Originally Posted by ABLomas

(only marked part - it's set?)
Thank you, but still the same error ...
to remove ads between posts
Apr 15, 2012, 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr400
Setup issues
So I am building my quad and now at the setup. I hav a crius multi wii lite,connected to a ar6200 rx. I set the esc throttle individually through the rx. Plug all esc wires into board to fire it all up along with the signal wires to yaw pitch roll. However all that happens is that all the escs beep constantly with no response to throttle.
I have set my atv on my jr radio to 125% and done alot of things just can't get motors to spin when connected through the board.
Any ideas?
Hey I had issue with both my arduino based tri and my Crius multi wii: I had to lower the trim and I think travel on my throttle way below zero before it would arm. Maybe -20 or 25%.

I really like flying my crius SE quad - the poor tri does not get much flight time anymore.
Gary
Thanks Gary

Got it figured lowered th throttle In the code and it arms and works fine. Flew today all was great just some tweaking needed to make it better
Apr 16, 2012, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erknie
http://flyduino.net/10x45-Carbon-rei...ller-Set-Black

They will probably do fine. Just look for props that say "reinforced" in the description. Usually done with either carbon fiber or glass fiber.
Thanks for the suggestions. I ordered some of these "reinforced" props:

http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo...8&productname=

Would be interesting to hear from others if prop failure in mid flight is a common occurrence of not.
Apr 16, 2012, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zskal
Hi, I greet you from the Czech Republic. I would like to ask for advice on software to upload Crius Multiwii SE. I still can not upload the modified program Multiwii 1.9 and all my attempts to end this error message:
I tried to board GUI and works without problems. I tried Arduino 0023, 0022, and I even tried Arduino v.1 and Multiwii v.2, with the same error. I tried it on three PCs, win7 and XP. It was not on any. Drivers were installed without any problems.
The board communicates with the PC, because the GUI everything seems OK. Can someone please advise me what else could try?The board has no reset button, which might help, I would not dare to change the bootloader, and I do not know how...
Many thanks in advance for any advice.
Sorry for my bad English.
I had a couple of Arduino Mini Pro's that gave the same message and I found many tips using Google to solve the problem. The suggestion by ABLomas was one I also tried and others usually involving a reset at just the right time to initiate an upload. Nothing worked for me and I know the FTDI was OK because it worked on other Arduinos. The only way I could get them to take new code was with a usbtinyisp . I tried putting on a new bootloader too but that didn't work so I just loaded the MultiWii code on by itself. As you say , the board communicates OK with the GUI , so you can still set things up quite easily . The only hassle is the ISP code upload but you have ISP pins on the board. I know you said you didn't want to try this , but for me it was the only solution I could find.
Apr 16, 2012, 08:24 PM

Noob

Hello guys noob question I'm trying to build a quad with my son
We bought crius SE but we need help on how to connect the wires from the board to to the rx is a turnigy 9x 8c v2 we already calibrate each esc with the tx but we need help with the other wires all help will be more than welcome

Thank you,

Apr 16, 2012, 10:00 PM
where can i find v.2?
Apr 16, 2012, 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by denicanfx
Hello guys noob question I'm trying to build a quad with my son
We bought crius SE but we need help on how to connect the wires from the board to to the rx is a turnigy 9x 8c v2 we already calibrate each esc with the tx but we need help with the other wires all help will be more than welcome

Thank you,
Look in page 4 in the NOOBIES GUIDE attached to post #1 in this thread. The NOOBIES GUIDE has been revised several times but if you're only interested in Crius SE board to Rx connection, that part has not been changed.
Apr 17, 2012, 05:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robjames
I had a couple of Arduino Mini Pro's that gave the same message and I found many tips using Google to solve the problem. The suggestion by ABLomas was one I also tried and others usually involving a reset at just the right time to initiate an upload. Nothing worked for me and I know the FTDI was OK because it worked on other Arduinos. The only way I could get them to take new code was with a usbtinyisp . I tried putting on a new bootloader too but that didn't work so I just loaded the MultiWii code on by itself. As you say , the board communicates OK with the GUI , so you can still set things up quite easily . The only hassle is the ISP code upload but you have ISP pins on the board. I know you said you didn't want to try this , but for me it was the only solution I could find.
Thanks for the advice. I do not have much experience with Arduino and USBtinISP. I have ordered a new trial on the FTDI Basic Breakout and if that does not try to make a claim to the GLB.
Apr 17, 2012, 09:20 AM
gents what PITCH/ROLL/YAW PID and rate (including THROTTLE rate) are you using (works for you well), just want to see real life examples with version 2.0
Apr 17, 2012, 12:04 PM
what could be the problem that the Crius MultiWii board always starts in Mode 1, regardless if i arm motors in Mode 1 or Mode 3?

