Nov 23, 2016, 02:26 AM
Thank you so much Gents...

Prowler, I did sheet the fuse and wing center section with 2mm depron.

David, I'd be glad to chase the murder with it. They would probably take it out though!

And thanks Clancy!

Back in Oct. I went to the St. George Electric Fly-In in Utah. That was this years location for the annual gathering of usual suspects who have met up over the years.
We had several people taking lots of outstanding pics and videos. Most prolific were Ben, George and Hans. Lots of others too...

Here's a couple of great ones by George. They pretty well capture the "realism" aspect, I think.

I also was fortunate enough to take home the "Pilots Choice" award for the Ag-Cat. I couldn't believe it! Pretty classy considering the company I keep!
Latest blog entry: Raiders Wing from Scratch
to remove ads between posts
Nov 23, 2016, 05:57 AM
Cobra Driver
Outstanding detail!! Right down to the fuel lines, vent tubes and even the ever uneven spray nozzles.
What did you use for the corrugations on the fuse?
Nov 23, 2016, 11:53 AM
Thanks, Scott. I haven't seen depron used on balsa birds before. Nicely done! And congrats on the award. Well deserved indeed.
Nov 23, 2016, 09:55 PM
Thanks again, fellas!

Red, I used Plastruct brand model strip styrene to represent the pleating.
While Evergreen makes lots of shapes, Plastruct is the one that makes triangle stock. I think I used the 1/8" triangle strips. I ordered them online. I just glued them directly to the depron.

Cheers!
Latest blog entry: Raiders Wing from Scratch
May 19, 2018, 03:36 AM
They call me Lipo...

Scott's Grumman Turbo Ag Cat at St. George...

Being right on top of things, it's only taken me A YEAR AND A HALF to get this video posted.... !!!

Here's Scott's rendition of Pat's design: a very nicely done G-164B Turbo Ag Cat !
Grumman G-164B Turbo Ag-Cat by Scott Ramirez - St. George Utah, 2016 (5 min 33 sec)

Better late than never, I hope y'all enjoy the video !!

Quick Reply