New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Dec 10, 2011, 06:44 PM
BigD1961 is offline
Find More Posts by BigD1961
Team OFG (Old Fat Guys)
BigD1961's Avatar
Discussion

Magnum Reloaded


I saw this plane on one of the threads ( not a build thread, just some pics at a fly in) and think it's a great plane to try for my first scratchbuild. I found some plans and some pictures here and there, but I am sure someone has a thread on here about it. Does anyone know where one might be?
I am looking for motor and servo advice, what type(s) of foam to use, etcetera.
Thanks gang.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 10, 2011, 07:47 PM
rchank is offline
Find More Posts by rchank
I used to like trees
rchank's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD1961 View Post
I saw this plane on one of the threads ( not a build thread, just some pics at a fly in) and think it's a great plane to try for my first scratchbuild. I found some plans and some pictures here and there, but I am sure someone has a thread on here about it. Does anyone know where one might be?
I am looking for motor and servo advice, what type(s) of foam to use, etcetera.
Thanks gang.
Kind of looks like EPP foam. I'm sure someone here can point you in the right direction on the model. That Barbie head in the 3rd plane is funny.
Old Dec 10, 2011, 10:20 PM
Wilfor is offline
Find More Posts by Wilfor
RC Adddict
Wilfor's Avatar
Thats the first time ive seen it and i dont remember seeing it in the 500 planes with pics thread either . Anyone else ??
Old Dec 11, 2011, 12:12 AM
Whiskers is offline
Find More Posts by Whiskers
Build straight - Fly twisty
Whiskers's Avatar
Here it is:
http://ysfc.weblogs.jp/main/2010/11/...3489852b3b970c

Young ones these days don't know how to search. Now in my day, mumble mumble tut tut...
Old Dec 11, 2011, 03:18 AM
SpaceDrydock-22 is offline
Find More Posts by SpaceDrydock-22
"Use the foam, Luke!"
SpaceDrydock-22's Avatar

Reload your search


http://www.google.fi/#hl=fi&cp=15&gs...iw=853&bih=460

Old Dec 11, 2011, 03:21 AM
LarryCnAZ is offline
Find More Posts by LarryCnAZ
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD1961 View Post
I found some plans and some pictures here and there, but I am sure someone has a thread on here about it. Does anyone know where one might be?
Here's but one thread for it that's here. Try using "rcgroups.com: magnum reloaded" in google to see the others.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 03:40 AM
mardimardigras is offline
Find More Posts by mardimardigras
Registered User
and here is the build article with dowmloadable plans from a german magazin.
http://modell-aviator.de/aktuell/magnum-reloaded/

ciao
Old Dec 11, 2011, 07:49 PM
BigD1961 is offline
Find More Posts by BigD1961
Team OFG (Old Fat Guys)
BigD1961's Avatar

Searching for Magnum


Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskers View Post
Here it is:
http://ysfc.weblogs.jp/main/2010/11/...3489852b3b970c

Young ones these days don't know how to search. Now in my day, mumble mumble tut tut...
Yes, I messed up on the search. I was not logged in and was looking for the search, which I was sure was on here somewhere, and when I logged back in Friday night, there it was. Dooooop!
Thanks for the help so far everybody. I had found the German and Japanese sites, but I need some info in English. I wonder if someone has a thread in waterplanes?
I want to start cutting foam, but am a little warry until I get some better info.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 08:22 PM
rcrich is offline
Find More Posts by rcrich
When pigs fly rc
rcrich's Avatar

magnum reloaded


https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1506162


I use a bluewonder 1500 on a 450 mah 3 cell and 5 or 9 gram servos.
Last edited by rcrich; Dec 11, 2011 at 08:24 PM. Reason: forgot something
Old Dec 11, 2011, 08:28 PM
Wilfor is offline
Find More Posts by Wilfor
RC Adddict
Wilfor's Avatar
The Japanese site seems to have enough info to build ??? I think Whiskers comment was directed at me but he should know by now ive learned to work smarter not harder . Why search when he'll do it for us
Old Dec 11, 2011, 08:37 PM
planecrazy1969 is offline
Find More Posts by planecrazy1969
Gone Fly'n
planecrazy1969's Avatar
What a cool looking plane...if you build this, will ya post some pics of the build?..
Old Dec 11, 2011, 09:35 PM
BigD1961 is offline
Find More Posts by BigD1961
Team OFG (Old Fat Guys)
BigD1961's Avatar

Japanese site


Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfor View Post
The Japanese site seems to have enough info to build ??? I think Whiskers comment was directed at me but he should know by now ive learned to work smarter not harder . Why search when he'll do it for us
That's cool. I just thought he was making a joke.
I know how to ask for a beer and a few nicities, but specs are hard enough for Japanese to get right, much less myself. I work with them every day.
Now the German, that's another thing.....I can count to ten and ,,,,,well, thats about it.
Keep the info coming guys, I plan to start cutting foam this week. Pics to come.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 09:35 PM
BigD1961 is offline
Find More Posts by BigD1961
Team OFG (Old Fat Guys)
BigD1961's Avatar

Pics


Quote:
Originally Posted by planecrazy1969 View Post
What a cool looking plane...if you build this, will ya post some pics of the build?..
For sure. I plan to start cutting foam this week.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 09:39 PM
BigD1961 is offline
Find More Posts by BigD1961
Team OFG (Old Fat Guys)
BigD1961's Avatar

Equipment


Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrich View Post
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1506162


I use a bluewonder 1500 on a 450 mah 3 cell and 5 or 9 gram servos.
That's good info, I appreciate it a lot. I have some of those parts, so I think maybe I can start. Does your's have ailerons? Most I have found pics of do not.
How about some pics of yours?
Old Dec 11, 2011, 09:51 PM
rcrich is offline
Find More Posts by rcrich
When pigs fly rc
rcrich's Avatar
I will have to get some pics for you all I have now is that video.
The plane does great with just rudded and elevator like most polyhedral wings.
It is nice and slow and stable and looks cool.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion magnum reloaded epp fun plane Flymax12 Waterplanes 33 Feb 15, 2016 09:59 PM
Discussion Big Swamp Buggy - RELOADED- for electric power MarcAntonio Dock Talk 4 Mar 18, 2011 02:08 PM
MAtrix Reloaded final trailer now online - 'Whoa' flyfalcons Life, The Universe, and Politics 6 Apr 12, 2003 09:52 AM