cannot fly in Mode 1, so thats a serious problem.

any hints?

thank you best regards
Bernhard
Apr 17, 2012, 12:09 PM
Mmmmmmm!
Mode 1? Yours does that too? I had some weird issues with 2.0 too. When I armed it two channels were switched for some weird reason. It was unflyable.
Apr 17, 2012, 02:18 PM
itīs v1.9 i tried it arming Mode 1 and Mode 3, and it always arms with Mode1
Config is: Hexa with serial sum_ppm
i tried to change the Channels but it nearly crashed my roof, so i have no idea what to do

greetz
Bernhard
Apr 17, 2012, 02:26 PM
Hi guys , looking for some help. trying to work with Crius Serial LCD with the arduino, i can not find what the codes are to:-

A) clear Screen
B) set curser position
C) set a new line
D) Flash Curser
Any advice, help or pont me in the right direction for further information would be greatly appreciated
Apr 18, 2012, 01:27 AM
bones
were you able to find a solution for this issue.
i am havinf a similor issue with aux2 none of my sensors wok for aux2 i see in the gui that when i toggle the switch the values changes but even with mag and baro are assigned to aux 2 by toggling the switch i cant switch them on/off.
they stay off but when i assign them to aux1 they get turned on/off
has anyone seen this before?
BTW i have correctly defined (uncommented) the pin12 in the scetch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupbones
Hi guys. Got a new issue I need some advice on. Hope you can help with this one as it's a bit strange.
Running latest Multiwii 2.0 release on my Crius board. It uploaded fine and flys great. I have AUX1 hooked up to ch7 on my RX (Turnigy 9X8C v2) to switch the LEVEL on and off. This all works fine.
I was really pleased with the board, so I decided to uncomment AUX2 on Pin8 on the board and hook it to Ch6 on the RX and set up the gear switch on my TX to operate this.
I set up the ALT HOLD and MAG on this switch. Testing it on Multiwii Config the switch operates OK. so no problems so far. Till I got it in the air.
With the cable plugged into the board and the RX, it sends my quad nuts. It hovers ok but once it gets any hint of movement or wobble, it over corrects to the point where the wobble gets worse and worse till it crashes.
So I changed the sketch to run AUX2 on Pin12, but got the exact same issue.
I swapped cables over to a different one. Double checked they were all connected correctly.
No difference.
Changed channel pins in the TX and RX. Same deal.
Take the AUX out of the sketch..... It flys great again.
Put AUX2 back in, but remove the cable totally from in between the RX and the board, and it flys good.
I am not sure if the board doesn't like signal from the RX into one of the AUX2 channels, or if its some sort of interference.
I have spend a good number of hours nutting this issue out to see what was causing it, and what I have described above seems to cause it.
If you don't define the AUX2 at all, and leave the cable in, it flys OK
Define AUX2 in either pin and leave cable out, it flys OK

Am I missing something here? Any ideas? There seems to be some issue with operating AUX2 only. If you like I may make a video up showing how badly it wobbles when the AUX2 is enabled and connected to the RX. I can't seem to find any other info on this error.

Oh, and just for the record, I am only uncommenting Pin 8 or Pin 12 one at a time..

Thanks.
Last edited by Dumindaat; Apr 18, 2012 at 01:34 AM.
Apr 18, 2012, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumindaat
bones
were you able to find a solution for this issue.
i am havinf a similor issue with aux2 none of my sensors wok for aux2 i see in the gui that when i toggle the switch the values changes but even with mag and baro are assigned to aux 2 by toggling the switch i cant switch them on/off.
they stay off but when i assign them to aux1 they get turned on/off
has anyone seen this before?
BTW i have correctly defined (uncommented) the pin12 in the scetch
Yes the solution was rather simple seeing no one had an idea here. Basically i ran a single line from the signal pin of the RX channel to the sigal pin on the AUX2 pin. I think there was a voltage loop causing the gyros to go a bit crazy for some reason. This issue happened on Pin 8 or 12, didn't matter. By removing the voltage and ground lines it fixed the issue. Now the AUX2 switches no problem.

Quick Reply