Dec 11, 2011, 06:56 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Newbie Project, Looking for advice, NEED HELP!!!

Just got my first box of parts for my multi rotor copter. I have assemblied my servo wires for the main board to the receiver. I have pressed all the motor shafts out to put the blades on. Now I am waiting for the frame to arrive tomorrow. I also had to order a few more parts from HobbyKing. I ordered 3.5mm bullet connectors, but I think I need 2mm. Also, I busted one of the housing on a motor while pressing it. And some little odds and ends. But I'm going to post some pictures. I also got some blue LED lights to attach. If anyone has the HobbyKing V2 Control Board, I could use some pointers.
Last edited by stncld74; Dec 12, 2011 at 11:09 PM. Reason: Change Title
to remove ads between posts
Dec 11, 2011, 07:03 PM
Thread OP
I ordered the DIY Drones ArduCopter 3DR Quad Frame Kit. I also have the HobbyKing Mini Quadcopter plywood frame due to arrive later in the week. I wasn't sure if the motors are going to work with an aluminum frame. I might have to invest in other motors and ESC.
Dec 12, 2011, 11:08 PM
Thread OP
Well, I got the frame in today and started wiring everything up. I ran across a problem. I can't get the HobbyKing Quadcopter board to power up. I have read the instructions over and over, But I just can't figure it out. Someone please help.
Dec 13, 2011, 09:01 AM
Emress
Quote:
Originally Posted by stncld74
Well, I got the frame in today and started wiring everything up. I ran across a problem. I can't get the HobbyKing Quadcopter board to power up. I have read the instructions over and over, But I just can't figure it out. Someone please help.
it is powered by a ESC connected to one of the sets of pins on the board. it need 5v

hook up a ESC, or 5v to the labeled pins on the right (5v--VCC red, GND black are the minimum) when you hook all the ESCs for the final run, only connect 5v from one of the ESCs(if you connect all of them, it creates competition between the Vregs on the ESCs
Dec 14, 2011, 02:39 PM
Thread OP
Thanks, I finally got it. I got the newest 4.7 version on the board and now all it wants to do is flip backward upon take off.
Dec 14, 2011, 03:02 PM
I'm not really familiar with the HK board but do you have trained your ESCs and all engines/ props are running in the correct direction?
Dec 14, 2011, 03:40 PM
Thread OP
Yes. I had it going great last night and somebody said I should upgrade the firmware and it when all crazy. So, I guess I need to start over and tweak it again.
Dec 15, 2011, 06:18 AM
Suspended Account
after upgrading software did you check to make sure esc connection were correct? in x mode at least 4.7 changes the esc connections if all else fails go back to working firmware
Dec 15, 2011, 06:51 AM
Mmmmmmm!
From KKs topic, this is for 4.7X:

X-mode setup:
Motor 1: front left, CW
Motor 2: back left, CCW
Motor 3: Front right, CCW
Motor 4: Back right, CW

Note the different motor order, for some stupid reason he changed it in 4.7

For me motor 4 never worked as it should with the 4.7X firmware, so I used a different one. Maybe it'll work for you. If you notice that connection 4 doesn't spin up the motor properly, just don't bother and change firmware.
Dec 15, 2011, 06:59 AM
Thread OP
I couldn't get it working, So I changed back to v4.5, I got it flying but all it wants to do is spin. I turned the yaw down all the way on the pot and almost all the way right on my transmitter and it still want to turn a little. Where does the pot need to be when you put firmware on the board.
Dec 15, 2011, 07:00 AM
Thread OP
Do they need to be on 0 or 50%, or does it even matter
Dec 15, 2011, 09:35 PM
Thread OP
OK. Now I think I am worse off then before. I did something last night and now all the thing will do when I plug up the battery is one single beep every couple seconds. Somebody Help.
Dec 15, 2011, 09:47 PM
Emress
"did something"
not very helpful for use to help you
Dec 16, 2011, 12:35 AM
Is your board armed? If not, that may explain the beeping.

Reverse your yaw gyro and see if it helps with the flying.

Quick Reply