Free Flight FF Auto Balance Controller with 3D Acceleration Sensor For QuadCopter - Page 102 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Feb 14, 2012, 11:56 PM
Suspended Account
As usual it just comes down to paying for stuff. I could pay someone to do them or abuse my assembly line for free. If I pay someone then I'm obligated to sell stuff. And I don't want to turn a hobby into a full time job that being said, even if I paid someone, my local choices are well, several magnitudes cheaper than u.s. Based service
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Feb 15, 2012, 12:12 AM
Dance the skies...
Tom Frank's Avatar
Can some one please confirm the corner bolt hole spacing on the stock FF board... it doesn't mention anywhere I've looked. I'm putting together an order at the GLB web store, and it only has one that's rated for over 25A. Just want to be sure the bolt spacing matches.

Also, is the low voltage "buzzer" on the board very loud? I plan to remove it from the main board regardless, but just wondering if it's got a low enough frequency that I can hear it (like maybe 500 Hz or less... like a real buzzer). I can't hear higher frequencies at any distance.
Feb 15, 2012, 12:19 AM
Suspended Account
Spacing is standard 45mm or so, I'm driving so can't check. Same pattern as mk etc.
Buzzer is continuous tone type, so likely 2.3khz.
Feb 15, 2012, 12:25 AM
Suspended Account
http://0x000000.info/%5Cdropbox%5Cmisc%5C2300hz.mp3

for your listening pleasure

timecop you should get my angryface avatar lol
Feb 15, 2012, 12:31 AM
Suspended Account
timecop do you have your own thread made? maybe post schematics and stuff . i want to make/build one!

that's how kk boards started right?
http://www.skanowanie.com.pl/4yeo/quadcontrollerv4.jpg
Feb 15, 2012, 12:42 AM
Dance the skies...
Tom Frank's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by chatch15117
Thank you! That may work for me, depending the volume level and other ambient and motor noise outdoors.
Feb 15, 2012, 01:29 AM
Registered User
I realize this may not be the forum for this post but definitely the right group of people, Somebody help me out, or point me in a direction. I have a small group of boys 14-16 years old and want to have them each build there own simple (cheap) multi. I don't want it to be to easy for them, yet possible and leave them some freedom on design. I am not worried about the technical aspects I can help them (I have the pcb experience, and programming background). I was a lot closer 3 days ago when I started researching than I am now. I have read so many projects and threads that I don't know which way is up all though the FF board seems like the obvious choice this project. Where can I get some simple specs and materials list? I'm in the US, not crazy about china orders and would like some support if need be. Thanks for the help and sorry for inappropriate forum.
Feb 15, 2012, 01:38 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by chatch15117
timecop do you have your own thread made? maybe post schematics and stuff . i want to make/build one!

that's how kk boards started right?
http://www.skanowanie.com.pl/4yeo/quadcontrollerv4.jpg



FF schematic is in first post
Feb 15, 2012, 01:54 AM
OpenAeroVTOL developer
HappySundays's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by spytebyte
I have read so many projects and threads that I don't know which way is up all though the FF board seems like the obvious choice this project. Where can I get some simple specs and materials list? I'm in the US, not crazy about china orders and would like some support if need be. Thanks for the help and sorry for inappropriate forum.
I think the KK type boards would have to be the simplest and cheapest. Circuits readily available on the many KK threads
Feb 15, 2012, 02:20 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappySundays
I think the KK type boards would have to be the simplest and cheapest. Circuits readily available on the many KK threads
agreed, can't beat kk for stupid easy for diy.
Feb 15, 2012, 10:29 AM
Registered MisUser
whiteturbo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by timecop
agreed, can't beat kk for stupid easy for diy.
Agreed, even i built one and im electronicaly dyslexic, and it worked first time
Feb 15, 2012, 10:35 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
Tom
Yep a buzzer on a flight controller with an IMU is a lousy idea. That and it points straight up which is not optimum on a multicopter. It is an easy soldering fix. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1247 The buzzer is adequate but it is about half as loud as this one: http://www.quadroufo.com/product_inf...adf49der4ga1d5. So if you are planning on flying it so far away that it becomes a dot in the sky you might want to consider it because it is LOUD. I use them on my other builds.
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank
Thank you! That may work for me, depending the volume level and other ambient and motor noise outdoors.
Feb 15, 2012, 11:10 AM
Registered User
man1024's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by timecop
agreed, can't beat kk for stupid easy for diy.
He mentioned "yet possible and leave them some freedom on design". could be FF board? LOL.
Feb 15, 2012, 02:31 PM
Dance the skies...
Tom Frank's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins
Tom
Yep a buzzer on a flight controller with an IMU is a lousy idea. That and it points straight up which is not optimum on a multicopter. It is an easy soldering fix. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1247 The buzzer is adequate but it is about half as loud as this one: http://www.quadroufo.com/product_inf...adf49der4ga1d5. So if you are planning on flying it so far away that it becomes a dot in the sky you might want to consider it because it is LOUD. I use them on my other builds.
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Thanks for the links, Jim. The louder buzzer would be good if it were a lower frequency. My hearing drops off rapidly over 1000 Hz. I put a "louder" 2700Hz alarm beeper in my TX, and can barely hear it (it's highly directional as well). I'm thinking maybe a very bright LED (or several, one on each arm) might be a better solution, even in daylight?
Feb 15, 2012, 03:08 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
Hi Tom,
I flew jets in the USAF for over 6K hours, so my hearing is not the greatest either, but I can hear this one When I test my multicopters in the house, I have to put tape over the that buzzer or my family complains. Bright LED's work for some too if the sun is behind you. Conservative timing on your Tx and voltage readout via data-link and/or OSD are the best for keeping track of the remaining power. Always allow a 2 minute reserve for landing, or land as soon as you hear the buzzer. Pushing the battery reserve is probably one of the most frequent causes for most Gents multicopter crashes. That and not setting the ESC's to NiMh and low or no cutoff get the predictable bad results.
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank
Thanks for the links, Jim. The louder buzzer would be good if it were a lower frequency. My hearing drops off rapidly over 1000 Hz. I put a "louder" 2700Hz alarm beeper in my TX, and can barely hear it (it's highly directional as well). I'm thinking maybe a very bright LED (or several, one on each arm) might be a better solution, even in daylight?
Last edited by jesolins; Feb 15, 2012 at 03:15 PM.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold Complete MultiWii Quadcopter Flight Controller madushan2008 Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 3 Aug 11, 2011 09:25 AM
Sold FY90Q Flight Controller for Quadcopter - $70 shipped jpsabo Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 1 Jul 29, 2011 11:21 AM
For Sale Complete MultiWii Quadcopter Flight Controller Kit madushan2008 Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 7 Jul 26, 2011 09:58 AM
Sold Multi Wii flight controller with auto level ver 1.7 tc3wins Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 1 May 08, 2011 02:02 AM
Video Trex SE...3d flight with auto Nick Maxwell Electric Heli Talk 10 Dec 18, 2006 10:23 PM