RCGroups - my happy place
Yeah, a manual!! I can finally start my X-8 build

http://www.bevrc.com/download/skywal...8%20manual.doc
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 16, 2012, 02:32 AM
Find More Posts by Gatos
www.eahk.gr at Iraklion Grete
Hi guys

Can you tell me plz a site to buy X8 in Europe or Worldwide with low shipping cost ?

TY
Old Sep 16, 2012, 02:43 AM
Find More Posts by xviper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatos View Post
Hi guys

Can you tell me plz a site to buy X8 in Europe or Worldwide with low shipping cost ?

TY
They used to ship free if your order is over $200.00. Just buy something worth $1.00 or more. Check to see if they still do it.
http://www.bevrc.com/font-colorff000...omer_p287.html
Old Sep 16, 2012, 03:08 AM
Find More Posts by Wolf_gsxr
They do but it won't work for the x8 because it weighs more that the 3kg cutoff point.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 03:41 AM
Find More Posts by dave2046
dave2525

X8 build so far

Here's a few pics of my build.... bit by bit each week until I have all the components

I have made some modifications, can't wait to see if they work
Old Sep 16, 2012, 04:05 AM
Find More Posts by rcmonster99
Houba ! Houba !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave2046 View Post
Here's a few pics of my build.... bit by bit each week until I have all the components

I have made some modifications, can't wait to see if they work
interesting and brave conversions. I like the front dome...
How did you manage to match the rear contour of the plane for the foam engine support ? Are you just relying on the foam block to hold your engine ?
Old Sep 16, 2012, 04:54 AM
Find More Posts by sap_2000
Artic jetflyer
When putting the motor that high above the venter line of the plane it will pitch down a lot at low air speeds with high power setting. Launching would be very difficult I guess.
Tilt the motor up about 5 degrees to compensate.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 06:09 AM
dave2525
I cut then sanded a block of eps down to a rough shape, then I attached sandpaper to the fuselage and sanded the eps against it to get the final sqhape.
I have a carbon fibre plate for the motor mount and I will be "sealing" the new foam mount with a vinyl skin tightly bonded around the fuselage.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 06:10 AM
Houba ! Houba !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave2046 View Post
I cut then sanded a block of eps down to a rough shape, then I attached sandpaper to the fuselage and sanded the eps against it to get the final sqhape.
I have a carbon fibre plate for the motor mount and I will be "sealing" the new foam mount with a vinyl skin tightly bonded around the fuselage.
clever
Old Sep 16, 2012, 05:19 PM
Find More Posts by toubab
Auxerre - France
I wouldName: CANAL ET PISTE.jpg
Views: 182
Size: 203.7 KB
Description:

Name: CANNA1.jpg
Views: 168
Size: 157.7 KB
Description:

Name: CLUB ET CANAL.jpg
Views: 155
Size: 204.7 KB
Description: like to share some pict and video with you made today in my club.

I have put 2 air brakes on the wings and the result in flight is just more then what I expected.
They are working perfectly .
I also did a mixage to use them as a rudder. It is working too but not so much.
The plane start to turn like a with real rudder and then turn on the wing like eleron.
It is better when I compensate with aileron in the opposite direction.
Anyway I am very happy about it.
Also as you can see there is a wheel.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 05:27 PM
Find More Posts by toubab
Auxerre - France
video will be tomorow .
Old Sep 16, 2012, 05:33 PM
Houba ! Houba !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by toubab View Post
video will be tomorow .
j'espere que tu nous montrera la fonction des aerofreins. belles photos
Old Sep 16, 2012, 07:08 PM
dave2525
Quote:
Originally Posted by toubab View Post

I have put 2 air brakes on the wings and the result in flight is just more then what I expected.
They are working perfectly .
I also did a mixage to use them as a rudder. It is working too but not so much.
The plane start to turn like a with real rudder and then turn on the wing like eleron.
It is better when I compensate with aileron in the opposite direction.
Anyway I am very happy about it.
Also as you can see there is a wheel.
I am VERY interested in seeing this setup and how it all works... please feel free to make a video on your X8 demonstrating the working components and info on how/ where/ why you installed them... good to hear other people trying new things with their personal setups
Old Sep 16, 2012, 08:42 PM
Find More Posts by jcarff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf_gsxr View Post
They do but it won't work for the x8 because it weighs more that the 3kg cutoff point.
The over $200 part seems to be the most important, I ordered my x8 less than a month ago, added a couple deans connectors to bring the price over $200. As soon as I did, free shipping appeared, and even though the shipping weight said 4kg, it shipped out with free shipping and was at my door step in 11 days. So I got an X8 from bevrc for a total of $201 shipped to the US.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 11:20 PM
Find More Posts by xviper
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarff View Post
The over $200 part seems to be the most important, I ordered my x8 less than a month ago, added a couple deans connectors to bring the price over $200. As soon as I did, free shipping appeared, and even though the shipping weight said 4kg, it shipped out with free shipping and was at my door step in 11 days. So I got an X8 from bevrc for a total of $201 shipped to the US.
Good to know they still do it. That's the way I got mine months ago.