Oct 25, 2012, 08:57 AM
Jack of all master of none
Thread OP
Rod... NO the bottle was going to be a central fuel tank but I had gotten ahead of myself some one sorry I don't remember who pointed out to me it was in front of the C of G BUT if your going w/ air retracts this is a good spot for the AIR tank.

You making great progress on your build keep it up maybe you can inspire some of the other builders to really get into there builds as well.

Bruce
Last edited by splinterz25; Oct 25, 2012 at 12:48 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 25, 2012, 03:24 PM
Not been on much but keeping up with your build.Been doing some research on the local(Jersey)pilot who flew Mossies during WW2.Squadron Ldr Mansell Child Villiers.Changed the build to a fighter bomber version.Bit of local history for when its finished.Fuse in primer and a pic of the snoz.
Oct 25, 2012, 04:01 PM
Thread OP
Very nice progress motrio... so your doing the FB version now did you also change
to doing the one piece wing?
I will have to look and see if I can find any info on your subject have you found any photos of his plane and it's markings yet?and do you know where he was stationed?

Good stuff, I'm thinking we should really see a big pick up w/ all the building now and w/ the hard winter that's been predicted here in the states we may get some new builders to join in and try there hand at building one of these WOODEN WONDERS!

Keep up the good work guys,

Bruce
Oct 25, 2012, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by splinterz25
Very nice progress motrio... so your doing the FB version now did you also change
to doing the one piece wing?
I will have to look and see if I can find any info on your subject have you found any photos of his plane and it's markings yet?and do you know where he was stationed?

Good stuff, I'm thinking we should really see a big pick up w/ all the building now and w/ the hard winter that's been predicted here in the states we may get some new builders to join in and try there hand at building one of these WOODEN WONDERS!

Keep up the good work guys,

Bruce
My Mum used to work for this guy when I was a kid.I know he has a son and daughter,trying to borrow his flight logs and stuff.I know he had photos of the aircraft and people he flew with.Would be nice to turn up at the field with my plane and stuff to show people who it was based on.Put a face to the plane if you like.
Oct 25, 2012, 04:29 PM
One piece wing is part of the BT plan.Built in 2 halves.Thought about the way you are building your one but have decided to build a one piece.Gonna have to get a van to transport it though cos it won't fit in my car!
Oct 25, 2012, 04:34 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by motrio
One piece wing is part of the BT plan.Built in 2 halves.Thought about the way you are building your one but have decided to build a one piece.Gonna have to get a van to transport it though cos it won't fit in my car!
YEP that's why I wanted a two piece wing
I did a quick search and couldn't find any thing on this person best of luck and
post some photos of his plane when and if you can find them.

Bruce
Oct 26, 2012, 04:49 PM
Thread OP
You guys will have to keep this thread going this weekend had a better offer than working on my planes.

Bruce
Oct 27, 2012, 11:25 PM
Plane Nuts
Inspiration - in flight video of KA114

Flying DH Mosquito KA114. (16 min 21 sec)

Rob
Oct 28, 2012, 10:33 AM
That video was way too cool! I could feel the engines sitting here. They did an awesome job getting that flying again.

Robert
Oct 28, 2012, 01:54 PM
Awesome!
Oct 28, 2012, 05:26 PM
Excellent flypast over Auckland, hope the crowds were out for such a spectacle.
Oct 29, 2012, 08:09 AM
Thread OP
Nice video Rob thanks for sharing it w/ us Well it looks like I'll be in for the next three days w/ SANDY coming very close to me and I'll get back to doing some building as long as we don't loose power.

Bruce
Oct 29, 2012, 09:45 AM
No Hangar Queens!
Coming close? Shoot dude. We are gonna get SLAMMED. My work has STILL not closed down for this and the federal government and schools are all closed. All weather folk are saying this is definitely a record book storm.
Oct 29, 2012, 10:04 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willsonman
Coming close? Shoot dude. We are gonna get SLAMMED. My work has STILL not closed down for this and the federal government and schools are all closed. All weather folk are saying this is definitely a record book storm.
YES where you live will be getting a direct hit after it goes through New Jersey and you might get snow also? the whole east coast is going to be a mess for a few weeks until they get it cleaned up if not longer. I hope they let you off sooner than later to get back w/ your family and be safe.

Bruce
Oct 29, 2012, 10:49 AM
No Hangar Queens!
Me too! I do work only 5-10 minutes from home but still I would rather be there consoling wife and kids than here putting out fires for the company bottom line.

Quick Reply