Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Old Dec 19, 2012, 07:35 PM
jmdlcar is online now
Find More Posts by jmdlcar
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneylopsides View Post
I've ordered a set that I think will fit, I'll update you on here if they do!
I order a set of 1.25mm 2 pins and when I got them the red wires was on the wrong side. Is there any where the red wire is on the right side? Jack
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 19, 2012, 09:07 PM
jdr00ejr is offline
Find More Posts by jdr00ejr
Registered User
Looking for opinions. Original seller wants me to ship the camera back to him at my cost (USPS is saying $13-18 - WOW!). Once he receives it, he'll ship me a new one. Or I can pay $28 to have him ship me a new one that will be refunded when he receives mine.

If it's really just the lens, I can get a new B lens and case in the US for $13 or a D Lens for $17. Doesn't seem worth it to send it back to China and wait wait wait, but not sure how to tell if its really the lens ribbon cable and not something else, other than pressing on the lens makes things work.

Thoughts?
Old Dec 19, 2012, 10:13 PM
Tom Frank is online now
Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Dance the skies...
Tom Frank's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdr00ejr View Post
Looking for opinions. Original seller wants me to ship the camera back to him at my cost (USPS is saying $13-18 - WOW!). Once he receives it, he'll ship me a new one. Or I can pay $28 to have him ship me a new one that will be refunded when he receives mine.

If it's really just the lens, I can get a new B lens and case in the US for $13 or a D Lens for $17. Doesn't seem worth it to send it back to China and wait wait wait, but not sure how to tell if its really the lens ribbon cable and not something else, other than pressing on the lens makes things work.

Thoughts?
Send it by ordinary First Class International Mail with no insurance, etc. It shouldn't be more than about $4 from the U.S.

The intermittent operation when pressing the lens is a sure giveaway where the problem is.

The re-purchase and credit back on the return has been used quite a few times to expedite the exchange.

FWIW, I secured my D lens module in place inside the case with silicone adhesive to prevent the flexing stress on the cable. Hot melt adhesive could also be used.
Last edited by Tom Frank; Dec 19, 2012 at 10:16 PM. Reason: added lens securement note
Old Dec 20, 2012, 02:06 AM
Azuritko is offline
Find More Posts by Azuritko
Registered User
Azuritko's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by therau2000 View Post


The greatest innovation yet is coming soon.


Available just-in-time for Xmas.


Keep watching this thread

I am still waiting and thinking what it can be? It has something to do with software or hardware?
Old Dec 20, 2012, 03:07 AM
eyesonsky is offline
Find More Posts by eyesonsky
Registered User
eyesonsky's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1993 View Post
ooops... sorry. mine came in epp foam but no cap. anyone know where to get the lens caps?

i could also use one for my a lens. didnt get one with that either. less important than d obviously due to shape but still.
A simple cap can be made with Heat Shrink Tube
and it works for all lens diameters


Old Dec 20, 2012, 04:01 AM
Grantham Kid is offline
Find More Posts by Grantham Kid
Chasin' that Neon Rainbow
Grantham Kid's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuritko View Post
I am still waiting and thinking what it can be? It has something to do with software or hardware?
Well he has left it too late for Christmas.It takes at least 2 weeks to get stuff here.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: A bit about me
Old Dec 20, 2012, 05:25 AM
Azuritko is offline
Find More Posts by Azuritko
Registered User
Azuritko's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grantham Kid View Post
Well he has left it too late for Christmas.It takes at least 2 weeks to get stuff here.
I know but anyway I am really curious. "The greatest innovation yet" are strong words
Old Dec 20, 2012, 05:28 AM
sfakias is offline
Find More Posts by sfakias
ScratchCrasher
sfakias's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesonsky View Post
A simple cap can be made with Heat Shrink Tube
and it works for all lens diameters


Hello,
what do you used to seal the free end of the heat shrink tube? I mean this red coloured stuff.

I also do caps with heat shrink, and I seal the free end by squeezing its end between my fingers while it is still hot (you must be able to tolerate some heat....!) This causes the tube to become flat at its free end, since the tube sticks to itself.

Regards,
Stavros
Old Dec 20, 2012, 08:05 AM
empeabee is offline
Find More Posts by empeabee
Fidler & twidler
empeabee's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdlcar View Post
I order a set of 1.25mm 2 pins and when I got them the red wires was on the wrong side. Is there any where the red wire is on the right side? Jack
If you look on the 'underside' you will see two small pieces of metal, one for each wire. These are latches which hold each wire in.
use a large pin, or ultra fine screwdriver to gently push the latch in and then gently pull the wire, when the latch clears the body, you can remove both wires, and push them back in the other way round - ok?
Mike
Old Dec 20, 2012, 02:05 PM
jmdlcar is online now
Find More Posts by jmdlcar
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by empeabee View Post
If you look on the 'underside' you will see two small pieces of metal, one for each wire. These are latches which hold each wire in.
use a large pin, or ultra fine screwdriver to gently push the latch in and then gently pull the wire, when the latch clears the body, you can remove both wires, and push them back in the other way round - ok?
Mike
Thanks I'll try that. I want to put one in my old #3 camera.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 02:10 PM
Tom Frank is online now
Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Dance the skies...
Tom Frank's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdlcar View Post
Thanks I'll try that. I want to put one in my old #3 camera.
One word of caution... DON'T rely on the wire colors for polarity.... they are sometimes reversed from what you would expect. Check the + and - connections with a DC voltmeter before you swap a battery to a new device.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 02:41 PM
empeabee is offline
Find More Posts by empeabee
Fidler & twidler
empeabee's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
One word of caution... DON'T rely on the wire colors for polarity.... they are sometimes reversed from what you would expect. Check the + and - connections with a DC voltmeter before you swap a battery to a new device.
Oh ! - I missed that out, thanks Tom.
Mike
Old Dec 20, 2012, 05:05 PM
jmdlcar is online now
Find More Posts by jmdlcar
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
One word of caution... DON'T rely on the wire colors for polarity.... they are sometimes reversed from what you would expect. Check the + and - connections with a DC voltmeter before you swap a battery to a new device.
Thanks Tom I will do that.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 07:18 PM
IceWind is online now
Find More Posts by IceWind
throw new IOPilotException();
IceWind's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grantham Kid View Post
Well he has left it too late for Christmas.It takes at least 2 weeks to get stuff here.
Unless is really only to announce on the 25th.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 07:59 PM
empeabee is offline
Find More Posts by empeabee
Fidler & twidler
empeabee's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grantham Kid View Post
Well he has left it too late for Christmas.It takes at least 2 weeks to get stuff here.
Yes, but software is Instantaneous (almost).
Mike


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Looking to buy #11 HD Key Cam within US Abolfazl Aerial Photography 4 Mar 20, 2016 01:14 AM
Discussion The REAL (#11) HD Key Cam Thread (PLEASE! READ POSTS #1-#3 BEFORE POSTING QUESTIONS!) Tom Frank Aerial Photography 9936 Feb 11, 2014 10:56 AM
Poll Poll For Current and Future #11 HD Key Cam Users Tom Frank Aerial Photography 0 Sep 26, 2011 12:55 AM
Discussion New HD Key Cam CHAMP? 1080x720p 3 HOUR RECORD TIME! Jaybee Aerial Photography 4 Jun 02, 2011 12:39 PM