Jan 14, 2012, 07:51 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
Hi J,
--Are you disconnecting the ch5 before flight?
--The ESC should be set per Mega Index ESC section --TIP 4: Set the standard ESCs for brake and governor mode off, LVC off if available, start = normal, soft cut-off, NiMh, low voltage. The throttle calibration should be done as well. The ESC settings are accomplished by connecting the ESCs individually to the throttle channel on your Rx. You then need to use the ESC instructions for your particular ESCs to move the throttle stick up and down to set with the beeps you hear. Some ESCs use a card to do this too which is much easier and quicker.

Don't use any endpoint or other settings you used for your Gaui. Leave them alone after you have done the Tc/Rx calibration with the default settings.
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Mega Link Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julkabas
redid calibration via switch on CH5 and "swing the sticks" in all directions; ending with full throttle. result:no difference

tried later with RC CAL button in app.
result: no difference.

sorry but what do you mean by" brake off" ? can find no brake settings in the app or in my spektrum dx6i. Maybe i overlooked something?
Last edited by jesolins; Jan 14, 2012 at 07:56 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 14, 2012, 07:52 PM
Suspended Account
throttle calibration on *ESC* and brake setting on *ESC*.
Jan 14, 2012, 07:57 PM
Jan 14, 2012, 08:04 PM
Quote:
redid calibration via switch on CH5 and "swing the sticks" in all directions; ending with full throttle. result:no difference

tried later with RC CAL button in app.
result: no difference.

sorry but what do you mean by" brake off" ? can find no brake settings in the app or in my spektrum dx6i. Maybe i overlooked something?
those Chinese guy's are funny....
i downloaded the English manual http://www.goodluckbuy.com/upload/up...ser-Manual.pdf

it says: Firstly turn on the remote control power supply and adjust the joysticks to
intermediate positions, turn the power on and then switch the 5th channel on,
at this time the green light on the fly control board is normally on(that means it
is loading to calibration mode). Swing the joystick to all direction (getting
joystick range), lastly adjust the 3th channel(Throttle) to the maximum position( Note: It is the only way the processor can record the maximum andminimum positions for each joystick, and calibration is valid).

Then i found another manual:
http://www.goodluckbuy.com/images/de...shGuideGLB.pdf

it says:
3.Calibration sticks radio
Make sure you have propellers out.
Switch on channel 5. The green led on Free flight board turn on and remains
lit, this indicates that board got into 'calibration' mode. Operate the sticks in all
directions and finish the calibration by placing the stick throttle to bottom
(note: this is the only way to get board stores position of max and min sticks),

it is now 2 'o clock at night here .. the quad's battery is flat (and my battery too).

i will sleep over it & try again tomorrow.

thx.
Jan 14, 2012, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins
Hi J,
--The ESC should be set per Mega Index ESC section --TIP 4: Set the standard ESCs for brake and governor mode off, LVC off if available, start = normal, soft cut-off, NiMh, low voltage. The throttle calibration should be done as well. The ESC settings are accomplished by connecting the ESCs individually to the throttle channel on your Rx. You then need to use the ESC instructions for your particular ESCs to move the throttle stick up and down to set with the beeps you hear. Some ESCs use a card to do this too which is much easier and quicker.

Don't use any endpoint or other settings you used for your Gaui. Leave them alone after you have done the Tc/Rx calibration with the default settings.
Cheers,
Jim
oops again.. i did not disconnected physically the CH5. Just flipped the CH5 switch off. i'll try to disconnect it...

The quad came ARTF from GLB and was "prewired" with the 20A esc's and motors connected to a power distri board, so i assumed the esc's where set.

Flat battery now, so i can not test before it's charged
i try your suggested esc setting tomorrow.

that megaindex is a goldmine! never took the time to scroll to the first post on page 4 ; there is all the info!! (stupid me)

have to go to bed now.
thx a lot guy's
Last edited by Julkabas; Jan 14, 2012 at 08:42 PM. Reason: read the megaindex
Jan 14, 2012, 08:53 PM
Quote:
Hi J,
Jesolins, why should he disconnect ch5 before flying?

I´m flying with both ch5 and 6 (3d) connected and everything is fine.
Jan 14, 2012, 08:58 PM
J,
OK. Make sure you have a Tx channel on the FF ch 6 to set the 3d mode/self-leveling on and off. However if it is left off it does the self-leveling.
Cheers,
Jim
Quote:
oops again.. i did not disconnected physically the CH5. Just flipped the CH5 switch off. i'll try to disconnect it...

The quad came ARTF from GLB and was "prewired" with the 20A esc's and motors connected to a power distri board, so i assumed the esc's where set.

