Mar 21, 2013, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4ight
opened it, removed and iserted the camera connector, it did not help. Its somehow the connection to the pc. The pc does not recognize the camera. And when i turn it on, and press the recording button, nothing happens. Really frustrating
Before you give up, are you sure the internal battery is charged? The green LED should turn on when connected to the PC. If it doesn't, then either the battery is fully charged (doubtful) or the USB cable is defective. You must charge the battery for 2 hours min.

Format your card with SDformatter using an external card reader.

The PC won't recognize the camera if the camera doesn't recognize the card, so the first step is to be able to record.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 21, 2013, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoprop
Before you give up, are you sure the internal battery is charged? The green LED should turn on when connected to the PC. If it doesn't, then either the battery is fully charged (doubtful) or the USB cable is defective. You must charge the battery for 2 hours min.

Format your card with SDformatter using an external card reader.

The PC won't recognize the camera if the camera doesn't recognize the card, so the first step is to be able to record.
I Charged it for 2 hours until the green light was off. Used various USB cables. Pc just wont recognize the camera, regardless of system or device. SD Card Formatted numerous times. Will send it back tomorrow.. another 4 weeks of waiting..

Thanks for your help anyways...
Mar 21, 2013, 12:54 PM
Quote:
I Charged it for 2 hours until the green light was off. Used various USB cables. Pc just wont recognize the camera, regardless of system or device. SD Card Formatted numerous times. Will send it back tomorrow.. another 4 weeks of waiting..

Tell the seller you are sending your camera back for replacement and ask him to send you a new camera asap. He'll ask you to pay for the replacement camera, but he'll refund you when he receives your defective camera.

That way you'll only need to wait 2 weeks, assuming a fast postal service.
Mar 21, 2013, 02:31 PM
Team Drone Art
Quote:
Originally Posted by victapilot
I mostly do outdoors/sunny. I use Fluorescent, Saturation +1, Contrast -1, here's an example. The color balance is stable, no fade to gray of the blue sky

For the types 2 and 3 above, I find Auto WB is ok, since fade to gray from gray is a non issue LOL. All other settings at mid point. But as I said, I don't do much of that.
I am a photographer and have a displays that are kept calibrated. That said, I prefer a warmer picture.

I have a similar setting to the poster quoted above.

First, manually set White Balance to ensure no shifting of colors while recording. Ignore the naming. I prefer Fluorescent for color temp.

Then I select Low for the Contrast. Gives the perception of a higher dynamic range.

I like my saturation set at Normal.

For Color Options, I bump it up to Warm for keep at Normal.

That's my perfect formula for the 808#16 Lens B. (Firmware 0.67)
Mar 21, 2013, 03:55 PM
new 808 #24 1080p coming up?

http://www.youtube.com/user/Eletech86?feature=watch
Mar 21, 2013, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkzelf
Wow, that looks very promising... I hope the pricing is reasonable.
Mar 21, 2013, 04:24 PM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Quote:
D-lens option?
Mar 21, 2013, 04:55 PM
dunno, but i can't wait....
Mar 21, 2013, 05:05 PM
Quote:

Nice! I wish it comes with choices of lens and battery sizes
Mar 21, 2013, 05:20 PM
Closed Account
Last edited by OutBreak44; Jun 25, 2013 at 12:30 PM.
Mar 21, 2013, 08:54 PM
Dance the skies...
Thread OP
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintastic
Wow, that looks very promising... I hope the pricing is reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcteryxxx
D-lens option?
Quote:
dunno, but i can't wait....
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafalgarLaw
Nice! I wish it comes with choices of lens and battery sizes
OK, the possibility of a new 1080 camera has been announced. When or if it actually is being sold, someone can start a new thread on it. To avoid confusion, can we keep the discussion here focused on the #16 HD camera please?
Mar 21, 2013, 09:33 PM
AKA, Cheap Chiseler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank
OK, the possibility of a new 1080 camera has been announced. When or if it actually is being sold, someone can start a new thread on it. To avoid confusion, can we keep the discussion here focused on the #16 HD camera please?

Thank you for that Tom. I bought four of these cameras in the last four weeks for family members and friends.

We can't use an explanation or exploration of something we don't have now.

Thanks again,
DJ
Mar 22, 2013, 01:02 AM
Joe 6-pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by airmob
Ah, but they are talking about live 720p webcam, not editing videos. I doubt an old G4 iBook or PowerBook could handle it.
Sorry, I miss read the situation.
Mar 22, 2013, 01:06 AM
Joe 6-pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by VideoKing
I have one word for you..... Codecs

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/...codec_pack.htm
I have all the codecs you can imagine. I just don't have the processor speed to handle the new formats. I have to convert them to a lower data throughput to get them to work and then I use a lossless codec like Huffy to edit. they get big in a hurry.
Mar 22, 2013, 01:10 AM
Quote:

When I first got mine I thought there was a problem with the USB cable or connector as my PC wouldn't recognise it; took me a few seconds to work out that you actually have to turn the camera on before the PC will 'see' it. This may be obvious to some (if I had of read the manual it would have been obvious to me too :-) but it had me scratching my head initially, especially as my old #3 didn't need to be switched on for the PC to see it.

Quick Reply