Old Dec 26, 2012, 11:44 AM
Find More Posts by Gradius
Can this be used as an external battery?

Would it recharge via usb just like the internal battery?

to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 26, 2012, 12:19 PM
Find More Posts by sidneylopsides
I've been thinking about I've of those, but using the phone as a charger. It's a 1s Lipo so I can't see any problems.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 12:46 PM
Find More Posts by Gomario
Mr.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
Boot MP4cam2AVI and look in the lower right section of the program window at the selection box named "AVI size limit". What is displayed there? If it's not the highest possible setting, change it to be so. The highest value available should be "4096 Mb" if you have the current version of this program (v2.99).

What is the size (in MB) of the largest file you are trying to convert? As you likely know, the native file size can increase in size by as much as 40% (nominal) when going from 7 MBps data rate to 10 MBps with some high detail, high motion video. This makes the issue of AVI file size more prevalent with MP4cam2AVI processing.
Ok Ok You are a genius and I am not Indeed I knew I have to somehow increase the max file length above the 2GB limit but there was no higher option in my version (v 2.83) Updated the program as suggested and it works. Tx and HAPPY NEW YEAR to you (I won't be near a PC/Internet till 2013.)
Old Dec 26, 2012, 01:17 PM
Find More Posts by therau2000
deleted
Last edited by therau2000; Dec 19, 2015 at 08:44 PM.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 02:38 PM
Find More Posts by qsgsg
Just made a disovery. A 30 min Video always give an exact 1.48 GB file size no matter what. Hope it helps.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 02:38 PM
Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Dance the skies...
Comments in BLUE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomario View Post
Ok Ok You are a genius and I am not
Nah, I just always update FW and programs, even if I think I don't need to at the time. Then find when reading the update log that I DID need it and didn't know it!
Indeed I knew I have to somehow increase the max file length above the 2GB limit but there was no higher option in my version (v 2.83) Updated the program as suggested and it works.

Tx and HAPPY NEW YEAR to you

(I won't be near a PC/Internet till 2013.)
Wish I could say the same!
Old Dec 26, 2012, 02:42 PM
Dance the skies...
Quote:
Originally Posted by qsgsg View Post
Just made a disovery. A 30 min Video always give an exact 1.48 GB file size no matter what. Hope it helps.
How are you managing to get exactly a 30 min video clip? That might explain your discovery since the FW doesn't support 30 min. clips, and file size will change with the data rate.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 03:13 PM
Find More Posts by crash74
Addicted to Twins
I just set up the motion acctivate on my cam. how do I use it?? Do i start it like a normal recording and then it will start and stop when needed??
Old Dec 26, 2012, 03:53 PM
Find More Posts by fishycomics
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash74 View Post
I just set up the motion acctivate on my cam. how do I use it?? Do i start it like a normal recording and then it will start and stop when needed??
you just had to let the secret out. I do the same, but can care less, I rather it make a shorter file than larger files,
Old Dec 26, 2012, 03:58 PM
Addicted to Twins
the gui wont let me set the auto off on the motion. when it starts it just keeps going...is it one of the flaws on .58??
Old Dec 26, 2012, 04:10 PM
Addicted to Twins
ok. I tried to go to a older version. no luck. Now. I noticed my time for record was 20 min... that may be the issue.... so I set the time to record to 5 min ( the least).. now my question is when I start the recorder it starts the 5min... so in other words the first 5min would be a waste of battery....How do you set to record video, but keep the camera on stand by untill the motion is detected....and what about a delay when you start the cam so it doesnt detect motion right away???
Old Dec 26, 2012, 04:41 PM
Find More Posts by sparklet
Quote:
Originally Posted by therau2000 View Post
If you read Tom's Post #4 again, you will see there is a GUI that runs under Linux, Mac, and Windows. So no need to bother with Wine and co.
Thanks for that, I will go have a look at it.

I already had Wine installed so never got as far as looking at alternatives
Old Dec 26, 2012, 04:41 PM
Dance the skies...
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash74 View Post
ok. I tried to go to a older version. no luck. Now. I noticed my time for record was 20 min... that may be the issue.... so I set the time to record to 5 min ( the least).. now my question is when I start the recorder it starts the 5min... so in other words the first 5min would be a waste of battery....How do you set to record video, but keep the camera on stand by untill the motion is detected....and what about a delay when you start the cam so it doesnt detect motion right away???
Are you using a GUI to set the camera parameters? If not, you should, and maybe that is part of the confusion. You must be referring to a 20 min. Video Clip Length, which has no influence on the Motion Detection Mode. You only need to set the motion time out mode once the Motion Detect function is turned on. That defines how long the camera will record AFTER any detected motion stops. If you are hand holding the camera, it will ALWAYS start recording with the slightest movement.

Auto-shutoff MUST be turned OFF with Motion Detect engaged, or it will interfere with that function.

Motion detection is initiated when the camera is powered on... no need to press any other buttons to start it. But v0.58 had a bug that impacted the function as noted in my post.

Stay tuned... an updated FW is just around the corner.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 06:34 PM
Find More Posts by Sparky Paul
Ascended Master
Time Lapse has to be turned off also for motion detect to be selectable and turned on.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 06:37 PM
Find More Posts by nisbahmumtaz
It's too bad that the motion detection is camera-impact activated only.

Most of my insecurities deal with catching and spotting someone from a distance.

Then again, it's too good to be true to have a line-of-sight activation, especially since the hardware needed for such a thing is probably not present in model 16!