Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Jan 04, 2012, 06:21 PM
30 RC's and counting
Bmr4life's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by chansen1953 View Post
ok guys, I have been playing with thsi FF board for quite a few weeks and I had a build thread posted on the Helifreak forum in the multi-rotor section..

I have bene re-writing the doco, and some of my work was re-posted in the goodluckbuy site as the "english" version of the flightcontol pdf.

I have added some further discoveries and issues and here is a re-write od some of the issue I found. it is attached as a pdf..

I am waiting on a new motor at present, and will confirm exctly how the software fine-tuning works and advise on the best way to achieve a good tunded and stable quad for both stabilised and 3d Mode.

I have not been able to get the rom flashed , as the rom flash loader seems to not recognise the usb-serial device, even though it is recognised by the Fluight Control application supplied. The usb-serial protect switch seems to do nothing, so any ideas here would be appreciated..

I am also waiting on some 9x5 tri-props to try, as opposed the the standard 10x4.5 props, with the A2122 motor.

The quad with FF board seems to fly fine, although I have not had time to try the fine tuning using the flight control app, and the low-battery warning does not seem to work,, so I am using a separate lo-lipo warning device as a safety measure.


Edit: the original pdf had some layout erros on thelast page.. so the "UPDATE_CJHV12" is the better version !!
Thanks a lot. I love the internet and forums like these!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 04, 2012, 06:45 PM
OpenAeroVTOL developer
HappySundays's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by chansen1953 View Post
I have not been able to get the rom flashed , as the rom flash loader seems to not recognise the usb-serial device, even though it is recognised by the Fluight Control application supplied. The usb-serial protect switch seems to do nothing, so any ideas here would be appreciated..
Thanks Chris! Finally some decent documents! You must be the "Chris" that they credit on the site. Unfortunately all their other "English" documents are a mess.

You mention that the device will in some cases remain unusable until calibrated. Some people here have had their boards become unsable after reprogramming. I'm thinking that reprogramming them erases/corrupts the eeprom with saved data and then they require calibration to continue.
Jan 04, 2012, 06:48 PM
Suspended Account
There's no eeprom on stm32, and reflashing should only erase pages related to code, however that gives an idea, people with trashed boards, try doing a chip erase (all pages) instead of just code pages, if they're using last page as eeprom emulation and settings format changed between 1.x and 1.22 it probably reads them and fails.
Jan 04, 2012, 07:41 PM
Flying Like Evil
C team MOD's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappySundays View Post
Thanks Chris! Finally some decent documents! You must be the "Chris" that they credit on the site. Unfortunately all their other "English" documents are a mess.

You mention that the device will in some cases remain unusable until calibrated. Some people here have had their boards become unsable after reprogramming. I'm thinking that reprogramming them erases/corrupts the eeprom with saved data and then they require calibration to continue.
Sorry for all the mess I've done on this English doc.... I ll try my best next time .....Chris
Jan 04, 2012, 07:44 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadframes View Post
Have you added anything to the thread which hasn't been here before/
Jan 05, 2012, 01:26 AM
http://der-frickler.net
(Jo)Hannes's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteturbo View Post
Hehe, If JUERGEN says its crap then i buy.
made my day - Ray!
Jan 05, 2012, 01:50 AM
Registered User
anfarol's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceWind View Post
I'll get a rabbit board if I Can do this with the leds! =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...i3udOjKc#t=33s
You don't need the rabbit board to do this A little 8 bit PIC or Atmel micro can do that adding few components.
Jan 05, 2012, 01:54 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceWind View Post
I'll get a rabbit board if I Can do this with the leds! =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...i3udOjKc#t=33s
I could do that without rabbit board months ago
STM8S rainbow now with more brightness (0 min 20 sec)
Jan 05, 2012, 02:01 AM
Registered User
anfarol's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by timecop View Post
I could do that without rabbit board months ago
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgNSv0PYDNM
Yes, that's what I say
Jan 05, 2012, 02:37 AM
Registered User
I have connected the FF to my quad frame (+) configuration and found out the motor numbers in the manual are not the same as channel numbers on the board.
The motors worked only when connected to channel marked 6,5,4,3
I am not sure if CW, CCW will work.

Is there any problem with my version ?
Jan 05, 2012, 03:01 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by chansen1953 View Post
ok guys, I have been playing with thsi FF board for quite a few weeks and I had a build thread posted on the Helifreak forum in the multi-rotor section..

I have bene re-writing the doco, and some of my work was re-posted in the goodluckbuy site as the "english" version of the flightcontol pdf.

I have added some further discoveries and issues and here is a re-write od some of the issue I found. it is attached as a pdf..

I am waiting on a new motor at present, and will confirm exctly how the software fine-tuning works and advise on the best way to achieve a good tunded and stable quad for both stabilised and 3d Mode.

I have not been able to get the rom flashed , as the rom flash loader seems to not recognise the usb-serial device, even though it is recognised by the Fluight Control application supplied. The usb-serial protect switch seems to do nothing, so any ideas here would be appreciated..

I am also waiting on some 9x5 tri-props to try, as opposed the the standard 10x4.5 props, with the A2122 motor.

The quad with FF board seems to fly fine, although I have not had time to try the fine tuning using the flight control app, and the low-battery warning does not seem to work,, so I am using a separate lo-lipo warning device as a safety measure.


Edit: the original pdf had some layout erros on thelast page.. so the "UPDATE_CJHV12" is the better version !!
nice job, but the picture on the last page is not correct ...CW=ClockWise..CCW=Counter ClockWise
use the corrected picture in my post 414
which shows also the + and X mode
Jan 05, 2012, 03:12 AM
Registered User
@HappySundays & Timecop

I read Chris's guides, but they don't really help much

I knew about the Calibration stage, but if I remember correctly, the Red LED had stopped flashing and the board was responding to Tx stick movements.
Also, the blue LED on the USB board was always flickering (sending data maybe?), but currently it's lit solid.

I realise that eeProm data is held in the program flash, so surely if you save the hex file from a board, it contains the updated 'eeProm data' - this is obviously different to say ATmega's.

I have tried the following (see pic)
Erase:All
Download to Device with Global erase

I would try knocking up a simple program to say flash an LED, but my 2 development setups are:
Atollic TruStudio Lite - so no hex files created ....
Rowley CrossWorks which the 1 month trial has expired ....


Jan 05, 2012, 03:31 AM
Suspended Account
You can always try ghettoing it up with Eclipse+CDT and/or maybe Yagarto.. I dunno if they support STM32Fx series yet. I'm not sure if flash readback would include the flash-as-eeprom area... Does it? I never tried. In the file you saved, do you get all the pages?
Jan 05, 2012, 04:01 AM
Registered User
Quadframes's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by timecop View Post
Have you added anything to the thread which hasn't been here before/
Yes these 2 links


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold Complete MultiWii Quadcopter Flight Controller madushan2008 Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 3 Aug 11, 2011 08:25 AM
Sold FY90Q Flight Controller for Quadcopter - $70 shipped jpsabo Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 1 Jul 29, 2011 10:21 AM
For Sale Complete MultiWii Quadcopter Flight Controller Kit madushan2008 Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 7 Jul 26, 2011 08:58 AM
Sold Multi Wii flight controller with auto level ver 1.7 tc3wins Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 1 May 08, 2011 01:02 AM
Video Trex SE...3d flight with auto Nick Maxwell Electric Heli Talk 10 Dec 18, 2006 09:23 PM