Feb 28, 2014, 04:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by camoy
I have swapped out lens a few times on my camera and not had any issues with the cable.

How are you inserting and removing the cable? Are you sliding the plastic lock out before attempting to remove or insert the ribbon cable?

Could you be more specific about what you mean by spoiling the cable?
What I mean is the video recorded showed psychedelic colors. From the comments in history it's supposed to be caused by spoiled ribbon cable due to bending/pulling. Is it that fragile?

Unlike you, I do not remove the ribbon cable once I've inserted it. However, I still face the same problem. Maybe it's due to the way I inserted it? If that's in fact the case, then how come it worked properly for a while, and suddenly spoils by itself? Shouldn't it shows psychedelic colors the moment I started using it?

I've contacted the seller eletoponline365 and he (or she? the name is Mandy) said that so far buyers seldom face this issue with new lens modules.

I saw the youtube video of how to insert the ribbon cable and yes I pulled up the white plastic before inserting the ribbon cable (with even sides and not touching the cable itself) and then clipped it back by holding both sides together. I'm not sure if I've done it correctly but yeah, I've ordered my 4th lens module.

I have a #3 for more than a year and have never changed its lens module and it's still working perfectly (albeit the charging cable has failed now, but I have a replacement cable so it's ok). If it's not for the low resolution of #3 I wouldn't have to get the #16... The #26 is still too bulky.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 28, 2014, 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsfits
What I mean is the video recorded showed psychedelic colors. From the comments in history it's supposed to be caused by spoiled ribbon cable due to bending/pulling. Is it that fragile?

Unlike you, I do not remove the ribbon cable once I've inserted it. However, I still face the same problem. Maybe it's due to the way I inserted it? If that's in fact the case, then how come it worked properly for a while, and suddenly spoils by itself? Shouldn't it shows psychedelic colors the moment I started using it?

I've contacted the seller eletoponline365 and he (or she? the name is Mandy) said that so far buyers seldom face this issue with new lens modules.

I saw the youtube video of how to insert the ribbon cable and yes I pulled up the white plastic before inserting the ribbon cable (with even sides and not touching the cable itself) and then clipped it back by holding both sides together. I'm not sure if I've done it correctly but yeah, I've ordered my 4th lens module.

I have a #3 for more than a year and have never changed its lens module and it's still working perfectly (albeit the charging cable has failed now, but I have a replacement cable so it's ok). If it's not for the low resolution of #3 I wouldn't have to get the #16... The #26 is still too bulky.
If you have psychedelic colors then the ribbon cable is either damaged or not correctly inserted / seated.
The lens module is, indeed, quite fragile and you have to be very careful when you change it. You should try not to place any strain on the ribbon cable. Most likely the most delicate part is where the cable enters the module, so be very careful not to bend the cable near that area. Normally you shouldn't have any problem changing the lens module once or twice, but it is not designed to be swapped on a weekly basis, for example. If you are already on your 4th lens module I think it would be cheaper to buy two different cameras and forget about swapping the modules
Mar 02, 2014, 02:12 AM
Joe 6-pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank
OK, there's been very little sample clips with the camera in a fixed location with faster moving objects in lower lighting. We know the entire frame can be easily blurred with any camera motion in low light, so your clip might show a different side of the slow shutter in low light. Go ahead and post it.
Here it is ....
Top Gear Raceway - ride along with Chocco (5 min 46 sec)
Mar 02, 2014, 04:34 AM
CURIOSITY Has Landed!
FM,

Even though I only watched 1st and last min of the video, that 'Motocross Madness with Cars' looks like fun.
Though I dunno how quickly I'd get bored with it.

As for the image quality, Hmmm, I dunno could of been better, but good enough considering the said low lighting and all the jumping and bumping the cars were doing.

-B!LL!
Mar 02, 2014, 04:38 AM
Tally Ho!
Just pulled the plug on one for my Surafly Storch.
Mar 02, 2014, 07:35 PM
I've been seeing a lot of these v3 versions with poorly secured sensor backs. The sensor's metal back plate is supposed to have 4 points where the metal is secured by plastic "rivets" (for lack of a better term) they are essentially 4 plastic posts that protrude through holes in the sheet metal backing and then they are subsequently heated and pressed to form a "head" which is supposed to hold the back plate to the plastic housing. Well on 4 of the 7 v3's I've gotten around to taking apart, have had at least 2 of the retaining "rivets"either broken off or simply missing. This caused the backing to separate from the rest of the housing causing the sensor to be misaligned with the lens and also letting light in. I'm now using glue to bond the housing to the back plate on all my 808's. I never had an issue with any of the v2's with this....

Also, has anyone noticed the different lens coating on the v3 with D lens? The v2 D lens had a purplish hue while the v3 has a greenish hue. Its a completely different coating and hopefully it will fix the momentary vertical strip issue when looking into the sun, that the v2 had....
Mar 03, 2014, 04:14 AM
i got my 808 #16v3 today but it doesn't work;

when i connect it to the computer using usb cable it doesn't enter into removable disk mode. when i connect, first a red light comes on for a second and it changes to yellow and stays like that. any ideas?

edit: it's working now. just waited until it's fully charged and it seems it's ok now.
Last edited by kkobra986; Mar 03, 2014 at 05:10 AM.
Mar 03, 2014, 07:24 AM
Fidler & twidler
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkobra986
i got my 808 #16v3 today but it doesn't work;

when i connect it to the computer using usb cable it doesn't enter into removable disk mode. when i connect, first a red light comes on for a second and it changes to yellow and stays like that. any ideas?

