Jan 29, 2018, 03:45 AM
always something to learn...
It survived the move, but one of the wings has a bend to it now. I think some warm air will do the trick. ------Metalguy
to remove ads between posts
Jun 18, 2020, 01:27 PM

will she fly again?

My float conversion suffered a major setback. After a successful takeoff from water I lost sight of her behind a tree - crash boom bang. Lots of pieces now.
But UHU-por will get it fixed. At the same time I plan to add flaps to slow her down without stalling early.

I still wonder why this lovely plane was discontinued so early?

Anybody else flying one of these anymore?
Jun 18, 2020, 02:34 PM
SCCA, EAA, M.E.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rare bird
My float conversion suffered a major setback. After a successful takeoff from water I lost sight of her behind a tree - crash boom bang. Lots of pieces now.
But UHU-por will get it fixed. At the same time I plan to add flaps to slow her down without stalling early.

I still wonder why this lovely plane was discontinued so early?

Anybody else flying one of these anymore?
Bummer.. .You'll get er' fixed up. I like the floats. I still have mine, but haven't flown anything in a while.
Jun 19, 2020, 07:39 AM
Well, this years flying season didn't start as planned. As I have access to a lake I fly almost exclusively waterplanes so far.
Jul 04, 2020, 06:46 AM
I still have mine but I haven't flown anything either since March last year. Models have been moth balled for more than a year while building a new home
Sep 18, 2020, 02:19 PM
always something to learn...
I flew mine this summer. Flies well, but you have to be on your toes!------Metalguy

Quick Reply