New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Dec 06, 2011, 06:06 PM
Ron101 is offline
Find More Posts by Ron101
Pursuit of Happiness
Ron101's Avatar
Discussion

Anybody heading to AMA Expo? Jan 6,7 & 8


My friend and I are heading down to the AMA Expo, along with a group of friends from the field (livermore flying electorns)

Pretty excited to finally get to make it down there! It's always very bad timing with the holidays, but I got it worked out and we are booked to go. I'll be sure to snap photos of anything EDF related and report back.

Anyone from the EDF world heading down? if so I hope to see you there and say hi... if you see my bald head make sure you say hi

Here is a really nice video from last year that got me really excited to be going! Hope to see you there. Should be a nice group of us there on Saturday morning, come join us... looking forward to saying hi to many of the vendors I buy from and meeting new ones also.

Nitroplanes At The AMA EXPO 2011 Academy of Model Aeronautics (5 min 59 sec)
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 06, 2011, 11:55 PM
Fast_Eddy is offline
Find More Posts by Fast_Eddy
Rc Flying is my Sanity!
Fast_Eddy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron101 View Post
My friend and I are heading down to the AMA Expo, along with a group of friends from the field (livermore flying electorns)

Pretty excited to finally get to make it down there! It's always very bad timing with the holidays, but I got it worked out and we are booked to go. I'll be sure to snap photos of anything EDF related and report back.

Anyone from the EDF world heading down? if so I hope to see you there and say hi... if you see my bald head make sure you say hi

Here is a really nice video from last year that got me really excited to be going! Hope to see you there. Should be a nice group of us there on Saturday morning, come join us... looking forward to saying hi to many of the vendors I buy from and meeting new ones also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkZS7iUGegE


I'm going, and bringing a fully loaded CC with me too!
Old Dec 07, 2011, 09:33 AM
JimDrew is offline
Find More Posts by JimDrew
Xtreme Power Systems
We will be there with many of our large EDF planes as well as the turbine Victory. Booths 322, 324, and 326.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 07, 2011, 10:22 AM
bri6672 is offline
Find More Posts by bri6672
Registered User
bri6672's Avatar
Sheppard and I will be there, got to hit up the XPS booth and razz Jim
Old Dec 07, 2011, 10:38 AM
JimDrew is offline
Find More Posts by JimDrew
Xtreme Power Systems
Looking forward to seeing you guys again!
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 07, 2011, 10:39 AM
turbonut is offline
Find More Posts by turbonut
Pro Hoarder
turbonut's Avatar
will be there as soon as the doors open on friday
Old Dec 07, 2011, 12:46 PM
Ron101 is offline
Find More Posts by Ron101
Pursuit of Happiness
Ron101's Avatar
Right on guys! hope to see some of you there
I'll swing by and give Jim hell
Old Dec 07, 2011, 01:35 PM
SCALEFAN is offline
Find More Posts by SCALEFAN
Done it all
If I go, I will be looking for Ron and his herd of sheep, should be easy to find. LOL

My advice to all the sheep....Bring Money, not to buy planes, but supplies and batteries.
Old Dec 07, 2011, 02:29 PM
Ron101 is offline
Find More Posts by Ron101
Pursuit of Happiness
Ron101's Avatar
Quote:
If I go, I will be looking for Ron and his herd of sheep, should be easy to find. LOL

My advice to all the sheep....Bring Money, not to buy planes, but supplies and batteries.
Hey Al!
you better come down and hang out... will be there Friday afternoon and Saturday morning until maybe 1:00 or 2:00.
Sheep? no sheep my friend.. I'm married

Hey just don't bring any of your so called scale pilots to sell me like at California Jets...lol
Old Dec 07, 2011, 05:39 PM
SCALEFAN is offline
Find More Posts by SCALEFAN
Done it all
Ron,

Neversummer just PM'd me, he bought a ticket to Ontario, Ca. for the show. Better have somone watch your back.
Old Dec 07, 2011, 06:05 PM
neversommer is offline
Find More Posts by neversommer
Registered User
neversommer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCALEFAN View Post
Ron,

Neversummer just PM'd me, he bought a ticket to Ontario, Ca. for the show. Better have somone watch your back.
LMAO!!!!!

Besides it is Neversommer my friend

But seriously...you really crack me up dude!

See you guys in Ontario

Ron, can't wait to finally "meat" you

NS.
Old Dec 07, 2011, 07:43 PM
AIR SALLY is offline
Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
deltas are cool
AIR SALLY's Avatar
Old Dec 07, 2011, 07:55 PM
Ron101 is offline
Find More Posts by Ron101
Pursuit of Happiness
Ron101's Avatar
Quote:
Ron,

Neversummer just PM'd me, he bought a ticket to Ontario, Ca. for the show. Better have somone watch your back.
Now that was a good one

NS, Al is a character for sure... funny as hell
Old Dec 08, 2011, 09:59 AM
SCALEFAN is offline
Find More Posts by SCALEFAN
Done it all
To me, this is a match made in heaven, love at the first picture. Neversommer makes a connection with a friend, and gets lots of advice in the process.

And both you guys don't have to be in prison in order to make a connection.


Ron, my advice, grow a straggly beard and never stop short.
Old Dec 08, 2011, 07:36 PM
TTRotary is offline
Find More Posts by TTRotary
Rangers Lead the Way
I'll go unless my wife chains me to the bed in my sleep. Given that I tend to enjoy my grape-based libations as much as Scalefan appears to, I am essentially totally unprotected once in slumber mode.

I'd like to meet some faces, so perhaps we could arrange a meet area. I also considered wearing a tag with my RCgroup name... otherwise, if you see a bald, chunky, 5'11 pissed off looking guy walking around, that's probably me.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fly-In E/xpo in the UNI Dome - Jan 7 & 8, 2012 - Cedar Falls, IA rnleeper Electric Flight Events 56 Feb 11, 2012 09:39 PM
Discussion AMA Show January 6-8 Twinboom Inland Slope Rebels 57 Feb 04, 2012 11:17 PM
Alert jan-8-9 AMA expo ontario CA, convention center oscar771 USA - District X 3 Jan 09, 2011 10:54 PM
GWS at AMA Show, (Dragonfly Announcement) Ontario CA Jan 7-9! Michael Heer GWS (Grand Wing Servo) 61 Jan 31, 2005 12:34 AM
AMA Convention Jan 7,8,9 Indoor Flying Keennon Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 16 Jan 06, 2005 04:27 PM