Jun 17, 2013, 03:20 PM
Dance the skies...
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by camcanuck
Not at all. Just after reading so many posts I am very confused!!!!!!!
The video-out mode is what most use for FPV. It's a composite video signal (no audio), and I think most all FPV gear will accept this as input. The #16 will work this way and will output this signal, even without recording if you want, for as long as you can supply +5V to it's power-in servo connector on the vendor-supplied FPV USB cable.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 17, 2013, 03:33 PM
Hi folks,
Over the clouds with the 808 #16 and the Spy Hawk

Spy Hawk v3 New High Altitude Record - 827 m (2713 ft) AGL - Over the Clouds (13 min 53 sec)
Jun 17, 2013, 09:45 PM
Chasin' that Neon Rainbow
I can't remember which one, but I bought a Tiny OSD 3 and an Aomway 5.8 GHz system, and one of those came with a voltage reducer to put in the line to the camera. Even though the output is 5V I still used the reducer to drop it the best part of another volt. Just gives you the extra protection.
Jun 17, 2013, 10:08 PM
The voltage reducer being your basic diode? If it is already 5 volts, it should be all good, right?
Jun 17, 2013, 10:41 PM
We Begin bombing in 5 Minutes
If you are not sure buy one of thesehttps://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1899033. I put one on mine last weekend and it worked just as advertised 2s to 3s.
Latest blog entry: Freewing V2 Me 262 revival
Jun 18, 2013, 04:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bparini
Hi folks,
Over the clouds with the 808 #16 and the Spy Hawk
You Sir are crazy, but I like it.

Well done with the high altitude.

Amazing orientation skills and good flying, I'm jealous.

I hope you're on my holiday flight if the pilot dies at the stick.
Jun 18, 2013, 06:08 PM
Chasin' that Neon Rainbow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadstick 8409
The voltage reducer being your basic diode? If it is already 5 volts, it should be all good, right?
Correct in all assumptions. However i decided it doesn't hurt to use it and it just adds that little margin of protection. I am now at 4.7 volts as before it was about 5.4 from memory.
Last edited by Grantham Kid; Jun 18, 2013 at 06:15 PM.
Jun 18, 2013, 06:45 PM

time lapse help?

trying out time lapse. Using gui, set a value, write to drive, says successfully updated. Test it out and only get the normal one still when I press the shutter. Go back to the gui and the time lapse parameter is set to off. Any help?
Jun 18, 2013, 09:13 PM
deleted
Last edited by therau2000; Dec 19, 2015 at 08:57 PM.
Jun 18, 2013, 09:29 PM
Jun 18, 2013, 09:34 PM
Dance the skies...
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillBurns
That's an old version. Get the most recent (v3.0.6.7) as well as the latest camera FW (v0.67). The GUI and firmware go together. Run the GUI, load the new FW, then set the parameters.
Jun 18, 2013, 10:12 PM
Mobius Cables... I got em'
Hello everyone,
I just created an actual thread for my 808 regulated cable! That way people dont have to hunt down my FS threads...

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...9#post25308740
Jun 19, 2013, 12:19 AM
yud
yud
Hi,

I would like to ask for help with recording times.
The keycam was purchased about 7 months ago but I have hardly used it. In the past few days I've been doing extensive testing to ensure I have maximum recording time as I will need it this coming weekend.

I've been getting completely erratic recording times: sometimes over an hour, somtimes 35-40min, other times only 2 minutes. All results of 35+ min were done with full battery. Once the recording stops and being resumed I get around 2 mins of recording before it stops again.

My FW is 0.67 MOV
I only use the GUI to perform setup
My card is Sandisk 8GB Class 4

I will need the camera this weekend to record long sessions (I will have an opportunity to charge the battery and empty the card between sessions), so any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Y.
Jun 19, 2013, 12:23 AM
Mobius Cables... I got em'
the internal camera usually will only get 35-40 min, the rare longer ones were probably just luck or a perfect condition for the battery. My recordings range from 30-40 minutes on my 1 year old #16. The 2 min recordings are usually from problems with the battery or charging. For longer runs I would recommend some sort of external power.
Jun 19, 2013, 06:57 AM
Dance the skies...
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by yud
Hi,

I would like to ask for help with recording times.
The keycam was purchased about 7 months ago but I have hardly used it. In the past few days I've been doing extensive testing to ensure I have maximum recording time as I will need it this coming weekend.

I've been getting completely erratic recording times: sometimes over an hour, somtimes 35-40min, other times only 2 minutes. All results of 35+ min were done with full battery. Once the recording stops and being resumed I get around 2 mins of recording before it stops again.

My FW is 0.67 MOV
I only use the GUI to perform setup
My card is Sandisk 8GB Class 4

I will need the camera this weekend to record long sessions (I will have an opportunity to charge the battery and empty the card between sessions), so any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Y.
Did you format the memory card using the camera's internal formatting routine? The GUI can do this for you. It's not likely that it's your battery if you are charging it fully (until the green LED goes out) and then get a mix of long and short recording times after charging each time. I'd also try using a different memory card to see if that affects your results. Or if you have none, test the card you have using the "h2testw" utility program linked in the FAQ on memory cards (post #3) to make sure it has no defects.

Quick Reply