May 04, 2013, 09:19 AM

parachute for x8

This is the description of a parachute system for x8 skywalker wing. decided to upload this video because there were many questions about how the system worked, I hope this video respunda many of your questions for x8 users

parachute for x8 (4 min 11 sec)
to remove ads between posts
May 06, 2013, 05:35 AM
I love it, try this one excelent plane and glider deleted dear friends thanks for your support
Last edited by gtlavin56; May 07, 2013 at 06:56 PM.
May 06, 2013, 04:51 PM

checking CG

Would appreciate any post references or suggestions about an easy/practical method to verify CG. Is there a special or home made tool?
May 06, 2013, 04:51 PM
Finger tips work for me.
May 06, 2013, 05:01 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon
Finger tips work for me.
Yup, same here. I did buy one of these a while back ...................
http://www.snhobbies.com/product_inf...5c1c26c22c03f2

However, for a big plane like this one, using your finger tips is much easier, quicker does the job. For smaller planes where a precise balance is important, I'll use the balancer.
May 06, 2013, 05:53 PM
null
Last edited by Zedtwitz; Mar 12, 2020 at 05:13 AM.
May 07, 2013, 04:13 AM
Hopefully that isn't for a folding prop.
May 07, 2013, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xviper
Yup, same here. I did buy one of these a while back ...................
http://www.snhobbies.com/product_inf...5c1c26c22c03f2

However, for a big plane like this one, using your finger tips is much easier, quicker does the job. For smaller planes where a precise balance is important, I'll use the balancer.
Thank you guys..
May 10, 2013, 06:03 AM
Well I maidened my X8 yesterday. I was able to successfully wing launch it. It took a couple tries to figure out the best technique. The first 3 attempts were with 4s 8000mah and while holding it about 6 inches from the wing tip. It didn't work but I was launching over about 4 feet tall wheat so it just ended up with a bent nose that can be fixed.

I finally got it in the air by holding it about a foot from the center of the fuse for launch and using a 4s 5300mah battery. I also am running a smaller prop that I think I need (11x10) but it is producing about 700 watts. I have a larger prop on the way which my help with some static thrust to get it in the air even easier. I will try the 4s 8000 with the new prop.

Otherwise it flies great, takes a mile to land and flutters at top speed.

I will be looking for something to help slow it down. Split ailerons, air brake or something.
May 10, 2013, 07:44 AM
The Flying Circus
Quote:
Originally Posted by techspy
Well I maidened my X8 yesterday. I was able to successfully wing launch it. It took a couple tries to figure out the best technique. The first 3 attempts were with 4s 8000mah and while holding it about 6 inches from the wing tip. It didn't work but I was launching over about 4 feet tall wheat so it just ended up with a bent nose that can be fixed.

I finally got it in the air by holding it about a foot from the center of the fuse for launch and using a 4s 5300mah battery. I also am running a smaller prop that I think I need (11x10) but it is producing about 700 watts. I have a larger prop on the way which my help with some static thrust to get it in the air even easier. I will try the 4s 8000 with the new prop.

Otherwise it flies great, takes a mile to land and flutters at top speed.

I will be looking for something to help slow it down. Split ailerons, air brake or something.
HK airbrakes work well
May 10, 2013, 07:56 AM
The ones that pop straight up? I remember seeing that being a possibility but there was a question of it causing unintentional pitch. Has it been tested and shown to work correctly?
May 10, 2013, 08:02 AM
When a hobby gets a passion
Quote:
flutters at top speed.
Follow Deamons guide for wing enforcement. No flutter.
May 10, 2013, 09:34 PM
The Flying Circus
Quote:
The ones that pop straight up? I remember seeing that being a possibility but there was a question of it causing unintentional pitch. Has it been tested and shown to work correctly?
These work just fine
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Search=spoiler
I use flight stabilization so pitch is not a problem, but without stabilization I get nose dropping a bit on deployment, which isnt a problem.
She comes down quite quickly.https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...8&d=1358658441
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...9&d=1358658441
May 10, 2013, 10:57 PM
FPV in Hawaii
Has anyone tried twin rudders on the winglets? If so, has anyone tried to use them opposing each other to act as speed brakes?
May 11, 2013, 01:04 AM
Psalm 37:4
Quote:
Originally Posted by iskess
Has anyone tried twin rudders on the winglets? If so, has anyone tried to use them opposing each other to act as speed brakes?
Here is one on YouTube:
X8 drag-rudder/brake (left wing) (0 min 50 sec)

Quick Reply