Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor
Old Aug 22, 2012, 04:33 AM
Find More Posts by irononreverse
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerys View Post
boy with an external battery pack this WOULD make a pretty darned neat timelapse camera.
Just search for portable USB battery on Amazon. You can get 5000mah, 7000mah and 12000 mah flavours

I'm currently using this: 5200mah

http://www.amazon.co.uk/PowerGen-Ext...5624524&sr=1-6

and this: 7000mah

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TeckNet%C2%A...5624558&sr=1-4
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 22, 2012, 04:38 AM
Find More Posts by Azuritko
Quote:
Originally Posted by akaloith View Post
here you can see the above video from mclarkson
with some colors boosted (magic bullet looks - sony vegas - buffalo color preset)
I didn't spend time choosing good colors just a boosted preset

AND distorsion correction (the horizon is no longer barel)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8K3WjeK4Xws
What tool from sony vegas you use to remove barrel distorsion? It removes it completely? And can you make a still photo without correction of distorsion to compare how much smaller AOV on repaired video is?
Old Aug 22, 2012, 05:26 AM
Find More Posts by Eugeniuss
Could anyone tell me , what's the difference between Lens A and Lens B #16 camera?
Old Aug 22, 2012, 05:43 AM
Find More Posts by VideoKing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuritko View Post
What tool from sony vegas you use to remove barrel distorsion? It removes it completely? And can you make a still photo without correction of distorsion to compare how much smaller AOV on repaired video is?
Correcting Lens Distortion in Sony Vegas (1 min 7 sec)

Google is your friend.........

Old Aug 22, 2012, 05:55 AM
Find More Posts by fishycomics
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
Not everyone wants the saturation level boosted to non-realistic levels even though it may look "better" to many people. But relief is in the works... stay tuned.

Quote:
yeah I MUCH MUCH rather prefer the color saturation of the #11 over the #16 I hope this is something that can be corrected in firmware since I prefer the #16 hardware and wide angle lens etc.. but the jello is MUCH more noticeable on the #11 over the #16 too.

can we jack the saturation back up in the #16 ?
It is something that Tom Frank has no control of but of the Developer to offer that.
Since 1998. there has not been any release of a fully controlable firmware for the consumer

this we all must remember is a gadget, not a professional camera.

While there are cameras that you can get into the Engineer's contro;s, once you tamper with it. you brick-ruin your cam, reasons why .........
Last edited by fishycomics; Aug 22, 2012 at 06:21 AM.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 05:56 AM
Find More Posts by flameout00
Wow, this is a long thread! I read through the first dozen or so pages then jumped to the last dozen or so. Just ordered my #16 V2 lens D along with an extra battery. Will probably be a few weeks till it arrives, but I'm looking forward to my first ever video flight!

Thanks for all of the great info!
Old Aug 22, 2012, 06:23 AM
Find More Posts by fishycomics
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameout00 View Post
Wow, this is a long thread! I read through the first dozen or so pages then jumped to the last dozen or so. Just ordered my #16 V2 lens D along with an extra battery. Will probably be a few weeks till it arrives, but I'm looking forward to my first ever video flight!

Thanks for all of the great info!
only the 1st five posts are important, and the thread is about having developer and a few members pass notes, while most are jumping in offering Feedback, enjoy
Old Aug 22, 2012, 06:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VideoKing View Post
http://vimeo.com/33309422

Google is your friend.........

I found this video before, but I want to know if he use different tool. As I am deciding which lens to buy, best will be to see original video of maybe room with straight lines compared with barrel distortion repair to see if it completely removed fisheye effect and how smaller the final image is. It is hard to say on landscape if there is zero distortion.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 06:42 AM
Find More Posts by VideoKing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuritko View Post
I found this video before, but I want to know if he use different tool. As I am deciding which lens to buy, best will be to see original video of maybe room with straight lines compared with barrel distortion repair to see if it completely removed fisheye effect and how smaller the final image is. It is hard to say on landscape if there is zero distortion.
Its the deform tool built into Vegas, I use it a lot for other wide angle video shots, (not #16 related)
1-Shoot some video against a tiled wall or something with parallel lines
2-Apply the deform tool and correct the distortion, Save the values as a pre-set for later use).
3- Pan and crop or zoom and crop to get the full frame. (save the values again).

