Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Old Dec 18, 2011, 01:04 PM
Find More Posts by StayQuiet
Question

Carstens Plan Service

Does anyone have any feedback as to how long it takes these people to send out a set of plans that have been ordered? It's been almost a month, still no plans. This plane was supposed to be my winter project, but unless the plans arrive soon, I'll be flying paper airplanes come spring!
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 18, 2011, 02:49 PM
Find More Posts by DeeBee1
I've never used them, but their website does say to allow four to six weeks for delivery. Why not give them a call - sometimes it can help speed things up and you will be able to confirm that they received your order.
Old Dec 18, 2011, 07:11 PM
Find More Posts by Al M
A month isn't unusual for any plans service. They probably bring tracings to someone for copies about that often for non electronic plans. It is unlikely they would have a copier and they probably don't get a lot of business.
Old Dec 18, 2011, 08:12 PM
Thanks, guys. I guess I'll just be patient.
Old Dec 18, 2011, 09:50 PM
Find More Posts by AndyKunz
When I order plans from them, I always telephone them in. They know me

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 19, 2011, 01:04 PM
Find More Posts by LtDan
I ordered Super Scratch plans from them in Dec of last year and got them in March......
Old Dec 19, 2011, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtDan View Post
I ordered Super Scratch plans from them in Dec of last year and got them in March......
Wow, that's NOT what I wanted to hear!
Old Dec 19, 2011, 05:13 PM
Find More Posts by AndyKunz
So call them! 973-383-3355
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 19, 2011, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
So call them! 973-383-3355
Andy, when I ordered my plans, it was by phone. I may give them another call anyway, just to confirm my order didn't get "lost" somewhere.

Just to see what happens, I ordered another set of plans from the Air Age shop. Waiting to see which arrives first! Whichever one does is my project for this winter - the other will have to wait.
Last edited by StayQuiet; Dec 20, 2011 at 06:20 AM.
Old Jan 04, 2012, 06:37 PM
Just an update here - the Air Age plans arrived today. I think another phone call to Carstens may be in order.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 01:26 PM
Find More Posts by Whiskey Whiskey
I ordered a set of planes a couple of years ago. I remember it took about 6 weeks. This is an old school type of mail-order service with its 4-6 weeks...

Because of this, I never ordered another set. In my opinion, this service has not kept up with the times.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 04:41 PM
Plans arrived! On February 16th! Only about 3 months. My plane, built from Air Age plans, is already done.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 10:33 AM
Find More Posts by DeeBee1
Well whatever the reason is, that's not great service, and it's well outside the estimate on their own website. Thanks for the update.