Thread Tools
Dec 06, 2011, 07:19 PM
You Won't Know till You Try
ok my mind is made up. I'm selling my 57" 330SC and getting this bad boy. I have a 59 Slick so dont need the 57 too. Anyone iNterested full setup for around $400.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Dec 06, 2011, 07:42 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
3Dplank's Avatar
Anyone else gonna run 4s in it?
Dec 06, 2011, 08:19 PM
Just flitting about!!
bigroger's Avatar
4s is a lot of juice for these planes guys. Really there's not a lot of wood holding the motor to the airframe.
Dec 06, 2011, 08:24 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
3Dplank's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigroger
4s is a lot of juice for these planes guys. Really there's not a lot of wood holding the motor to the airframe.
I'm gonna use the batteries from my 48" vyper. I just have to keep my left thumb in check
Dec 06, 2011, 08:28 PM
Team Hillbilly
tominator06's Avatar
I'm going to run the torque 2818-900 I already have in it on 3s. I just got back from the lhs with a couple 14x7 props and 4 Hs65mg's. Im ready or the build. I don't have any extra spectrum receiver's on hand but I have a brand new orange rx that was given to me I will throw in it. The 14x7 might be a little much for the motor but i'm going to give it a shot. If not I have plenty of 13x6.5's
Last edited by tominator06; Dec 06, 2011 at 08:34 PM.
Dec 06, 2011, 08:32 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
3Dplank's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by tominator06
I'm going to run the torque 2818-900 I already have in it on 3s. I just got back from the lhs with a couple 14x7 props and 4 Hs65mg's. Im ready or the build. I don't have any extra spectrum receiver's on hand but I have a brand new orange rx that was given to me I will throw in it.
Do you have yours?
Dec 06, 2011, 08:42 PM
Team Hillbilly
tominator06's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by plank420
Do you have yours?
Scheduled delivery date is tomorrow.
Dec 06, 2011, 08:43 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
3Dplank's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by tominator06
Scheduled delivery date is tomorrow.
Nice, I will be refreshing to see what you got going on
Dec 06, 2011, 08:51 PM
Team Hillbilly
tominator06's Avatar
Yeah I just did a little digging and it looks like the 13x6.5 will be the prop of choice. I ran that setup in the shp and it was pretty good. For some reason I thought the 2818 was a bigger motor. The 14x7 on that will be too much. It's only a 104g motor. If I don't like it I can always get a new motor. I wouldn't want to waste those 14x7's I just got
Dec 06, 2011, 08:53 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
3Dplank's Avatar
This is a quote from bigroger that he posted in the SkyWing 48-in Extra 300L Under Development thread. "Looking forward to seeing the american 3dhs fan boys repair their wings with welders and having the thing dissolve away to nothing." Why do you think he would say something like that?
Dec 06, 2011, 08:57 PM
Registered User
FireyFate's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by plank420
This is a quote from bigroger that he posted in the SkyWing 48-in Extra 300L Under Development thread. "Looking forward to seeing the american 3dhs fan boys repair their wings with welders and having the thing dissolve away to nothing." Why do you think he would say something like that?
I went ahead and asked him why he is so angry. There's lots of sand in Australia... maybe some got in his thong.
Dec 06, 2011, 09:01 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
3Dplank's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireyFate
I went ahead and asked him why he is so angry. There's lots of sand in Australia... maybe some got in his thong.
I saw that. he is mean
Dec 06, 2011, 09:02 PM
inverted-i-fly
3drcparts's Avatar
welders will dissolve the inner foam of the wings
Dec 06, 2011, 09:03 PM
Registered User
FireyFate's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by janole
welders will dissolve the inner foam of the wings
Apparently. I read somewhere that the inside is Depron. It was probably this thread, but I'm too lazy to look right now.
Dec 06, 2011, 09:06 PM
Registered User
From what I remember seeing, the wing has wood and eps in the wing then wrapped in epp


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build Log Precision Aerobatics 48'' Extra 260 Build Thread! edge5foamy 3D Flying 5858 Jun 19, 2017 01:31 PM
Sold 3DHobbyshop 38" EPP Slick NIB cjdscratch Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 4 Oct 23, 2011 11:21 AM
Sold 3DHobbyshop 38" EPP Slick NIB cjdscratch Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Oct 22, 2011 09:58 PM
Found 3DHobbyshop 55" Extra 300SHP gabrielisrael Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 1 Sep 15, 2011 06:56 PM
48" Bat EPP and 48" Bee EPP closeouts stegre Aircraft - Sailplanes (FS/W) 1 May 20, 2005 10:20 AM