This thread is privately moderated by TMO, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 05, 2011, 09:58 PM
TMO
TMO
Thread OP
Discussion

Holiday Update from Quantum Hobby

http://www.quantumhobby.com/

The DX7S is in and it looks real nice. Quite a value when you consider they throw an AR8000 RX in for your trouble! You get the radio, receiver, mem card, charger and a neckstrap to boot! $299 w/ free shipping.

@ mCP X'ers

I have the SPMAS2000LBB servos back in stock (mCP X'ers take note- you know it's been awhile)

I also have all the essential mCP upgrades in stock from Microheli including the Alum/CF frame! Hyperion 250 mCPX cells, plus Hyperion bare cells if you want to roll your own. JST PH connectors in both pigtail and crimp-your-own-2 Cell or 3Cell.

Of course I also have the new mCP X/2, and until I run out, I have a few V1 BNF's and RTF's @ $149/$169 if you want to save a buck, especially if you're going brushless anyway.

Speaking of brushless, I have the full line of AEO RC brushless upgrades for the mCP X including ESC/Converters, C05 and M5 motors, Pinions, Connectors, Frames, etc. I'm working on setting them up on the site and they should be up in a day or two. I just did the ESC/Converter/m5 Motor/ 8T pinion in mine and it is awesome. Even with my tired old stock cells I got a full 5 minutes, and a lot more "giddyup". The Hyperion 250's take it to whole different level. The whole conversion with the stock 200mAh cell came up to 49g AUW RTF. One of my testers did the 9T and it is off the charts. Did I mention I got some 10t pinions?...My tester is a great pilot, and he's like nope, nope, nope....must.....resist....

I'm running a special on the UMX Stryker and Sbach- get two free stock batteries with each purchase. If you factor in the rebate in the case of the Sbach, it's a pretty good deal on what has been a pricey, but good aircraft.

From Corona, I got the 329mg and 339mg, which is about the size of a HS-225, but digital and metal- the two versions give you a choice: quick or torquey. Also, I have the R8FA FAAST compatible 8Ch receiver.

Suppo finally showed up with a new shipment, and I have everything back in stock in the BP Motor line except the 2217-9.

ZTW is in full effect, of course, as usual.

From FMA I have the new PL-6 battery workstation. This thing kicks so much butt it's not funny. Chuck Norris charges his lipos with one. I have every combo you could want, and one with a Meanwell 1000W/24V Power Supply that can let you max out your PL-6 at will. My PSU comes with cord, configured for 110V USA, and Bullet Plug Adapters bolted onto the output posts. Yeahhh.

Naturally I have everything else FMA too. For alot of people the 10XP is going to do the deed just fine. Not to mention the PL-8, which is still the big dog in KW chargers. Multi4s and Cellpro 4S Golds are the solution for the majority of 4S and under users, and I have nice combos cheap.

Hitec has some cool new chargers, and they're worth a look as well. 4 channel, 2 channel or just single channel, they're convenient, and just the thing if you have a wide variety of different sizes, chemistries and C ratings. Parallel charging is cool, but it's nice to have 4 separate channels on one unit for taking to a funfly or something. Take a look at the X4, and X2 if this is something that makes sense for your lipo herd.

That's all I can think of for now! Happy Holidays

-Tim
Last edited by TMO; Dec 05, 2011 at 10:03 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply