Thread Tools
Old Feb 09, 2012, 09:24 AM
Funky Diver is offline
Find More Posts by Funky Diver
Look Sideways at Polarisation
Funky Diver's Avatar
There are two pairs, one with X8 burnt into them and another with just two holes.

The smaller of hte two I've glued into the wing covers, the larger into the body. Then drilled a hole through both where they meet through the hole in the wing to make a dowel plug lock to keep the wing on.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 09, 2012, 09:35 AM
Bauf is offline
Find More Posts by Bauf
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky Diver View Post
There are two pairs, one with X8 burnt into them and another with just two holes.

The smaller of hte two I've glued into the wing covers, the larger into the body. Then drilled a hole through both where they meet through the hole in the wing to make a dowel plug lock to keep the wing on.
aah.. ofc, i see that now. Are you making a buildblog for yours?
Old Feb 09, 2012, 09:46 AM
s6100021 is offline
Find More Posts by s6100021
Registered User
hi guys
here is my setup for X8 and its ready to fly , i will test it tomorrow , but i used skywalker motor with 4s,5000 ,











Old Feb 09, 2012, 09:51 AM
Bauf is offline
Find More Posts by Bauf
Registered User
wow,very nice. what did you do with the wings to lock them in place?
Old Feb 09, 2012, 09:59 AM
Funky Diver is offline
Find More Posts by Funky Diver
Look Sideways at Polarisation
Funky Diver's Avatar
Indeed, very nice setup

I'm no where near that stage, but then I'm doing "extra" work on mine (I don't own a GoPro, so had to make space for my camera) and other stuff.
Old Feb 09, 2012, 10:13 AM
fpvnick is offline
Find More Posts by fpvnick
My other vehicle is unmanned
fpvnick's Avatar
Wow! that was quick cant wait to see some more video of this bird in the air nice one. what are you going for with the CofG? I want to know this before I build my one so I can position equipment right first time I donít want lots of excess wire trailing around all over the place.... and my misses would go nuts if I was building my plane on the carpet lol
Old Feb 09, 2012, 10:16 AM
RolandS888 is online now
Find More Posts by RolandS888
Outta Sight
I'd like to see some actual instructions, but I think the photos here already tell enough of the story.

And the 64,000 dollar question is..........where is the C of G ??

I was looking for some marks or 'bumps' as indicators, but all I can find is two lumps next to the servo cut outs, is that where it balances?

Well done s6100021, thanks for posting the photos, i hope to have one in the air early next week. edit (bloody hell Nick, we were typing at the same time. Great minds...etc etc.)
Old Feb 09, 2012, 10:51 AM
s6100021 is offline
Find More Posts by s6100021
Registered User
i don't know what am going to do with c of g , but i will find out the first flight test ,am going to but the battery as mentioned below , hopeful will be balanced .



Bauf , I'm going to use screw 2 lock the wing
Old Feb 09, 2012, 11:46 AM
zkilzz is offline
Find More Posts by zkilzz
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by s6100021 View Post
hi guys
here is my setup for X8 and its ready to fly , i will test it tomorrow , but i used skywalker motor with 4s,5000 ,
Sweet! Forget the plane, nice house and cars
Old Feb 09, 2012, 01:20 PM
Angelos is offline
Find More Posts by Angelos
Registered User
Angelos's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpvnick View Post
what are you going for with the CofG?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RolandS888 View Post
IAnd the 64,000 dollar question is..........where is the C of G ??
I haven't got mine assembled yet to take accurate measurements. But if you fill the values here it will tell you where the CoG should be http://fwcg.3dzone.dk/ Ignore the bit of the fuselage that sticks out the front and back. Just imagine the leading and trailing edges of the wing extending and meeting each other at the middle.

EDIT: The CoG value you get from the calculator you have to apply it from the point where the leading edges intersect. Not the nose of the fuselage. Basically you have to imagine that the fuselage does not exist for the purpose of all measurements.

-Angelos
Last edited by Angelos; Feb 09, 2012 at 01:30 PM.
Old Feb 09, 2012, 01:35 PM
Daemon is online now
Find More Posts by Daemon
Registered User
Daemon's Avatar
For whatever it's worth, because the joiner box in the wing is such a critical strength area, I plan to
glue both flat plywood pieces in to it solidly. That way the shorter end will plug into into the fuse
rather than the longer end into the wing as above. I'll probably just secure the wing with tape.

The CG should be somewhere between the finger holes on the bottom.

ian
Old Feb 09, 2012, 01:52 PM
AussieHoppy is online now
Find More Posts by AussieHoppy
what goes up, must come down..
AussieHoppy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RolandS888 View Post
I'd like to see some actual instructions, but I think the photos here already tell enough of the story.

And the 64,000 dollar question is..........where is the C of G ??

I was looking for some marks or 'bumps' as indicators, but all I can find is two lumps next to the servo cut outs, is that where it balances?

Well done s6100021, thanks for posting the photos, i hope to have one in the air early next week. edit (bloody hell Nick, we were typing at the same time. Great minds...etc etc.)
hey Roland... is this going to be your next OBC contender?
Old Feb 09, 2012, 07:26 PM
RolandS888 is online now
Find More Posts by RolandS888
Outta Sight
Unlikely, but once its in the air I will be loading it up with ballast and see how much its happy carrying.
Might need a bungy launch once it gets to a few kg in weight.
I'm not impressed with the elevons, they are quite thin, might be some strengthening needed in there.
Last edited by RolandS888; Feb 09, 2012 at 11:19 PM.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 06:09 AM
fpvnick is offline
Find More Posts by fpvnick
My other vehicle is unmanned
fpvnick's Avatar
ian that was my thoughts on c of g last night when i was looking at it. To start with its gota balance in your hand when launching so as you say somewhere in the finger holes has to be a good point to start from.

i think i will glass the elevons i have some epoxy and 50g glass maby even a carbon rod along the rear edge to stop twist?
Old Feb 10, 2012, 07:15 AM
Carlos230023 is offline
Find More Posts by Carlos230023
um.. yeah, I can make that fly
Carlos230023's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpvnick View Post
ian that was my thoughts on c of g last night when i was looking at it. To start with its gota balance in your hand when launching so as you say somewhere in the finger holes has to be a good point to start from.

i think i will glass the elevons i have some epoxy and 50g glass maby even a carbon rod along the rear edge to stop twist?
50g glass will keep them straight and true. I shouldn't think it'd need carbon as well. I'd use 2 layers of 25g glass though if you've got it.

CJ


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product X8---new 2.4GHz Radio System ASSAN Radios 5744 Oct 11, 2016 01:30 AM
For Sale Assan 2.4 ghz X8 6ch receiver Brand New Scooter33 Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 2 Oct 12, 2011 10:34 AM
Discussion Any info regarding this x8 setup?Better than coax x8? sjak Multirotor Talk 11 Aug 14, 2011 09:33 AM
Sold New Assan Module X8 2.4 for JR Tx norstaroption Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 6 Nov 21, 2009 06:42 AM
Sold New - 4 (Four) ASSAN X8 R6 6Ch 2.4GHz Receivers - $105 EyeFlyPlanes Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 0 Oct 20, 2008 03:39 AM