Jan 25, 2012, 12:38 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
You can always find Gents who have problems...that is the nature of this hobby... I suspect there might be different revisions of the same version of 1.22 and that would our explain different experiences

BTW, You can be a great help to all of us if you speak and read Chinese/汉语/漢語/Mandarin/Wu/Cantonese/Min, etc
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Mega Link Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by 217176
i havd understand why you say 1.22 have no problem
to remove ads between posts
Jan 25, 2012, 12:50 PM
Hey Guys,

I'm trying to wrap my head around this and need someone elses opinion.

My quad wants to drift to the right no matter how many times I calibrate it, So should I shim the left side up a bit during calibration to help eliminate this drift?

I cant find my little bubble level anywhere to actually check if the quad if perfectly level.

Maybe my house is leaning some so sitting on the counter it is not perfectly level during calibration.
Jan 25, 2012, 01:00 PM
Flying Like Evil
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 217176
i havd understand why you say 1.22 have no problem
I don't have that chance ........ (to understand)
Jan 25, 2012, 01:40 PM
FF,
Yep. But when calibrating the IMU/accelerometer you need to put the shim under the side of the multicopter that it drifts to to raise what it is seeing as level so the drift is cancelled.
Cheers,
Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingfool
Hey Guys,

I'm trying to wrap my head around this and need someone elses opinion.

My quad wants to drift to the right no matter how many times I calibrate it, So should I shim the left side up a bit during calibration to help eliminate this drift?

I cant find my little bubble level anywhere to actually check if the quad if perfectly level.

Maybe my house is leaning some so sitting on the counter it is not perfectly level during calibration.
Jan 25, 2012, 03:23 PM
Got my board today! Ordered it on 1/6 and it shipped on 1/8 so 19 days in transit, not bad. Came in a bubble wrap padded envelope with all components in ESD type zip lock bags.

For my sanity and for the benfit of others, I plan on creating a rewrite of the english manual with pictures and tips, including those for the PID app.

If you have any specific tips/ideas/gotchas that you would like included in the manual, please PM them to me. You will of course be given credit for your input.

Jose
Jan 25, 2012, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins
... I checked it with another Tx/Rx set, Spektrum and got the same results of ~(-10) displayed at the low end instead of an expected -128, but it responds properly in all channels nonetheless.
żJesolins are you sure it´s -10 and not -100?

Today I had a maiden flight with my second FF build. I had to do some adjustments and my laptop was not nearby. I had to use another mac with a virtualized vmware XP virtual machine.

Loaded ZNS 1007 and noticed my lower end was at -12...moved it with the stick and noticed that it was actually going from -128 to 128. Problem is that the soft adds a minus "-" sign on the lower values. That makes it to display -10,-20....-90 and then when it reaches -100 it shows -10. It seems (at least on my pc) that it cannot display more than 3 characters, so once it gets to -100 it actually displays -10 at -110...-11 and so on.

Maybe your soft has the same issues, and because of that even getting confusing values (which are not real) we still get a proper flight.

Here some photos of the new build...
Jan 25, 2012, 05:05 PM
Hi A,
Ha... so there is anolther one like mine out there That is what the display shows as in my attachment to that post, but since it operates correctly as your does in flight I know it is just a display issue. As I posted previously, when I move the sicks It cycles from 128 down to 0 then up to 99, then 0 and a negative number count. Strange. It is FF v1.22 but could be a different revision of that if others with v1.22 see thee range count normally. BTW the same strange range values appear in the ZN v1.05 setup utility too. I am using a PC WinXP.

Nice build
Cheers,
Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by apejovic
żJesolins are you sure it´s -10 and not 100?

Today I had a maiden flight with my second FF build. I had to do some adjustments and my laptop was not nearby. I had to use another mac with a virtualized vmware XP virtual machine.

Loaded ZNS 1007 and noticed my lower end was at -12...moved it with the stick and noticed that it was actually going from -128 to 128. Problem is that the soft adds a minus "-" sign on the lower values. That makes it to display -10,-20....-90 and then when it reaches -100 it shows -10. It seems (at least on my pc) that it cannot display more than 3 characters, so once it gets to -100 it actually displays -10 at -110...-11 and so on.

Maybe your soft has the same issues, and because of that even getting confusing values (which are not real) we still get a proper flight.

Here some photos of the new build...
Jan 25, 2012, 08:51 PM
Firepower
I am waiting for the FF board to arrive in the post and am just setting up the frame, esc etc.

I have done electric planes for a long time but have not hooked up 4 ESC's before. I understand it is very simple when you know how to do it.

I have installed four EMax BL 2215/20 motors and 30amp Pentium ESC's and now have to connect the 12v power wires of the ESC's.

I guess you wire the four ESC's together and then to two wires to a plug for the LiPO. I intend to use a Castle Creations 10amp SBEC for the receiver.

Just wondered if there is a circuit diagram somewhere and close up pictures of setups.

Thanks
Jan 25, 2012, 09:23 PM
All four of the black lipo leads from the escs get wired together and the red lipo leads get wired together. You can purchase a power distribution board or make a harness called a power spider. I have a video on how to make one on my YouTube channel www.YouTube.com/rcjoseb
Jan 25, 2012, 09:48 PM
Firepower
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjose
All four of the black lipo leads from the escs get wired together and the red lipo leads get wired together. You can purchase a power distribution board or make a harness called a power spider. I have a video on how to make one on my YouTube channel www.YouTube.com/rcjoseb
Thanks - A lot of good video viewing there. That will shut me up for a while but good stuff.
Jan 26, 2012, 03:24 AM
OpenAeroVTOL developer
I just had a fly of my FF copter after I had changed the PID values and upped the Yaw gain.
It flies more like I am used to, but somewhat less stable. Yaw gain is better but... now I have lots of left Yaw and almost no right. I'm sure I've seen others report similar.
Jan 26, 2012, 06:19 AM
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
processor-killed,

what now?

Jan 26, 2012, 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUERGEN_
processor-killed,

what now?

also buzzer is stolen
Jan 26, 2012, 07:42 AM
Suspended Account