edit: it's working now. just waited until it's fully charged and it seems it's ok now.
that one was easy to solve
Mike
Glad all is well for you.
Mar 03, 2014, 12:32 PM
Joe 6-pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramz Innovations
I've been seeing a lot of these v3 versions with poorly secured sensor backs. The sensor's metal back plate is supposed to have 4 points where the metal is secured by plastic "rivets" (for lack of a better term) they are essentially 4 plastic posts that protrude through holes in the sheet metal backing and then they are subsequently heated and pressed to form a "head" which is supposed to hold the back plate to the plastic housing. Well on 4 of the 7 v3's I've gotten around to taking apart, have had at least 2 of the retaining "rivets"either broken off or simply missing. This caused the backing to separate from the rest of the housing causing the sensor to be misaligned with the lens and also letting light in. I'm now using glue to bond the housing to the back plate on all my 808's. I never had an issue with any of the v2's with this....

Also, has anyone noticed the different lens coating on the v3 with D lens? The v2 D lens had a purplish hue while the v3 has a greenish hue. Its a completely different coating and hopefully it will fix the momentary vertical strip issue when looking into the sun, that the v2 had....
Well I guess I'll have to follow this thread since I just ordered a couple more 808's D-lens. My video world is very unstable and this would be a fault in the manufacture of them that as you see in my video would crack for sure.
Mar 03, 2014, 04:16 PM
Got my 808 #16 with lens D in the mail today, from MassiveRC. had it mounted and flying on my X4 as soon as I got in the door. Was a little windy and I wasn't sure how the snow in the air would effect it, but pretty happy with the video quality in the bright white environment.
Hubsan X4 carrying 808 #16 camera in the snow (1 min 9 sec)
Mar 03, 2014, 05:39 PM
What program are you guys using to edit the video files. I have to say that my default video editor Adobe Preimere Pro, just hates the AVI files that come from this little camera. I can render the GoPro files, stuff from my Fuji Xpro-1, X100S, Canon 60D, 5D MkIII, as well as an old Sony HDRSr1. I havebeen doing full motion grahics and video editing for a fre years now, but I cant seem to render decent video from this little camera.

I have seen some incredible video from these cameras right here in this forum, but I am dumbfounded. Any help would be just wonderful.
Mar 03, 2014, 05:57 PM
It's Just a Hobby!

New Problem with V3 keychain

OK, I got my replacement V3 a few days ago. It initially worked fine.

Right up front I want to say I also have a Mobius and it is working fine using all the cables I have.

The V3 is not being recognized by the computer. I have tried three different computers. I also cannot power up the V3 with the memory card (ScanDisk32G) inserted. If I remove the card the V3 powers up and the yellow light blinks asking for a card. I can then insert the card and the camera will record video just fine. I can shut down and watch the videos using and card reader. I have tried all the re-loading instructions on page 1 in the FAQ section. It just will not connect to the PC. I have tried all the Windows fixes. Found it in the Device Manager, right click and uninstall, right click on the computer in Device Manager and select Find and Install new Hardware. I get an error 43. I have three different 32G cards and I have swapped at least two different cards. I have ran out of ideas.

Sudsy
Mar 03, 2014, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by akfreak
What program are you guys using to edit the video files. I have to say that my default video editor Adobe Preimere Pro, just hates the AVI files that come from this little camera. I can render the GoPro files, stuff from my Fuji Xpro-1, X100S, Canon 60D, 5D MkIII, as well as an old Sony HDRSr1. I havebeen doing full motion grahics and video editing for a fre years now, but I cant seem to render decent video from this little camera.

I have seen some incredible video from these cameras right here in this forum, but I am dumbfounded. Any help would be just wonderful.
Out of simplicity I am using Windows Movie Maker, although I do prefer Premiere. Maybe try reloading the firmware and install the .mov firmware instead of the .avi one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudsy
OK, I got my replacement V3 a few days ago. It initially worked fine.

Right up front I want to say I also have a Mobius and it is working fine using all the cables I have.

The V3 is not being recognized by the computer. I have tried three different computers. I also cannot power up the V3 with the memory card (ScanDisk32G) inserted. If I remove the card the V3 powers up and the yellow light blinks asking for a card. I can then insert the card and the camera will record video just fine. I can shut down and watch the videos using and card reader. I have tried all the re-loading instructions on page 1 in the FAQ section. It just will not connect to the PC. I have tried all the Windows fixes. Found it in the Device Manager, right click and uninstall, right click on the computer in Device Manager and select Find and Install new Hardware. I get an error 43. I have three different 32G cards and I have swapped at least two different cards. I have ran out of ideas.

Sudsy
Have you formatted the cards before inserting? might not like whatever file structure other utilities had installed.
Mar 03, 2014, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by akfreak

I tried using Adobe Premiere Pro CS6,
but it was too much of a pain - Compared to using other programs..

I use Sony Vegas Pro 12 now, and it works like a charm!

Sam -
Mar 03, 2014, 07:34 PM
It's Just a Hobby!
Have you formatted the cards before inserting? might not like whatever file structure other utilities had installed.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I can use any of the cards, each one is the exact same ScanDisk ultra 32GB, in the Mobius. I can also get the V3 to record and I can playback the files using a usb disk drive or the card reader that is installed in the front of this notebook PC.

Sudsy

Quick Reply