Feb 14, 2012, 04:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timecop
Anyhow looks like some of my revised clone pcbs are starting to arrive and I got all the other parts in so maybe I'll make a few this week.
Where is the link for the wish list or pre-order?

Geotete
to remove ads between posts
Feb 14, 2012, 06:36 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by geotete
Where is the link for the wish list or pre-order?

Geotete
Soon, soon (:

OK, I was finally able to duplicate i2c lockup and fix it (i think), so can someone with ff board where previous mwii firmware did not work try this? PPM only, but should be enough for GUI etc. You can always go back with recovery firmware. all sensors are auto-detected so if you got a baro soldered/on breakout board or a mag it will also find it.

Test with multiwiiconf 20120203
Feb 14, 2012, 06:58 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
TC,
Are any pull up changes required for this?
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:
Soon, soon (:

OK, I was finally able to duplicate i2c lockup and fix it (i think), so can someone with ff board where previous mwii firmware did not work try this? PPM only, but should be enough for GUI etc. You can always go back with recovery firmware. all sensors are auto-detected so if you got a baro soldered/on breakout board or a mag it will also find it.

Feb 14, 2012, 07:07 AM
Suspended Account
I didnt change pullups on my original ff board (except removing switching reg) and it works there so... 'm gonna guess: no
Feb 14, 2012, 07:17 AM
throw new IOPilotException();
Quote:
Soon, soon (:

TC,
Isn't there any PWM version in the horizon?
I currently don't have any RX with PPM that I can use.
And I'd like to try it out.
Feb 14, 2012, 07:19 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceWind
TC,
Isn't there any PWM version in the horizon?
I currently don't have any RX with PPM that I can use.
And I'd like to try it out.
You don't need a receiver to test it, but here's pwm version. I know how to auto-detect between the two but I'm too lazy to implement it.
Feb 14, 2012, 07:27 AM
throw new IOPilotException();
Quote:
You don't need a receiver to test it
??
I skipped the last post, but I had the idea you had an already working(flyable) version.
Os this one is only for testing/seeing the sensor output using the Mwc GUI?

Either way thanks for sharing!
Feb 14, 2012, 07:33 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceWind
??
I skipped the last post, but I had the idea you had an already working(flyable) version.
Os this one is only for testing/seeing the sensor output using the Mwc GUI?

Either way thanks for sharing!
It didn't seem to work on SOME freeflight boards, so I *think* I solved that.

Otherwise, yes, code is flyable in QuadX with pwm or ppm inputs. Motor numbers follow the 1..6 numbering (so motors go into 1..4) and order is same as multiwii.
Feb 14, 2012, 07:41 AM
TC, is sonar support possible?
Feb 14, 2012, 07:43 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkdgglr
TC, is sonar support possible?
Anything is possible, but I'd like to make sure the baseline runs on everyone's board (:
Feb 14, 2012, 07:45 AM
I was referring specifically to your clone. If I can add a sonar, i'd definatley replace the ff with your clone.
Feb 14, 2012, 07:47 AM
Suspended Account
But you can add sonar to original as well.. The connectors are same. I plan to extend the 6 motor outputs / 8 PWM inputs to be assignable, so for example one could do a hexa with 7 RC channels and use channel 8 for sonar or that sort of thing. This is why I want to make sure the code runs just as well on original boards, I already knew it runs on mine for a few weeks
Feb 14, 2012, 07:54 AM
I could, but yours also has baro and magnetometer right? Together with the small footprint and sonar support sounds like a great replacement for my current FF.
Feb 14, 2012, 09:24 AM
Chinese making clones of chinese boards. That's funny. They better remove that label from the buzzer "Remove seal after washing". Some newbie is going to think the board needs to be washed before using it.
Feb 14, 2012, 09:30 AM
Quote:
But you can add sonar to original as well.. The connectors are same. I plan to extend the 6 motor outputs / 8 PWM inputs to be assignable, so for example one could do a hexa with 7 RC channels and use channel 8 for sonar or that sort of thing. This is why I want to make sure the code runs just as well on original boards, I already knew it runs on mine for a few weeks
Software and hardware skills. I am assuming you must be an electrical engineer by trade. My hats off to your skills and kudos to all your input here regarding this board. :-)

Quick Reply