Thread Tools
Dec 09, 2011, 08:28 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
I am looking forward to a weekend hanging out with Hoot Gibson! What an incredible guy.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 07, 2012, 09:59 AM
Pursuit of Happiness
Ron101's Avatar
The ama show was great!
I took pictures but I'm on my phone until Sunday night.

High lights for me:
E bandit
new hobby people mig 15
eflite F-4
seeing my new hanger 9 giant scale p-47 in person (have it on order)
meeting many vendors I deal with
Really fun to see and hold all the new products its like the ultimate hobby shop

Got a great deal on a hacker a60-16 l from aeromodel

Ran into a bunch of club mates....we had a great time and plan to come back next year
heading to disney land this morning
post pictures when I get home
later
Jan 08, 2012, 10:35 PM
Bypass Ratio = Infinity
scatsob's Avatar
That XF-11 is awesome! Im guessing that is a model for a museum? If not I would love a short kit with all the fiberglass parts please .
Jan 09, 2012, 01:19 AM
Lipo abuser ... smoke on!
gp125racer's Avatar
Nice pics! Sorry we didn't run into each other down there. That Mig at the Hobby People booth was sweet wasn't it? We got some pics from our trip down there as well ..... If you're interested check them out over here: http://hdflyer.com/2012-ama-expo/
Latest blog entry: D100
Jan 09, 2012, 03:11 AM
Registered User
FlyBoyTha1's Avatar
Don't tell me they split the fuse on the Mig-15 too like the Panther. The only reason i see this even being done is for shipping purposes to the U.S.

Other wise it makes no sinse to split a plastic jet in half like it's a large Skymaster Turbine Jet
Jan 09, 2012, 07:36 AM
2017 EDF Jet Jam, June 15-18
Robert Belluomini's Avatar
I'm sure it saves a lot of shipping cost by reducing the box size. If done right most will never notice the break.
Jan 09, 2012, 07:54 AM
Registered User
FlyBoyTha1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Belluomini View Post
I'm sure it saves a lot of shipping cost by reducing the box size. If done right most will never notice the break.
When i order the Mig-15 last year it cost $700 bucks in shipping

Got lucky with the Panther sister in -law brought in back from Australia with her for only $200 bucks for a over size box

Still with both kits being sold here in the U.S. at $1300 bucks the customer is still eating some of the shipping cost (Plane plus gear) $900 bucks
Jan 09, 2012, 10:07 AM
deltas are cool
AIR SALLY's Avatar
the break in the panther was not that easy to see.if there a break in the mig i totally missed that .the ducting was nice in the mig.not sure where the batts would go ???
Jan 09, 2012, 10:20 AM
Registered User
FlyBoyTha1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SALLY View Post
the break in the panther was not that easy to see.if there a break in the mig i totally missed that .the ducting was nice in the mig.not sure where the batts would go ???
Remember i did a build on it last year battery's sit in the nose on each side next to the nose intake

Better picture on the right you'll need 8000mAH for good flight time and to hit the cg point 12's just isn't going to get the cg right.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...m+120mm+mig+15
Jan 09, 2012, 10:26 AM
2017 EDF Jet Jam, June 15-18
Robert Belluomini's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyBoyTha1 View Post
When i order the Mig-15 last year it cost $700 bucks in shipping

Got lucky with the Panther sister in -law brought in back from Australia with her for only $200 bucks for a over size box

Still with both kits being sold here in the U.S. at $1300 bucks the customer is still eating some of the shipping cost (Plane plus gear) $900 bucks
Exactly my point, you would have never paid that much to ship it.
It also appears that they have vastly improved the model's finish too.
Jan 09, 2012, 10:28 AM
2017 EDF Jet Jam, June 15-18
Robert Belluomini's Avatar
Is that a fuel tank I see in the one photo lying on the bottom of the fuse???
Jan 09, 2012, 10:43 AM
Registered User
FlyBoyTha1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Belluomini View Post
Is that a fuel tank I see in the one photo lying on the bottom of the fuse???
Lol yep thats a fuel tank that came with it at the time.
Jan 09, 2012, 03:39 PM
The RC Geek
JetMang's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Belluomini View Post
Exactly my point, you would have never paid that much to ship it.
It also appears that they have vastly improved the model's finish too.
Yeah, its all about box size. You can save a ton on shipping if you don't have an oversized box. The finish on the panther is vastly improved and they upper the thickness of the plastic too, so there's more durability. It's a very nice jet.

I'm surprised no one got pics of the huge hawk in the airtronics booth. It's huge and yes its electric. One of the next ntech jets coming out. Should be making an appearance at arf.


Chris
Jan 09, 2012, 04:56 PM
Registered User
FlyBoyTha1's Avatar
Yeah but those kits aren't worth no $1399 either short box or big box


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fly-In E/xpo in the UNI Dome - Jan 7 & 8, 2012 - Cedar Falls, IA rnleeper Electric Flight Events 56 Feb 11, 2012 08:39 PM
Discussion AMA Show January 6-8 Twinboom Inland Slope Rebels 57 Feb 04, 2012 10:17 PM
Alert jan-8-9 AMA expo ontario CA, convention center oscar771 USA - District X 3 Jan 09, 2011 09:54 PM
GWS at AMA Show, (Dragonfly Announcement) Ontario CA Jan 7-9! Michael Heer GWS (Grand Wing Servo) 61 Jan 30, 2005 11:34 PM
AMA Convention Jan 7,8,9 Indoor Flying Keennon Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 16 Jan 06, 2005 03:27 PM