The ORIGINAL #16 HD keycam thread (read posts #1-#5 BEFORE posting questions) - Page 1129 - RC Groups
Feb 16, 2014, 09:56 AM
Just thumbing through...
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyCowie
I am interested in modifying my #16 for ultra long recording, if I removed the internal battery and cut a hole in the side so I could attach an external battery in the same way as the internal battery would have been connected.

Am I right in thinking the internal connector is a JST?

If so would any 3.7v battery suffice regardless of C rating and mah?
I did this on my #7 and #20

I cut the existing battery wires about 1/2 way. Check polarity of the battery, some are wired with black positive..
I attached a servo connector, and feed from a separate single cell or by tapping the balance connector of a multi cell pack.
No protective circuit used, charge the battery with lipo charger only. Don't connect via USB with the external battery connected.
The camera shuts off at 3.6 volts, my guess 70% of capacity. So a 1000mah cell should last 70%(1000/250) hours.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 16, 2014, 12:02 PM
Fidler & twidler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixthy
Hi every1...

I bought #16 with lens D before some time and I would like to buy also another lens but am not sure should I buy lens A or B...
What do you suggest as for the pros and cons (FOV and image quality)...

External battery...
w or w/o internal...?
And how much recording time can I expect from lets say 1000 mAh battery (720p, 30 fps) and how much current is drawn in stand by and motion detection mode...?

I would appreciate your comments (I have been reading the forum, but I want to know others opinions)...

Cheers!
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=6887
Feb 16, 2014, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Normandy5
I notified the #16 producer that there is an "auto record by USB power" problem (bug) described here https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=16885

-- Chuck at www.chucklohr.com/808
Personally, I wouldn't call this a bug. It's the same way that the Mobius operates and only occurs if power is cut between ~5 sec. and ~6 sec. after first applying power (on the Mobius). This seems to be especially problematic for diesel car owners. I'm not sure if it's possible to overcome the problem with the current hardware since the firmware needs to 'know' if it was started by external power or a button press once the firmware has properly loaded.
I explained this in depth in the dashcams forums starting around post #173.
It may be easier to find a solution for the #16 since there is no supercap option.
Feb 17, 2014, 05:31 AM
Just wondering, has anyone encountered unusual cutoffs a few seconds into recording? My battery is fully charged, the memory card is empty and it only happens once in a while.
Feb 17, 2014, 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsfits
Just wondering, has anyone encountered unusual cutoffs a few seconds into recording? My battery is fully charged, the memory card is empty and it only happens once in a while.
Does this happen after you have freshly formatted your card, preferably with the in-camera formatting routine?
What brand, size and class rating is your card?
Is the card new or have you had it for a long time?
I'm just prodding a bit here in order to rule out a card compatibility issue.
Feb 17, 2014, 11:12 PM
So is there anything that can be done about:

1. Reducing the excessive unsharp mask being applied
2. Adjusting the white balance to not be so... red
Feb 18, 2014, 02:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoprop
Does this happen after you have freshly formatted your card, preferably with the in-camera formatting routine?
What brand, size and class rating is your card?
Is the card new or have you had it for a long time?
I'm just prodding a bit here in order to rule out a card compatibility issue.
Well my card is not exactly empty, there are still some videos in it. I still have a lot of GBs left though, like 80% space unused. I have been using it for quite some time with the same camera. I have not put any other files in it. Like I said I can record most of the times, but once in a while the recording cut-off issue happens.
Feb 18, 2014, 02:49 AM
Quote:
Well my card is not exactly empty, there are still some videos in it. I still have a lot of GBs left though, like 80% space unused. I have been using it for quite some time with the same camera. I have not put any other files in it. Like I said I can record most of the times, but once in a while the recording cut-off issue happens.
If you've been using your card for quite some time in the same camera but never formatted the card then the FAT (File Allocation Table) could well be partly corrupted which would explain why your camera suddenly stopped recording. Likewise, if you have a modern, class 10 card, typically Sandisk, then there could be a card compatibility issue similar to that of the Mobius. So far, no one has reported a problem, but that doesn't mean there isn't a problem. Unless we know more details, it's all but impossible to offer any tips.
Feb 18, 2014, 04:21 PM
It's Just a Hobby!
Quote:
If you've been using your card for quite some time in the same camera but never formatted the card then the FAT (File Allocation Table) could well be partly corrupted which would explain why your camera suddenly stopped recording. Likewise, if you have a modern, class 10 card, typically Sandisk, then there could be a card compatibility issue similar to that of the Mobius. So far, no one has reported a problem, but that doesn't mean there isn't a problem. Unless we know more details, it's all but impossible to offer any tips.

