KONA VTPR project - Page 7 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Apr 02, 2012, 03:32 PM
Ask me about VTPR
Kaboom! http://vtpraerobatics.blogspot.com/

Awesome Benny... Can't wait to see more of what this new woody can do.

Eric
to remove ads between posts
Apr 02, 2012, 03:32 PM
It's time for me to fly
Smooth! Congratulations....it's really cool to design and build something yourself and have it fly so well.
Apr 03, 2012, 02:27 PM
Dear colleague slopemaniacs,

I believe I have no words to thank you all to follow my thread, to be interested, the good advices, the publicity on blogs and websites, realy, I wasn't this expecting at all. one word , THANKS !!
Oh no we're not finished, the saga goes on,... ;-) mmmhh should it be a extra light version
Name: kona180_light_7.jpg
Views: 97
Size: 184.4 KB
Description:

You're the best guys !
Benny

ps, and yes, if I have the chance to film my flips, flacks, kulbutins, snaps,.... you'll surely read ;-)
Apr 03, 2012, 05:30 PM
Benny; This deserves to be here, in the home thread, as well.

Madcam system (0 min 57 sec)

Your design work is mindblowing!!

Ken
Last edited by Snewk; Apr 04, 2012 at 10:50 AM. Reason: delete-attribution error
Apr 04, 2012, 01:51 AM
-----
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snewk
Benny ...Your design work is mindblowing!!

Ken
Indeed. I could never have conceived that "reverse coupled servos" movement ...
Apr 04, 2012, 04:03 AM
If it can-it will!
Absolutely, very innovative!!

Mind you, being a model maker by profession helps!

Really looking fwd to some videos of your model in good lift so you can use these controls to the full.
Apr 04, 2012, 08:28 AM
Piscine Promulgator
Actually guys, the Madcam and Slopium glider, and above video of the taileron setup, come from Vincent in the Netherlands, he's posted about his work in the Swiss Fish thread starting here: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=549

Benny from Belgium is the man responsible for the Kona, the plane described in this thread. It doesn't have a Madcam setup... yet

Steve
Apr 04, 2012, 10:51 AM
Thanks, Steve. My Bad.....

Ken
Apr 04, 2012, 11:29 AM
Piscine Promulgator
There's a lot going on, it's normal!

How lucky we are to live in this time!!

Steve
Apr 04, 2012, 11:32 AM
-----
Oops. That's what comes from not concentrating and skim reading ..
Apr 04, 2012, 12:06 PM
I'm curious too guys what it will bring in flight. I did have to put my smallest pulley back 'from the first design' because of flutter problems on the elevator. The tolerance of the servo with a bigger radius made a problem, in this case no 180 but 140 ;-(
Anyway, I feel that the elevator has got a huge load and had to lock the servo after first flight. It is made to slide back to tension the pushpull (snares) over the pulleys.
You can play as a matter of fact guitar on two snares ;-)
The system of our Dutch friend is curtenly a very nice idea, watching very close to the test results.
Once I had a Madness of CPLR with a full aileron/elevator mix to have tests for acrobatics. Now it can be that I disapoint some readers, but I could not get warm of the system, as a matter of fact it, rolling circels, snaps, wrills, were not longer possible.
Though I'm not sure what kind of effect the elevator mix only will do?
That can be something interesting, looking out to see the results ;-)

Greetings, Benny
Dec 26, 2012, 07:11 AM

KONA PDF files

Hi KONA lovers,

because I have not too much time too help all for cutting a KONA, perhaps I can help with these files. The files are 1/1 scale ,I understand this will be a lot of work to build as scratch, but with the countours you can do a lot. Do not hasitate to shoot some questions, I try to make topview of wings soon with dimesions. And if you miss informations, just ask , no problem. So guys it's all yours right now ;-)
you'll warned, this is only for the real experianced modelbuilder. If you have no experiance with hot wiring to cut foamwings, sheeting wings, try to get help from somebody who can. Then you surely will get a fun time to build. 2nd, if you like you can move the wing 100mm backwards . Succes !
PS, if you have a cutting machine just ask the DXF files, I will add them also.

Greetings,
Benny
Last edited by BennyW; Dec 28, 2012 at 02:05 AM.
Dec 26, 2012, 10:52 AM
-----
That's a really great gesture on your part, Benny, making this available to anyone free! It looks like you did a lot of work there!

Chris
Dec 27, 2012, 12:39 PM
Piscine Promulgator
Awesome Benny! Spread the stoke!!

Steve
Nov 26, 2013, 04:05 AM
New page updates, for those get in a winter project,... http://slopemaniacs.blogspot.be/p/kona.html