Flat battery now, so i can not test before it's charged
i try your suggested esc setting tomorrow.

that megaindex is a goldmine! never took the time to scroll to the first post on page 4 ; there is all the info!! (stupid me)

have to go to bed now.
thx a lot guy's
Jan 14, 2012, 09:01 PM
A,
Wellll....Only because it tells you to remove it in the manual It might have no effect on performance, but it would be definitely be bad ju-ju to accidentally put it in calibration mode while it is in flight.
Cheers,
Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by apejovic
Jesolins, why should he disconnect ch5 before flying?

I´m flying with both ch5 and 6 (3d) connected and everything is fine.
Jan 14, 2012, 09:03 PM
BUZZ KILL
Do you have to re-calibrate the radio and IMU before each flight?
Jan 14, 2012, 09:09 PM
PI,
No. Once is fine if you did it correctly in the first place. If you have excessive drift then maybe your model's level was not quite correct the first time it was calibrated and you could try re-doing the IMU calibration.
Cheers,
Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane Insane RC
Do you have to re-calibrate the radio and IMU before each flight?
Last edited by jesolins; Jan 15, 2012 at 11:33 AM.
Jan 15, 2012, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3wins
where did you find this? (GPS) and how much if ya now
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=13657714895

Great bargain for bare pcb !
Last edited by snapper1234; Jan 15, 2012 at 10:02 AM.
Jan 15, 2012, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Hi Alek,
Very good. Not sure how high the yaw stick can be set in the PID, but you should try setting it higher to see if you get the yaw response you are looking for. You could also add dual rate to the yaw channel too to increase the speed.
Cheers,
Jim
Thanks! Again, you hit the bull's eye! Changing Yaw_Stick to some insane value like 30 makes the yaw responding as I like it. You know, seeing roll and pitch at 1 or 2 I would not expect Yaw to be as high as 30 to be ok.

New thing: I installed gimbal and it works nicely. I am not sure what Pitch Lock (in PC app in PTZ settings tab) is doing. Also, I thought that channel 7 input on the FC board has something to do with manual gimbal adjustments. I hooked one knob on my TX to CH6 and connected to CH7 on the FC board. But changing value of that knob does nothing. Any ideas how is this supposed to work?

Thanks!
Jan 15, 2012, 12:55 PM
BUZZ KILL
Man Alek3d, your asking all my questions for me! I hope someone answers you.

Yesterday I posted that I had crazy oscillation in the + mode. I now know why. I did just as the instructions said, if you fly in + you have to turn the board 90 degrees. Well that is not the case (thanks Jac Engel for clearing that up). The board is positioned the same for + or x. And to think I went through all the trouble of mounting the board as per the instructions when I didn't need too!

I do have a couple of questions, is there a way to turn down the sensitivity (sorry if this has already been answered) and my quad seems to drift up a down quite a bit. Is that normal? The other quads I fly with HK boards don't seem to have this problem.
Ryan
Jan 15, 2012, 01:10 PM
PI,
And you were answered too. Please take the time to read the info Chris puts in the first post of this thread which points out the proper board orientations for + and x modes. That diagram was wrong in an early version of the manual and was noted several times already in this thread.
Have fun and fly safe!
Cheers,
Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane Insane RC
Man Alek3d, your asking all my questions for me! I hope someone answers you.

Yesterday I posted that I had crazy oscillation in the + mode. I now know why. I did just as the instructions said, if you fly in + you have to turn the board 90 degrees. Well that is not the case (thanks Jac Engel for clearing that up). The board is positioned the same for + or x. And to think I went through all the trouble of mounting the board as per the instructions when I didn't need too!

I do have a couple of questions, is there a way to turn down the sensitivity (sorry if this has already been answered) and my quad seems to drift up a down quite a bit. Is that normal? The other quads I fly with HK boards don't seem to have this problem.
Ryan
Jan 15, 2012, 03:44 PM
This is my 2-axis camera mount. I still have not figured out how can I use CH7 on the FC to control something. In GLB product description it reads "PTZ pitch angle 7, PTZ pitch angle trimming(ratio CH input)" - but I could not make it working. What can I do with Pitch Lock in the PC app is to manually preset pitch of the gimbal while connected to PC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR-p38K_A7M

Also, today I found out that the board probably does not like cold weather. It was like -3° C and after a short flying - testing gimbal, the board got mad. It started with drift, so I landed, then I could not even lift off because it would flip instantly. I did reconnect the power because I thought it needs to get restarted after it got a new temperature. But it did not help. At home after about 30 minutes it works again as normal.
Last edited by alek3d; Jan 15, 2012 at 03:50 PM.

Quick Reply