Jan 25, 2012, 08:45 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!

ESC calibration using the FF 101

Gents,
I found that you can calibrate the ESCs all at once on the FF using the motor test tab. Make sure you have no trims or subtrims or mixing in your Tx and that it is set to ACRO. Tie down your model or remove the props for safety! Then open the ZN setup and put a check in the all motors box. To do this you must have a way to separately power the flight controller and the ESCs which is the way they should be wired anyway Power on the FF and open the com port. Set the sliders to high, power on your ESCs, get the beep, move the slider to the low end, get the confirming beeps, done. Stop the motor test and then carefully arm and test the motor response.
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Mega Link Index
Last edited by jesolins; May 20, 2012 at 04:39 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 25, 2012, 10:03 AM
I am using ff now ,there are so many BUG that make me lose my patience
Jan 25, 2012, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 217176
I am using ff now ,there are so many BUG that make me lose my patience
Can you name what bugs? Mine flies great, the problems I had were due to my frame, once sorted out it flies, autolevel is exccellent, 3D mode is quastionable - I am not using it, manual PTZ adjustment not working for me. Other than that I do not see any bugs. Overall, I am happier than with MultiWii.
Jan 25, 2012, 10:43 AM
g0t rabb1t?
Quote:
Originally Posted by alek3d
Can you name what bugs?
I could.
There's many, but one is "FF controller killer" - it has reversed throttle with weird throttle response.
That means, does not matter how hard i re-calibrate ESC, lowest PWM (not counting complete stop) it sends to ESC is ~1700. So, impossible to fly, and even test flying....
Jan 25, 2012, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Can you name what bugs? Mine flies great, the problems I had were due to my frame, once sorted out it flies, autolevel is exccellent, 3D mode is quastionable - I am not using it, manual PTZ adjustment not working for me. Other than that I do not see any bugs. Overall, I am happier than with MultiWii.
before fireware 1.23,ff can't keep the Multi Rotor Helis balance.if you use fireware 1.23 and i2c esc,it's impossible fly ........now,I use 1.24,it seem like to be ok....
Jan 25, 2012, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABLomas
I could.
There's many, but one is "FF controller killer" - it has reversed throttle with weird throttle response.
That means, does not matter how hard i re-calibrate ESC, lowest PWM (not counting complete stop) it sends to ESC is ~1700. So, impossible to fly, and even test flying....
Maybe you have faulty board. Have you tried to flash different firmware? There are many here that fly this board without problems like you describe.
Jan 25, 2012, 10:59 AM
Quote:
before fireware 1.23,ff can't keep the Multi Rotor Helis balance.if you use fireware 1.23 and i2c esc,it's impossible fly ........now,I use 1.24,it seem like to be ok....
I fly 1.22
Jan 25, 2012, 11:10 AM
Quote:
I fly 1.22
1.22 is a trouble fireware,this is why have 1.23 ....but,1.23 can't use i2c ESC,this is why have 1.24 .1.24 is better than before.........
Jan 25, 2012, 11:14 AM
Flying Like Evil
Thread OP
Quote:
1.22 is a trouble fireware,this is why have 1.23 ....but,1.23 can't use i2c ESC,this is why have 1.24 .1.24 is better than before.........
I fly with 1.22 and I did not find any trouble........
Jan 25, 2012, 11:22 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
+1 Except for the low end channel range displays that I mentioned previously. I checked it with another Tx/Rx set, Spektrum and got the same results of ~(-10) displayed at the low end instead of an expected -128, but it responds properly in all channels nonetheless. I suppose there is a chance that even with the versions displayed there have been boards sent out with different revisions of those firmware versions, i.e. FF V1.22r8. We will never know until we can extract the firmware on the boards and do a file compare.
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Mega Link Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by C team MOD
Jan 25, 2012, 11:22 AM
Quote:
if you use PTZ ,you may find the trouble
Jan 25, 2012, 11:28 AM
Flying Like Evil
Thread OP
Quote:
if you use PTZ ,you may find the trouble
strange.... cause i ve test them... Worked as expected...
Jan 25, 2012, 11:31 AM
g0t rabb1t?
Quote:
Maybe you have faulty board. Have you tried to flash different firmware? There are many here that fly this board without problems like you describe.
Using 1.24.
And... Faulty board? Doubt so, looks like crappy software implementation, not handling all factors.
Jan 25, 2012, 11:44 AM
Quote:
have you test 1.24 ?that is stabilize than before,i suggest you to try 1.24
,but 1.23、1.22、1.06 、1.21 .....all i have found some trouble . ff is a growing child.
Jan 25, 2012, 12:02 PM
Quote:
i havd understand why you say 1.22 have no problem

Quick Reply