Jun 10, 2012, 10:03 AM
DS state of origin NSW Vs QLD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote64
Good tip, anyone know of any possible replacement bearings of better quality ?
Your best bet is wait till you get it, Check them you might get lucky , If not pull them out and measure them, Look on ebay at some heli parts places. Anythings going to be better than whats in them lol

The measurements are specified like this for eg. 5x11x5 which means 5mm i/d11mm o/d and 5mm width. Hope that helps.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 10, 2012, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest12
My experience with the Aerodrives sk3's have been mixed. Very efficient, but bearing quality is horrible, Maybe look at replacements and have a nice motor.
Yup, I think what you do get when you buy a 'branded' motor, is guaranteed quality and consistency and the reassurance of simply knowing that what you've ordered, is what you'll get. e.g. none of the "ordering a 530kv motor labelled as 530kv, but only realising after it doesn't perform as expected, that'll they've fitted the wrong stator."

I think a good HobbyKing motor can perform great - but you do need to keep your fingers crossed that what turns-up, is what you asked for.
Jun 10, 2012, 11:29 AM
Can anyone who have already flown his X8 share the motor thrust angle with me?
Chris
Jun 10, 2012, 12:37 PM
Stock angle of the foam that the motor mount is glued to, which as far as I can tell is zero.

ian
Jun 10, 2012, 12:56 PM
Thanks Ian.
Mine is not zero it is ~3 or 4 degrees.
Chris
Jun 10, 2012, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrix
Thanks Ian.
Mine is not zero it is ~3 or 4 degrees.
Chris
Measured how, relative to what? I have an unbuilt X8 here, and if I lay a large carpenter
square on the center seam with the tip of the right angle on the edge of the mounting
surface, and then lay a straight edge against the square across that edge, I see zero degrees
at on the top half, and maybe a degree of down angle on the bottom half. Certainly not
3-4 degrees anywhere.

ian
Jun 10, 2012, 01:40 PM
It may well be a building mistake of mine as it looks like the motor plywood plate is pressed flat against the foam but i can't see it well.
When i look the motor from the side and comparing it with the fuselage end it has a ~3 degree up thrust.
It can be rectified with a couple washers on the top two mounting holes.
Jun 10, 2012, 01:56 PM
I checked again and the thrust line looks exactly in line with the fuselage centerline
(where the two fuselage halves meet)
It looks like the 3 degree angle is an illusion because the lower fuselage half's end lip is somewhat shorter than the upper half 's lip by 2 mm
and if you compare the motor with the fuselage end it gives a false reading.
Chris
Jun 10, 2012, 02:00 PM
Yep.
Jun 10, 2012, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote64
Good tip, anyone know of any possible replacement bearings of better quality ?
In the event you need to replace the bearings, two suppliers that are well regarded in the RC heli world (where there are a lot of bearings in play that are frequently being replaced) are as follows:

http://www.rcbearings.com/
http://www.bocabearings.com/

Good luck!
Jun 10, 2012, 02:31 PM
Praying for better weather
Thanks very much
Jun 10, 2012, 02:32 PM
X8 wing, Maiden Fpv (4 min 30 sec)

Here's a video of my flight yesterday.. The flight was kinda short cus of the pan servo controlling the fpv cam stopped working.. so had to land after about 10min.
But was a nice view from up there and awesome weather..
Loving the rvosd5, made my day.. entire flight was with FBW, and you can see in the video that i turned off the fbw as im about to land, almost lost control of the plane right away.. Was so used to fbw mode
Jun 10, 2012, 04:07 PM
DS state of origin NSW Vs QLD
Wow you have a beautiful place to fly,
Jun 10, 2012, 09:00 PM

Maiden

I had my black X8 maiden yesterday.
Was very nervous but it went far better than I ever imagined.
This is the smoothest and easiest to fly plane I have ever flown.
However, it is the hardest to land plane I have ever flown.
When it gets down into the ground effect it just keeps gliding and gliding and gliding forever.
On a no wind day, it took me around 150 meters to land it.
Next step is to add an APM2 and try with stabilisation, not that it needs it.
Very impressed!!!
Everyone else at the field wants one now.
Jun 11, 2012, 01:24 AM
Finally a some nice weather i Lofoten.
My X8 is back in the air after some minor accidents.

Surfing the Mountains with my X8 (10 min 10 sec)

Quick Reply