Apr 11, 2012, 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by andione1983
gain in the Microbeast.. you mean the Pot (adjustment screw 3)?
No, it's in Parameter setup D (pg 68 in Beast manual). Default is medium, I now have it at low.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 11, 2012, 08:39 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo.
No, it's in Parameter setup D (pg 68 in Beast manual). Default is medium, I now have it at low.
When you get a chance can you go through your options with me.. just so i can compare

Setup Menus
3DPRO1 - Working Fine 3D PRO2 - not good
B - 50HZ B - 50HZ
C - 1520us C - 1520us
D - 333HZ D - 50HZ
H - 120DEG H - 125DEG

B - HZ Swash Servo Freq
C - us Centre Position Pulse
D - HZ Tail Servo Freq
H - in degrees Swash mixer

Parameters

3DPRO1 (good) 3DPRO2 (not good)
C - High Medium
D - Med Low
E - 2 2
F - OFF OFF
G - OFF OFF
H - OFF OFF
Apr 11, 2012, 09:27 AM
Quote:
When you get a chance can you go through your options with me.. just so i can compare

Setup Menus
3DPRO1 - Working Fine 3D PRO2 - not good
B - 50HZ B - 50HZ
C - 1520us C - 1520us
D - 333HZ D - 50HZ
H - 120DEG H - 125DEG

B - HZ Swash Servo Freq
D - HZ Tail Servo Freq

Parameters

3DPRO1 (good) 3DPRO2 (not good)
C - High Medium
D - Med Low
E - 2 2
F - OFF OFF
G - OFF OFF
H - OFF OFF
Wow, this is really useful. I was wondering if I can run the tail servo at 333Hz (as that's supposed to improve tail behaviour significantly), but you're saying you've been running it like that for a while now, right?

I'll check the other settings when I get home, but it's pretty similar. I think the Setup is the same (apart from the tail freq, I have only 50Hz), and the Params are like this:
C - Med (was wondering if i should change this to High)
D - Low
E - 2
F - OFF
G - OFF
H - OFF

Have you looked into programming the ESC? I found the very soft start to be useful but have no clue about the motor's PWM or timing (dropped several notes to rc711 but they haven't replied yet).
Apr 11, 2012, 02:42 PM
Hi Andy!
Did a bit of flying this evening, flew 5 packs - it was great

I tried the 333Hz tail servo freq and I have to say, it's a big difference! You should definitely apply it to your second bird! I could even up my HH gain a bit and it's still pretty steady.
Now I only have some slight wobble around the main shaft, mostly elevator - I'll need to figure out what can cause that. Unfortunately, I left my toolbox at home, so couldn't adjust the dials, I suspect Dial1 might help.
Also, the autorotation gear seems to be slightly off center when i spin the main shaft, not sure if that's normal or can cause issues.
Anyway, had a blast flying, did some fast forward flying and some circles - at one time I almost did a roll and turned it on its back! Had my heart racing for a while after that

Now all i need to do is figure out the wobble plus how to program the governor - with fast piros, the headspeed drops a bit (along with the whole heli) and that makes me nervous.
Apr 11, 2012, 05:31 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Hi Andy!
Did a bit of flying this evening, flew 5 packs - it was great

I tried the 333Hz tail servo freq and I have to say, it's a big difference! You should definitely apply it to your second bird! I could even up my HH gain a bit and it's still pretty steady.
Now I only have some slight wobble around the main shaft, mostly elevator - I'll need to figure out what can cause that. Unfortunately, I left my toolbox at home, so couldn't adjust the dials, I suspect Dial1 might help.
Also, the autorotation gear seems to be slightly off center when i spin the main shaft, not sure if that's normal or can cause issues.
Anyway, had a blast flying, did some fast forward flying and some circles - at one time I almost did a roll and turned it on its back! Had my heart racing for a while after that

Now all i need to do is figure out the wobble plus how to program the governor - with fast piros, the headspeed drops a bit (along with the whole heli) and that makes me nervous.
sounds good might have to try it tonight when i get home.. when you get a chance though can you check your other settings, im curious...
Apr 11, 2012, 05:33 PM
Thread OP
i have been told by someone on a nother group, that Digital servos all run at 333hz... not sure how true that is.. but my first one was set to that.. i am assuming that RC711 do not set up all their microbeasts correctly, so am not too happy with them... and they are not surretnly returning my email questions... ill givethem some more time.... pigs arse they set them up professionally, i love the heli.. but just their set up is majorly lacking..
Apr 11, 2012, 05:37 PM
Thread OP
my second one however is alot more respoinsive i think due to the fact that one of the miocrobeast settings..
Parameter G = on my 3d1 is lower than the 3d2 the 3d2 is higher setting cannot remember off the top of my head, however i know its more responsive, and i think it may be to do with this parameter G= Cyclic Responce
Apr 11, 2012, 06:32 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Wow, this is really useful. I was wondering if I can run the tail servo at 333Hz (as that's supposed to improve tail behaviour significantly), but you're saying you've been running it like that for a while now, right?

