Thread Tools
Old Sep 15, 2012, 01:46 AM
KiwiKid is online now
Find More Posts by KiwiKid
RCGroups - my happy place
KiwiKid's Avatar
Yeah, a manual!! I can finally start my X-8 build

http://www.bevrc.com/download/skywal...8%20manual.doc
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 16, 2012, 02:32 AM
Gatos is offline
Find More Posts by Gatos
www.eahk.gr at Iraklion Grete
Gatos's Avatar
Hi guys

Can you tell me plz a site to buy X8 in Europe or Worldwide with low shipping cost ?

TY
Old Sep 16, 2012, 02:43 AM
xviper is online now
Find More Posts by xviper
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatos View Post
Hi guys

Can you tell me plz a site to buy X8 in Europe or Worldwide with low shipping cost ?

TY
They used to ship free if your order is over $200.00. Just buy something worth $1.00 or more. Check to see if they still do it.
http://www.bevrc.com/font-colorff000...omer_p287.html
Old Sep 16, 2012, 03:08 AM
Wolf_gsxr is offline
Find More Posts by Wolf_gsxr
Registered User
They do but it won't work for the x8 because it weighs more that the 3kg cutoff point.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 03:41 AM
dave2046 is offline
Find More Posts by dave2046
dave2525
dave2046's Avatar

X8 build so far


Here's a few pics of my build.... bit by bit each week until I have all the components

I have made some modifications, can't wait to see if they work
Old Sep 16, 2012, 04:05 AM
rcmonster99 is offline
Find More Posts by rcmonster99
Houba ! Houba !!
rcmonster99's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave2046 View Post
Here's a few pics of my build.... bit by bit each week until I have all the components

I have made some modifications, can't wait to see if they work
interesting and brave conversions. I like the front dome...
How did you manage to match the rear contour of the plane for the foam engine support ? Are you just relying on the foam block to hold your engine ?
Old Sep 16, 2012, 04:54 AM
sap_2000 is offline
Find More Posts by sap_2000
Artic jetflyer
sap_2000's Avatar
When putting the motor that high above the venter line of the plane it will pitch down a lot at low air speeds with high power setting. Launching would be very difficult I guess.
Tilt the motor up about 5 degrees to compensate.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 06:09 AM
dave2046 is offline
Find More Posts by dave2046
dave2525
dave2046's Avatar
I cut then sanded a block of eps down to a rough shape, then I attached sandpaper to the fuselage and sanded the eps against it to get the final sqhape.
I have a carbon fibre plate for the motor mount and I will be "sealing" the new foam mount with a vinyl skin tightly bonded around the fuselage.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 06:10 AM
rcmonster99 is offline
Find More Posts by rcmonster99
Houba ! Houba !!
rcmonster99's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave2046 View Post
I cut then sanded a block of eps down to a rough shape, then I attached sandpaper to the fuselage and sanded the eps against it to get the final sqhape.
I have a carbon fibre plate for the motor mount and I will be "sealing" the new foam mount with a vinyl skin tightly bonded around the fuselage.
clever
Old Sep 16, 2012, 05:19 PM
toubab is offline
Find More Posts by toubab
Auxerre - France
toubab's Avatar
I wouldName: CANAL ET PISTE.jpg
Views: 182
Size: 203.7 KB
Description:

Name: CANNA1.jpg
Views: 168
Size: 157.7 KB
Description:

Name: CLUB ET CANAL.jpg
Views: 155
Size: 204.7 KB
Description: like to share some pict and video with you made today in my club.

I have put 2 air brakes on the wings and the result in flight is just more then what I expected.
They are working perfectly .
I also did a mixage to use them as a rudder. It is working too but not so much.
The plane start to turn like a with real rudder and then turn on the wing like eleron.
It is better when I compensate with aileron in the opposite direction.
Anyway I am very happy about it.
Also as you can see there is a wheel.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 05:27 PM
toubab is offline
Find More Posts by toubab
Auxerre - France
toubab's Avatar
video will be tomorow .
Old Sep 16, 2012, 05:33 PM
rcmonster99 is offline
Find More Posts by rcmonster99
Houba ! Houba !!
rcmonster99's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by toubab View Post
video will be tomorow .
j'espere que tu nous montrera la fonction des aerofreins. belles photos
Old Sep 16, 2012, 07:08 PM
dave2046 is offline
Find More Posts by dave2046
dave2525
dave2046's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by toubab View Post

I have put 2 air brakes on the wings and the result in flight is just more then what I expected.
They are working perfectly .
I also did a mixage to use them as a rudder. It is working too but not so much.
The plane start to turn like a with real rudder and then turn on the wing like eleron.
It is better when I compensate with aileron in the opposite direction.
Anyway I am very happy about it.
Also as you can see there is a wheel.
I am VERY interested in seeing this setup and how it all works... please feel free to make a video on your X8 demonstrating the working components and info on how/ where/ why you installed them... good to hear other people trying new things with their personal setups
Old Sep 16, 2012, 08:42 PM
jcarff is offline
Find More Posts by jcarff
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf_gsxr View Post
They do but it won't work for the x8 because it weighs more that the 3kg cutoff point.
The over $200 part seems to be the most important, I ordered my x8 less than a month ago, added a couple deans connectors to bring the price over $200. As soon as I did, free shipping appeared, and even though the shipping weight said 4kg, it shipped out with free shipping and was at my door step in 11 days. So I got an X8 from bevrc for a total of $201 shipped to the US.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 11:20 PM
xviper is online now
Find More Posts by xviper
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarff View Post
The over $200 part seems to be the most important, I ordered my x8 less than a month ago, added a couple deans connectors to bring the price over $200. As soon as I did, free shipping appeared, and even though the shipping weight said 4kg, it shipped out with free shipping and was at my door step in 11 days. So I got an X8 from bevrc for a total of $201 shipped to the US.
Good to know they still do it. That's the way I got mine months ago.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product X8---new 2.4GHz Radio System ASSAN Radios 5744 Oct 11, 2016 01:30 AM
For Sale Assan 2.4 ghz X8 6ch receiver Brand New Scooter33 Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 2 Oct 12, 2011 10:34 AM
Discussion Any info regarding this x8 setup?Better than coax x8? sjak Multirotor Talk 11 Aug 14, 2011 09:33 AM
Sold New Assan Module X8 2.4 for JR Tx norstaroption Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 6 Nov 21, 2009 06:42 AM
Sold New - 4 (Four) ASSAN X8 R6 6Ch 2.4GHz Receivers - $105 EyeFlyPlanes Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 0 Oct 20, 2008 03:39 AM