I am still waiting for my replacement keychain. I have a Mobius right now. I have a program called "Auslogic Disk Degragmenter" on my computer. When I plug my Mobius into my computer it shows up in the defragmenter as a device that can be defragged. I defragged it and it took several minutes to do a 32G card. I checked before I did this and had a video file on the disk and it is still there.

I would think this would work on a keychain and if it doesn't show up on the program as a device than it won't work of course.

The Auslogis defragger is available at CNET for free. I use it quite a bit.

Google "Auslogics"

Sudsy
Feb 19, 2014, 01:39 AM
Quote:
Should I format the card to FAT then?
Feb 19, 2014, 05:54 AM
Quote:
Should I format the card to FAT then?
If it's less than 64GB format to FAT32, if it's 64GB format to exFAT.
Use in-camera formatting to format the card automatically to the correct format.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudsy
I am still waiting for my replacement keychain. I have a Mobius right now. I have a program called "Auslogic Disk Degragmenter" on my computer. When I plug my Mobius into my computer it shows up in the defragmenter as a device that can be defragged. I defragged it and it took several minutes to do a 32G card. I checked before I did this and had a video file on the disk and it is still there.

I would think this would work on a keychain and if it doesn't show up on the program as a device than it won't work of course.

The Auslogis defragger is available at CNET for free. I use it quite a bit.

Google "Auslogics"

Sudsy
You should never defragment flash memory (SD cards, SSDs, USB sticks, etc.). It will unnecessarily shorten the card's lifespan and may even lead to slower performance when the cells become marked as 'bad'.
There is also absolutely no advantage because the memory is accessed directly.

On the other hand, a traditional hard disk with moving parts needs to be defragmented in order to position the data blocks in the ideal position when the platter is rotating so that the pick-up heads can read the data in as few rotations as possible. If the blocks are scattered all over the disk the arm to which the heads are attached will have to move in and out like crazy and wait for the next rotation before reading the next block.

BTW, if you insist on defragmenting your cards you would be much better off copying your files to your hard disk, formatting the card, and then copying the files back to the card. The less write operations you use, the longer your card will last.
Feb 20, 2014, 04:40 AM
Quote:
If it's less than 64GB format to FAT32, if it's 64GB format to exFAT.
Use in-camera formatting to format the card automatically to the correct format.
Thanks. Will try it.
Feb 21, 2014, 04:20 AM
@Normandy5: check your incoming PM box!
Feb 22, 2014, 07:27 AM
Beware Of The Shills !!!
I'm getting errors again, I'd re-formatted the card, I did 2 video's yesterday, played those back back fine by plugging the camera into a USB, I also copied the files onto my computer.

I've added one more video today and it's corrupted all 3 files including the 2 that were fine yeterday!!
Feb 22, 2014, 08:03 AM

Camera not recognized anymore. How can I solve this ?

I recently bought 808 #16 v3 camera , but after 4 or 5 uses I have a big problem.
The camera is not recognized anymore by my computer and the software.
I have never let it crashed on the ground, so I really don't understand what happen.
I tried different USB cables, different OS (linux and Windows), different USB ports, but the problem still the same. It is not recognized as device anymore.
Also the camera doesn't ouput any vidéo signal anymore but I still can record video.
My SD card is not in fault.
I'm experiencing exactly the same issue of DirtyDovi.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...6994&page=1122
What can I do to solve this ?
Please help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !
Thank you.
Last edited by Jarode; Feb 22, 2014 at 08:31 AM.

Quick Reply