I'll check the other settings when I get home, but it's pretty similar. I think the Setup is the same (apart from the tail freq, I have only 50Hz), and the Params are like this:
C - Med (was wondering if i should change this to High)
D - Low
E - 2
F - OFF
G - OFF
H - OFF

Have you looked into programming the ESC? I found the very soft start to be useful but have no clue about the motor's PWM or timing (dropped several notes to rc711 but they haven't replied yet).
and yeah 3D Pro 1 has been running 333hz.. since day 1, either set up from rc711.. or set up by the guy at the hobby shop.... and its working fine...
Apr 12, 2012, 09:56 AM
Quote:
sounds good might have to try it tonight when i get home.. when you get a chance though can you check your other settings, im curious...
My settings:
B - 50HZ
C - 1520us
D - 333HZ
H - 120DEG

B - HZ Swash Servo Freq
D - HZ Tail Servo Freq
Params:
C - Med - High (still playing with this)
D - Low
E - 2
F - OFF
G - OFF
H - OFF

Dials:
1: slighly lowered
2: default
3: slightly lowered, i'll probably turn it back on to center
Apr 22, 2012, 05:40 AM
Thread OP
Finally got a reply from RC 711 regarding the recommended freq for the Tail servo.. see below..
Mine has been set to 333HZ.. and is still working, so i dont see why i should change to their suggestion as they took so long i doubt they know.. lol

Dear Sirs,

Thank you very much for your email!
It is also ok to set it to 333Hz but our 3D master suggest 270Hz which is more safe for this servo.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards,
Grace
RC711 CS Team
Apr 22, 2012, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Finally got a reply from RC 711 regarding the recommended freq for the Tail servo.. see below..
Hi Andy,
same here - they must have finally talked to their experts on our insistence (i had to remind them about 3 times)
I got this:
Quote:
Dear Sirs,

Thank you very much for your email!
Below are the answers for your questions:

1. What is the frequency of the 3DPro tail servo DS9257MG - can it work on 333Hz? 270hz
2. What is the PWM frequency of the 3DPro 1800kv motor (3DP-BM450HV-1800)? 12
3. What is the timing of the 3DPro 1800kv motor (7.5, 15 etc) None
4. How many poles of this motor (3Dpro 1800kv)? 8

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards,
Grace
RC711 CS Team
www.rc711.com
As you can see, I was also asking about the motor itself, as I'm not happy with the governor performance of the ESC and want to set it up properly.
I think I'll probably try the tail servo also with 270Hz as it doesnt seem to be a big difference and it might be easier on the servo. Although I have to say, before I left for the States, I flew 5 batteries straight through and the tail servo wasnt even warm. So i think it is perfectly safe to fly with 333Hz.

On another note - did you try the governor? In governor-high, it's a lot better than in low, but it's still not as good as manually setting up a curve of 100-85-80-85-100. Maybe it's these other settings (timing, PWM), I dont know.
Jul 19, 2012, 08:23 AM

Still flying

Andy, Milo, or anyone,

How is your 3D Pro flying? I know there haven't been any posts for several months. I am wondering how the helis have held together for the past months. I am thinking about ordering a bnf version from rc711 with the kds bear gyro. I want to make sure I get as much input as I can. I am also looking at the ALZRC 450pro with the ALZRC gys 3 axis gyro. They both are about the same price and look well made.

Any suggestions?
Jul 19, 2012, 08:31 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by trhodes
Andy, Milo, or anyone,

How is your 3D Pro flying? I know there haven't been any posts for several months. I am wondering how the helis have held together for the past months. I am thinking about ordering a bnf version from rc711 with the kds bear gyro. I want to make sure I get as much input as I can. I am also looking at the ALZRC 450pro with the ALZRC gys 3 axis gyro. They both are about the same price and look well made.

Any suggestions?
I have been thrashing mine around flips inverted and other maneuvers etc quite regular at least 4-8 packs a weekend and nothing to report as damage yet.... However different story for my cheapo hk450 pro build have had 2 crashes caused by low quality components latest one the tail boom snapped off lol but as for the 3d pro i highly recommend it as a reliable heli.... It's not much more dollars for the Align though.... But it's up to you. If microbeast is better than 3gx imo
Jul 19, 2012, 08:33 AM
Thread OP
I also would highly suggest the Skookum 540 fbl controller I have been playing with one of recent and am very impressed. See if you can buy the 3d pro without gyro.... Then buy the Skookum seperate
Jul 19, 2012, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trhodes
Andy, Milo, or anyone,

How is your 3D Pro flying?
I did a bunch of upgrades to it, the biggest difference was the servos.
I put in MKS DS92A+ for the cyclic and MKS DS8910A+ for the tail - it made a world of difference!!!
Also put in a carbon pushrod and a dual push tail rotor control to eliminate slop in the tail.
Not much else, to be honest and i'm really happy with the bird. Since the servo upgrade, it actually flies like a much bigger bird, like a 550E!

I can recommend the 3DPro (apart from the servos, also the 6S setup is really nice), but I would vouch for the Microbeast. This controller is awesome, really makes for a stable flight.

As to the ALZRC, i've been using a lot of ALZRC spare parts and have been impressed with the quality. I think they're pretty much on par with Align (I could compare: occasionally had to buy Align in LHS when I couldnt afford the shipping time from Hong Kong). I dont think you can really go wrong with either ALZRC or 3DPro, just make sure you don't try to save on the servos or the gyro. They make or brake your helicopter.

Quick Reply