Dec 13, 2011, 03:59 AM
Thread OP
Data

WTco's, Philip W.

Here are some photo's of the Philip W., in WTco. paint. Other WTco tugs, to follow.
Last edited by CaptCB; Dec 26, 2011 at 08:05 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 13, 2011, 04:26 AM
Great shots. Love those Wilmington tugs. Is that the Milton S Patrick or Terminal Island tied up next to Philip W ? Would really appreciate seeing any shots you might have of her.
Dec 13, 2011, 07:39 AM
Great pictures for detail reference .
George
Dec 13, 2011, 01:58 PM
Thread OP

Bill

It's the Long Beach, it had not left yet. Give me some time, as I do have some photo's of the last of those tugs, just before scrapping. CaptCB
Dec 14, 2011, 09:18 AM

San Pedro winch

Most interesting before and after towing winch shots of the San Pedro ...
Not quite so clean looking today ...
Last edited by Tim B.; Dec 14, 2011 at 09:25 AM. Reason: pics
Dec 14, 2011, 02:09 PM
Great shots Captcb, can't get enough. What a treasure trove of documentation, on the Long Beach and San Pedro. Would love to see shots of those old wooden beauties also if possible. Much appreciated !
Dec 18, 2011, 10:23 PM
Thread OP

Bill

I can't seem to find my few shots of the one wooden tug that was left. It was no longer in WT colors, old, and about to be scrapped. It had changed a lot since being built in 1926, as I have seen some of the original builders prints. CaptCB
Dec 20, 2011, 01:48 AM
Keep a Steady Strain....
I sure do miss seeing the W/T tugs and their beautiful paint scheme running around the harbor, darn you Foss Maritime!
Dec 20, 2011, 08:39 AM

History

Guess it's up to us to preserve 'em in scale model form ...
An honor to do so.
Dec 22, 2011, 12:44 AM
Thread OP

WT colors

I don't know any of the guys in the area, that are planning on repainting there models, Green and White. I have talked privately to some of the guys in the harbor, and, just like CapnTroy, almost everyone, miss's seeing the boats. WT, like the Old Fireboat #2, and it's Firehouse, are history. CaptCB
Dec 22, 2011, 09:43 AM
We appreciate the pics, priceless tech references.
Dec 22, 2011, 11:43 AM
Thread OP

Thanks,

I thought others, that never got to see some of LA's maritime history in person, should get to see some of it. I have been able to shoot probably thousands of photo's, and have had access to, or been on, quite a few boats. CB
Dec 22, 2011, 12:10 PM
r/c ships and workboats
Quote:
Originally Posted by capntroy
I sure do miss seeing the W/T tugs and their beautiful paint scheme running around the harbor, darn you Foss Maritime!
Have to agree with ya Troy that these boats did look better in their original color scheme, even though I am a Foss fan.
Dec 22, 2011, 12:32 PM
I still haven't decided, I have both a Philip W. and a San Pedro in Q, still have time to decide.
I hear some folks don't care for the AMNAV livery ...

Quick Reply