Job Done.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 07:47 AM
Find More Posts by Stigern
Registered Addict
Got my v2 D-lens today, was updated to 0.36, is it normal that the edges gets darker than the rest of the image?
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 22, 2012, 07:54 AM
Find More Posts by Isoprop
Quote:
Originally Posted by opq View Post
Hi, does anyone know where the Nr16Setup program stores its profiles on the computer? Like is it a registry file? I'd like to back it up. Thanks!
Quote:
nope I run it on Windows 7 and it makes a cfg file on my system.

yep you can rename the exe no problem :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by opq View Post
Thanks for the reply, I just checked and it's not there. FWIW I have Windows 7 and I'm guessing if I put the EXE in Program Files, Windows probably redirects it somewhere else?

NVM found it: it's in C:\ProgramData\Nr16Setup

Perhaps we can add this to the FAQ?
The folder in which Nr16Setup.exe writes the profiles depends on numerous factors, mainly the OS language and from where you run the program.

If you run the program from the "Program Files" folder (English OS), or any other read-only folder, then the profiles will be saved in the CSIDL_COMMON_APPDATA folder (Google if you are interested). This folder is dictated by Windows so will vary from OS to OS and language to language. That's the way Microsoft wants us to do it, so the program obeys

However, Nr16Setup.exe is designed as stick-ware, meaning you can run it from almost any drive and/or folder you wish. The program does not touch the registry and does not need to be installed.

I strongly recommend you do not run the program from the "Program Files" folder (or whatever the folder is called on your OS). I suggest you create a separate folder, for example c:\nr16\, and copy the program and Nr16Setup.cfg (if it exists) to this folder. It will save you a lot of headaches when you try to locate the configuration file or other files which will be introduced in the next program version. Profiles will become very useful in conjunction with forthcoming firmware updates.

Since the program has no influence on where the data files are located when the program is run from the "Program Files" folder, I cannot document where the files are saved. However, if run from a non-system folder, which I really recommend, the files are always located in the same folder as the program.

If you can't find the profiles file, search your computer for Nr16Setup.cfg, which also includes the basic program settings.

FWIW, Microsoft no longer allows data files, like the configuration file, to be saved in the "Program Files" folder.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 08:39 AM
Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Dance the skies...
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarbies View Post
Hi,

Did a quick search but couldnt find anything...

Id like to be able to set this camera to take pictures every N seconds (like a GoPro). Right now Im pulling single frames from the 720p video but I would hope the pics would be better?

The ability to set it to take a pic every 0.5, 1 or 2 seconds would be great.

Not keen to add 555 timers etc. Firmware solution only
The stills are not better than the video frames. In the larger (4:3 aspect ratio setting), the stills are created from the native 16:9 aspect image by first croppng the sides to produce a 4:3 aspect picture (losing some of the FOV in the process. That image is then digitally resized to fill the larger frame size of the saved image, (losing some detail sharpness in the process).

In the 1280x720 still image setting, the only difference from the video frame image is the compression used (JPEG for the still and H.264 for the video). I can't see much difference between the two.
Last edited by Tom Frank; Aug 22, 2012 at 08:51 AM.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 08:43 AM
Dance the skies...
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post

only the 1st five posts are important, and the thread is about having developer and a few members pass notes, while most are jumping in offering Feedback, enjoy
To be fair, there is a LOT of discussion in the intervening pages that address MANY questions people have that are not linked in the FAQs. I don't have time anymore to capture them all. So people should always do a search first using the advanced thread search tool when they have questions that are not answered in the FAQs.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 08:47 AM
Dance the skies...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stigern View Post
Got my v2 D-lens today, was updated to 0.36, is it normal that the edges gets darker than the rest of the image?
Yes... that called "vignetting". All lenses have some, but the D lens does not have much... similar to the A lens but less than the B lens. It can be corrected with more advanced video editors.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VideoKing View Post
Its the deform tool built into Vegas, I use it a lot for other wide angle video shots, (not #16 related)
1-Shoot some video against a tiled wall or something with parallel lines
2-Apply the deform tool and correct the distortion, Save the values as a pre-set for later use).
3- Pan and crop or zoom and crop to get the full frame. (save the values again).

Job Done.
Thanks. As I do not have the camera yet, can someone try this using 16# camera with lens D and show us result comparing the original shot? If there will be no noticable distortion, I will buy camera with D lens, because I want bigger AOV but no fisheye.