Anybody heading to AMA Expo? Jan 6,7 & 8 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Dec 06, 2011, 06:06 PM
Pursuit of Happiness
Ron101's Avatar
Discussion

Anybody heading to AMA Expo? Jan 6,7 & 8


My friend and I are heading down to the AMA Expo, along with a group of friends from the field (livermore flying electorns)

Pretty excited to finally get to make it down there! It's always very bad timing with the holidays, but I got it worked out and we are booked to go. I'll be sure to snap photos of anything EDF related and report back.

Anyone from the EDF world heading down? if so I hope to see you there and say hi... if you see my bald head make sure you say hi

Here is a really nice video from last year that got me really excited to be going! Hope to see you there. Should be a nice group of us there on Saturday morning, come join us... looking forward to saying hi to many of the vendors I buy from and meeting new ones also.

Nitroplanes At The AMA EXPO 2011 Academy of Model Aeronautics (5 min 59 sec)
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Dec 06, 2011, 11:55 PM
Ready for the Flight line!
Fast_Eddy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron101
My friend and I are heading down to the AMA Expo, along with a group of friends from the field (livermore flying electorns)

Pretty excited to finally get to make it down there! It's always very bad timing with the holidays, but I got it worked out and we are booked to go. I'll be sure to snap photos of anything EDF related and report back.

Anyone from the EDF world heading down? if so I hope to see you there and say hi... if you see my bald head make sure you say hi

Here is a really nice video from last year that got me really excited to be going! Hope to see you there. Should be a nice group of us there on Saturday morning, come join us... looking forward to saying hi to many of the vendors I buy from and meeting new ones also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkZS7iUGegE


I'm going, and bringing a fully loaded CC with me too!
Dec 07, 2011, 09:33 AM
We will be there with many of our large EDF planes as well as the turbine Victory. Booths 322, 324, and 326.
Dec 07, 2011, 10:22 AM
Registered User
bri6672's Avatar
Sheppard and I will be there, got to hit up the XPS booth and razz Jim
Dec 07, 2011, 10:38 AM
Looking forward to seeing you guys again!
Dec 07, 2011, 10:39 AM
Pro Hoarder
turbonut's Avatar
will be there as soon as the doors open on friday
Dec 07, 2011, 12:46 PM
Pursuit of Happiness
Ron101's Avatar
Right on guys! hope to see some of you there
I'll swing by and give Jim hell
Dec 07, 2011, 01:35 PM
Done it all
If I go, I will be looking for Ron and his herd of sheep, should be easy to find. LOL

My advice to all the sheep....Bring Money, not to buy planes, but supplies and batteries.
Dec 07, 2011, 02:29 PM
Pursuit of Happiness
Ron101's Avatar
Quote:
If I go, I will be looking for Ron and his herd of sheep, should be easy to find. LOL

My advice to all the sheep....Bring Money, not to buy planes, but supplies and batteries.
Hey Al!
you better come down and hang out... will be there Friday afternoon and Saturday morning until maybe 1:00 or 2:00.
Sheep? no sheep my friend.. I'm married

Hey just don't bring any of your so called scale pilots to sell me like at California Jets...lol
Dec 07, 2011, 05:39 PM
Done it all
Ron,

Neversummer just PM'd me, he bought a ticket to Ontario, Ca. for the show. Better have somone watch your back.
Dec 07, 2011, 06:05 PM
Registered User
OneHundretMoons's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCALEFAN
Ron,

Neversummer just PM'd me, he bought a ticket to Ontario, Ca. for the show. Better have somone watch your back.
LMAO!!!!!

Besides it is Neversommer my friend

But seriously...you really crack me up dude!

See you guys in Ontario

Ron, can't wait to finally "meat" you

NS.
Dec 07, 2011, 07:43 PM
deltas are cool
AIR SALLY's Avatar
Dec 07, 2011, 07:55 PM
Pursuit of Happiness
Ron101's Avatar
Quote:
Ron,

Neversummer just PM'd me, he bought a ticket to Ontario, Ca. for the show. Better have somone watch your back.
Now that was a good one

NS, Al is a character for sure... funny as hell
Dec 08, 2011, 09:59 AM
Done it all
To me, this is a match made in heaven, love at the first picture. Neversommer makes a connection with a friend, and gets lots of advice in the process.

And both you guys don't have to be in prison in order to make a connection.


Ron, my advice, grow a straggly beard and never stop short.
Dec 08, 2011, 07:36 PM
Rangers Lead the Way
I'll go unless my wife chains me to the bed in my sleep. Given that I tend to enjoy my grape-based libations as much as Scalefan appears to, I am essentially totally unprotected once in slumber mode.

I'd like to meet some faces, so perhaps we could arrange a meet area. I also considered wearing a tag with my RCgroup name... otherwise, if you see a bald, chunky, 5'11 pissed off looking guy walking around, that's probably me.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fly-In E/xpo in the UNI Dome - Jan 7 & 8, 2012 - Cedar Falls, IA rnleeper RC Flight Events 56 Feb 11, 2012 09:39 PM
Discussion AMA Show January 6-8 Twinboom Inland Slope Rebels 57 Feb 04, 2012 11:17 PM
Alert jan-8-9 AMA expo ontario CA, convention center oscar771 USA - District X 3 Jan 09, 2011 10:54 PM
GWS at AMA Show, (Dragonfly Announcement) Ontario CA Jan 7-9! Michael Heer GWS (Grand Wing Servo) 61 Jan 31, 2005 12:34 AM
AMA Convention Jan 7,8,9 Indoor Flying Keennon Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 16 Jan 06, 2005 04:27 PM