, 2012, 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon5
Got the batteries in the mail today. Zippy 8000
You could power a small town with those.

Just watch you house electric meter socket spin warp 10 when you charge them suckers.
Remember how slow the pumps $ meters used to spin at the gas station!
Mar 03, 2012, 09:26 PM
Yeah, the bottom batt has a connector on it!
Mar 03, 2012, 09:43 PM
Capt. Z
Thread OP
Yep Eddie they are 30C. I am shopping around for some powerfull chargers that can charge them at at least (1C) 8 amps

Stu is putting the finnal touches on the fans and bench testing them as I write this and he said he would have them in the mail next week.

I didn't do much on the plane today but I did put a few hooo haa's on the vertical stab.

My girfriend stopped by Brent and Bobby's house today and picked up the wing and horizontal stab cores Brent hot wired so I will start working on those next week. Nice work partner
Mar 04, 2012, 01:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie P
...To me size is not concerning but the kinetic energy of an impact is weight and speed dependent (speed being the biggest factor).

True, something can be half the size of a 70mm plane and weigh 44 pounds and do more damage than a plane that weights half weight but twice the mass.
Mar 05, 2012, 03:56 AM
Capt. Z
Thread OP
I was working on the plane and needed it on it's side for something and walked by and thought hey it looks kinda cool from that angle, So I put up a couple pics, top and bottom.

I mounted and blended the exaust cans, and should have the vertical stab mounted in a few day's. I finnaly finnished up all the riveting on the fuselage and vertical stab. Turned out pretty good.
Mar 05, 2012, 07:21 AM
BlackLivesMatter.
Holy cow Batman!
Mar 05, 2012, 07:55 AM
building building building!
She sure is curvy! Looks great falcon5.
Mar 05, 2012, 08:28 AM
Hey Guys, Watch This.......
incredible.
Mike.
Mar 05, 2012, 11:16 AM
Falcon5, wonderful build. I really enjoy watching your progress.

Ed
Mar 05, 2012, 02:11 PM
Lee Liddle
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2663
incredible.
Mike.

+1 here
Mar 05, 2012, 07:07 PM
Very nice. Looks awesome there Bro!!!
Mar 05, 2012, 11:25 PM
Brooklynite In Texas

T-38 memories

Hello!

I worked on the 38's for years at Williams A.F.B. Arizona and fell in love with it.

One of the video's in this thread mentioned engine changes in twenty minutes, well we at Williams must hold some kind of record because I had a compressor stall while testing a set of engines in a t38 at 11:15 in the evening by 12:00 I taxied that bird back to it's flight with a new engine. our shift ended at midnight. total engine change time, 5 minutes. Us G.I.'s don't do overtime if we can avoid it.

that engine change was a thing of beauty I had ground crew on my bird before I hit the brakes in the hanger. Love the T38.

And yes it has afterburners that light off very smoothly. and are throttle able.
Mar 06, 2012, 02:23 AM
I finally got around to using the styrospray, wow, that stuff goes a long way!
majority of the first batch (2 tiny epoxy mixing cups) was left over!
I put a light first coat on the stabs on my epo jug. Looks good so far, I'll have to sand a few fat spots b/f i apply the second coat.
I used a foam brush, what did you use?
did you thin it? my stuff is really 'goopy' kinda like really cold latex.
The 38 is looking great!
Mar 06, 2012, 10:45 AM
Official Boat Bum
That's amazing, an engine change that fast, did you have 50 people on staff helping??

F2G1 you mention the Styrospray was goopy - did you mix up the goopy part B (or one of the parts) really, really well? When I bought my quart kit I was able to chat with a tech guy for a bit and he said it needs to be pre mixed as it separates in the can... that's before combining part A and B and then final mixing. I'll be finally joining you guys in using this stuff this week, looking fwd to it.

Quick Reply