Feb 22, 2012, 11:53 PM
Ok, I think I understand my confusion. The vendor is selling counter rotating props, which are labeled with an R and standard rotating props labeled without an R. In my mind, counter rotating means counter clockwise, which it does not. The letter R by definition means a right hand rotation prop which is a CW propis

Please see the attached single PDF and let me know if it looks good. If so I will then upload the manual with this corrected page.

Thanks,

Jose
to remove ads between posts
Feb 23, 2012, 01:16 AM
FLY IY, BREAK IT, FIX IT,
I thought R was for reverse, but I kind of made that up......
Feb 23, 2012, 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impailer
I thought R was for reverse, but I kind of made that up......
That was my assumption, too.
Feb 23, 2012, 05:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins
Gents,
Yep Semantics From the Props section in the Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index

Just match the motor rotation. This is the rotation you see when looking from above. The CCW aka tractor props or for our British friends anti-clockwise props are your standard normally available LHS aircraft props.
Cheers,
Jim
That's what I thought, when motor spins clockwise, the prop should be also called CW, otherwise it's really confusing, although I know how to use them, the prop has to create the thrust so I do know which one to use on respective motor.

BTW, I successfully upgraded my FF board to 1.24. Thank to a priceless information from c_mod, jesolins, timecop, rcjose and others who explored this little piece of HW and gave us the guidelines how to set it up and upgrade FW. Thanks again, I would not be able to do it without it.

1.24 seem to fly as good as 1.22, except I noticed it does not wobble during fast descents like 1.22. That is the only noticable change for me (except different arming procedure).
Last edited by alek3d; Feb 23, 2012 at 05:29 AM.
Feb 23, 2012, 05:46 AM
Hi all,

After a long time flying in 1.22 the FF board take problem and need to change trims at every fly.
So i have uploaded firmware 1.24 and set Pid like chinese settings posted here and it fly well again I think is more stable when altitude decrease.

Quadcopter (4 min 8 sec)

@Rcjose : page 4, in PWM output for motors you put white wire in a middle.
Feb 23, 2012, 05:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjose
Ok, I think I understand my confusion. The vendor is selling counter rotating props, which are labeled with an R and standard rotating props labeled without an R. In my mind, counter rotating means counter clockwise, which it does not. The letter R by definition means a right hand rotation prop which is a CW propis

Please see the attached single PDF and let me know if it looks good. If so I will then upload the manual with this corrected page.

Thanks,

Jose
i read only about R(everse) or Counter Rotating or Pusher props, i never heard of CW and CCW props so it is confusing to mention this in your pdf file .
Feb 23, 2012, 06:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaccies
i read only about R(everse) or Counter Rotating or Pusher props, i never heard of CW and CCW props so it is confusing to mention this in your pdf file .
Agreed, having direction arrows is enough, mentionig props is confusing (whatever the right name for them is).

Otherwise the manual is great, I think it contains everything to setup or upgrade the board, just get the board, grab the manual and you have all necessary info to fly it in a matter of a short time
Last edited by alek3d; Feb 23, 2012 at 06:58 AM.
Feb 23, 2012, 06:33 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
Gents,
I modified my diagram to help clarifly prop nomenclature. Does this work for you?
Also FYI APC just adds a (P) for pusher prop.

Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Last edited by jesolins; Feb 23, 2012 at 06:40 AM.
Feb 23, 2012, 06:55 AM
Registered MisUser
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaccies

Err its simple CW = turns in same direction as the hands of a clock(CW=clockwise)

CCW= turns in opposite direction to the hands of a clock(CCW=counter clockwise)

What could be simpler to visualise, even me who has problems with left and right can work that one out without any difficulty. Tractor and pusher mean nothing to me, isnt a tractor the thing they plough fields with and a pusher deals drugs

Ray
Last edited by whiteturbo; Feb 23, 2012 at 07:14 AM.
Feb 23, 2012, 07:26 AM
Firepower
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteturbo
Err its simple CW = turns in same direction as the hands of a clock(CW=clockwise)

CCW= turns in opposite direction to the hands of a clock(CCW=counter clockwise)

What could be simpler to visualise, even me who has problems with left and right can work that one out without any difficulty. Tractor and pusher mean nothing to me, isnt a tractor the thing they plough fields with and a pusher deals drugs

Ray
I am only new at this but I agree with you with CW and CCW but put it in full say under the CW and CCW in small text so new people understand what CW and CCW is and on the diagram you can just use CW and CCW. The words above the props can be deleted then.

Also I only visualise quadcopter props from the top and never from the bottom. Quadcopters and props are usually drawn from the top so that would be the way to comment on them.

Just a view from a new person with quads.

EDIT: I think that last PDF looks quite good but just needs the "Viewed from Top" bit.
Last edited by Firepower; Feb 23, 2012 at 07:41 AM.
Feb 23, 2012, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f5soh
Hi all,

After a long time flying in 1.22 the FF board take problem and need to change trims at every fly.
So i have uploaded firmware 1.24 and set Pid like chinese settings posted here and it fly well again I think is more stable when altitude decrease.

http://vimeo.com/37262387

@Rcjose : page 4, in PWM output for motors you put white wire in a middle.
Nice catch, thanks! I corrected that page. Great video!!
Feb 23, 2012, 07:46 AM
Ok, the latest prop page 6. Pictures with very little text to cause confusion!

Let me know if this works.

Thanks again for all the input!

Jose
Last edited by rcjose; Feb 23, 2012 at 07:55 AM.
Feb 23, 2012, 08:00 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
Looks good Jose
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjose
Ok, the latest prop page 6. Pictures with very little text to cause confusion!

Let me know if this works.

Thanks again for all the input!

Jose
Feb 23, 2012, 08:40 AM
Firepower
Good stuff Jose.

I have been adjusting my Futaba 9C ready for another go tomorrow but am just balancing the props.

I have them balanced horizontally but vertically seems to be a problem. They seem to be way out vertically. They are 10x45 props. They seem to need an enormous amount of weight on one side to get them right.

I guess we are suppose to get them balanced vertically also? What is the best way cut off plastic or add something to the other side?

Thanks
Col
Feb 23, 2012, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firepower
Good stuff Jose.

I have been adjusting my Futaba 9C ready for another go tomorrow but am just balancing the props.

I have them balanced horizontally but vertically seems to be a problem. They seem to be way out vertically. They are 10x45 props. They seem to need an enormous amount of weight on one side to get them right.

I guess we are suppose to get them balanced vertically also? What is the best way cut off plastic or add something to the other side?

Thanks
Col
By horizontally, do you mean with the prop lettering facing up like if you were balancing a heli blade? I've always balanced them with the prop lettering facing forward/backward using a prop balancer I go from hobby king.

Quick Reply