This thread is privately moderated by Tim Marks, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 14, 2014, 03:09 PM
Chasing dreams not d competion
Thanks for your reply.
Can I ask why the fuim2 won't work? I thought the only difference was in speed. I guess I expected it to be a software issue.
I'll try and find a uk supplier for the fuim3.
Thanks.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 14, 2014, 03:45 PM
Revolectrix Ambassador
Fuim2 uses an RS232 to USB chip from Prolific. For that particular chip, Prolific made a Vista driver only. While Prolific has updated drivers for Windows7 for some of their chips, I've tested them with the Fuim2 and could not get them to work.
Oct 14, 2014, 05:38 PM
Chasing dreams not d competion
Ah, I understand.
Thank you for your help, much appreciated.
Feb 09, 2015, 11:55 AM
This is BAT country!
Quick question on the software. Thereis no "live" graphing? You can only see the graphs after the cycle? I thought that was a little odd. Am I missing something? Loving my new Powerlab 6 by the way. So easy to use.
Feb 09, 2015, 12:28 PM
Revolectrix Ambassador
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo 1971 View Post
Quick question on the software. Thereis no "live" graphing? You can only see the graphs after the cycle? I thought that was a little odd. Am I missing something? Loving my new Powerlab 6 by the way. So easy to use.
Yes, you can do live graphing. With the PC connected and the CCS open, form the "View Menu", select Graphs. With the graphs window open, use the view menu to select the different graphs (amps, volts, IR, supply voltage,etc)
Feb 09, 2015, 07:38 PM
This is BAT country!
I was charging a pack and went to open the graph. The buttons were unavailable. I will check it out tonight. I thank you!
Feb 10, 2015, 11:36 AM
This is BAT country!
Just wanted to say thanks! I was looking under file. Not view. I figured I was missing something. I just did not think it was so obvious.
Feb 10, 2015, 04:03 PM
Revolectrix Ambassador
Good deal. During charging you can switch between graphs. I like to put the CCS on the left side of the screen showing the cells or supply tab, then put one of the graphs on the right side compliment the data displayed. The same charts are available when viewing saved logs.

If you are really into the data, export a saved graph to TXT and open in your favorite spreadsheet. Lots of detail there.
Feb 10, 2015, 08:56 PM
This is BAT country!
I charged some packs and did a couple packs on the storage cycle. Played with the graphs. I opened the ccs and put it on my second monitor with the graphs. Then watched a movie while building a foamy. Very cool. I really enjoy the pc interface.
Apr 17, 2015, 08:12 PM
Not sure if it's the right thread to ask but rather than created a new one for just one question I prefer to ask in here.
I try to purchase this battery http://www.store.revolectrix.com/CAR...15C-LiPO?ext=F from revolectrix's webstore, when checkout I was prompted that there's no shipping option available to my address. My address is in Jakarta-Indonesia. As far as I know, one of revolextrix's factory is in Batam-Indonesia but they couldn't ship to Indonesia?????
Have try to ask the customer service, got an answer that the lipo that I want is not manufactured in Batam-Indonesia, but even if it does, they could not ship to Indonesia...!
Until know I have purchase 3 battery from hobbyking, (not sure if it came from hongkong or china, but not from Indonesia for sure) they can ship to Indonesia without hassle, so why can't revo ship to Indonesia as well?
I have read lots of review for revo's lipo battery and interested to try one for me, hope this issue can be resolved soon.
Apr 21, 2015, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artob View Post
Not sure if it's the right thread to ask but rather than created a new one for just one question I prefer to ask in here.
I try to purchase this battery http://www.store.revolectrix.com/CAR...15C-LiPO?ext=F from revolectrix's webstore, when checkout I was prompted that there's no shipping option available to my address. My address is in Jakarta-Indonesia. As far as I know, one of revolextrix's factory is in Batam-Indonesia but they couldn't ship to Indonesia?????
Have try to ask the customer service, got an answer that the lipo that I want is not manufactured in Batam-Indonesia, but even if it does, they could not ship to Indonesia...!
Until know I have purchase 3 battery from hobbyking, (not sure if it came from hongkong or china, but not from Indonesia for sure) they can ship to Indonesia without hassle, so why can't revo ship to Indonesia as well?
I have read lots of review for revo's lipo battery and interested to try one for me, hope this issue can be resolved soon.
We are located ass you know in Batam and with Tiki and JNE customes in Batam treat us as international location and charge us 27% for import into Jakarta.
If you are ok with 27% import taxes into Jakarta from Batam then we can ship to you.
Just email us directly
May 08, 2015, 07:31 AM
Sigh...Really?
I find it incredibly baffling that this day and age you guys still cant make a driver to work with WIN 7 for the FUIM2...instead we are told to just buy a new FUIM3.

Its already an industry non-standard charger with the stupid connectors.

I own 2 - multi 4's. I think its high time I buy something that has industry standard connections and support.

Time to buy a Hitec I guess.
May 08, 2015, 07:41 AM

You Shouldn't Hold Back Like That...

Just Come Right Out With It
May 08, 2015, 07:23 PM
Revolectrix Ambassador
The FUIM2 is actually two components. There is USB to RS232 adapter, and a RS232 adapter to charger interface. The issue with W7 is the USB to RS232 adapter and the driver are from the vendor Prolific. Prolific choose to not provide W7 drivers for that particular adapter. Something that FMA could not have foreseen years before Windows 7 was ever released.
  1. Users with RS232 ports on their machines can use a direct connection and skip the Prolific adapter.
  2. Users that have other USB to RS232 adapters (that have updated drivers) can use those .
  3. Users that purchase 3rd party wireless RS232 adapters can have a plug-and-plug wireless CCS experience.
  4. Users that would like higher data rates (faster updates and log savings) can purchase the FUIM3.

Except for the wireless option, none of the options are very expensive ($20 or less).

http://www.store.revolectrix.com/Pro...PowerLab/FUIM3

$14.95 for a modern interface that is smaller and faster. Seems pretty fair to me.
May 09, 2015, 02:12 AM
Can you post an example or link on the wireless option.

That would make my life easier in the shop.

Thanks
Bob