Dec 22, 2011, 02:56 PM
Hello Cybernaught.
Just wanted to check and see if you your family and the area you live in is OK after the big storm I heard about on TV weather news lately?

The last video you posted is great. The Gull looks beautiful. Not many can say if they miss a landing they might hit a outrigger canoe:-)

Skip.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 22, 2011, 04:21 PM
Onward through the fog.
Thanks for checking Skip,
We are all OK but there are a lot of casualties in Mindanao. Just some wind and rain here. It slowed down the flying a bit.

I fly the Gull most days in the mornings and it handles the light to moderate winds OK. I'm surprised. I'm not flying the original that much because the newer one with the Philipp's Entry on the wing is a better flier. Next chance we get for Edna to take another video I'll post something. My Hat-Cam cameras all have dead batteries that don't want to take a charge. I have two coming from HK but due to other items on Backorder that package may be a while.

Steve.

Edit: 1/4/12
Edna got the last half of my last morning flight before we left for Town on business.

Gull 2nd half.wmv (3 min 33 sec)
Last edited by Cybernaught; Jan 04, 2012 at 10:29 AM.
Jan 19, 2017, 09:43 PM
Sorry to drag up an old thread but your gull has me hooked. I`ve been building with foam for a little while now and want to get back into balsa, so i bough some taube 4c plans. Boy are they an intimidating set of plans, so now with seeing your bird i think i`ll be building a foamy using those plans, theres a little converting to do but a 61 inch foamy taube should look pretty good. Your thread has inspired me a heap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybernaught
I have plenty of room over the water but if I dip it in the drink, I lose gear!
I have plenty of build room in the garage but not much storage space. I don't let the fleet get over 6 planes and I usually have about 3.

The build part of this thread is pretty complete now. We'll see how much interest it generates.

Steve.
So why not build a seaplane or two lol, you wont lose it on water landings.
Cheers
Troppo
Last edited by troppo; Jan 19, 2017 at 09:50 PM.
Jan 20, 2017, 06:19 AM
gpw
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
I hope Steve’s listening !!!
Latest blog entry: Lost plans
Jan 09, 2019, 02:48 PM
Foam Builder & Coroplast thief
seems to fly at least as good as most of the bird planes I have made!
Jan 09, 2019, 05:07 PM
gpw
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
We haven’t heard from Steve since April 2012… I think he inspired a lot of us with his creativity !!!

Jd+3 , yeah Bird planes … COOL !!!
Latest blog entry: Lost plans
Jan 09, 2019, 07:45 PM
Retired CAD guy
Nice flier and an idyllic place to fly too + +

Quick Reply