Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor
Old Dec 11, 2011, 12:02 AM
Find More Posts by Adidas4275
manual flying apologist
Question

Firmware Updater will connect but setup utility does not

Hey guys I am just now getting to hooking my green v1 pro board back up after I hooked up the 12v line wrong and popped the 5v reg.

so all looks well, i get the flashing green light but it is will not arm.

so i wanted to look at the diag tab in setup utility and i cannot get the utility to connect to the board.

This definitely could be a problem that was caused by me blowing the 5v line.... but it seems to work, green light, beeping and such, purple light with no RX.

I am using a windows 7 PC x64 and downloaded the driver and restarted.

what is weird is that i can flash it with the flash program and it connects.

anyone else run across this before?
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 11, 2011, 12:09 AM
Find More Posts by Adidas4275
manual flying apologist
well i got it to connect,

I uninstalled the driver, restarted, unplugged the usb, reinstalled the driver, plugged in the usb and then restarted and then it connected.

not sure what happened, but atleast i got one problem figured out, on to the next one
================================================== ======================================

Okay I spoke to soon, I figured out my AR8000 was part of the issue (perhaps another casualty of reverse polarity) but now the damn setup utility isnt connecting unless I uninstall the driver, restart and reinstall.

anyone else have this issue with the setup utility?
Last edited by Adidas4275; Dec 11, 2011 at 12:32 AM.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 11:14 AM
Find More Posts by photronix
Al Ducharme
Check and make sure that no anti-virus software is running.

Also, in setup you sometimes switch tabs and then re-connect.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 02:04 PM
Find More Posts by RC Man
A man with too many toys
Quote:
Originally Posted by photronix View Post
Check and make sure that no anti-virus software is running.

I run Norton (Symantec) Internet Security/anti-virus 100% of the time and have never had a problem installing or running any FP programs.

Old Dec 12, 2011, 10:47 AM
Find More Posts by photronix
Al Ducharme
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man View Post
I run Norton (Symantec) Internet Security/anti-virus 100% of the time and have never had a problem installing or running any FP programs.

I run similar and also have never had a problem. However, sometimes the solution to any software not running correctly is the anti-virus software.